Round 4: Quadrant 3 Matchup 2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• Bret Hart

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Randy Savage

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Bret Hart
8698.jpg

Bret Hart won the WWE title from Ric Flair on October 12th 1992 in Saskatoon, SK. He lost the title to Yokozuna on April 4th 1993 at Wrestlemania. He won it back on March 20th 1994 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Bob Backlund on November 23rd 1994 at Survivor Series in a Submission Match. He won his third WWE title from Diesel in a NO DQ Match on November 19th 1995 at Survivor Series. He lost the title to Shawn Michaels on March 31st 1996 at Wrestlemania in Overtime of a 60 minute Iron Man Match. He won the vacant title on February 16th 1997 at in Your House 13: Final Four in a four way elimination match against Steve Austin, Undertaker, and Vader. He lost the title to Sycho Sid the next night on Raw. He won his fifth WWE title from The Undertaker on August 3rd 1997 at Summerslam with Shawn Michaels as the referee. He lost the title to Michaels on November 9th 1997 at Survivor Series. He won the vacant WCW title by defeating Chris Benoit in a tournament final on November 21st 1999 at Mayhem. He vacated the title due to a controversial finish in a match against Goldberg at Starrcade 1999 on the December 20th 1999 Nitro. He won it back that same night by defeating Goldberg in a rematch. He vacated the title due to injury on January 16th 2000 at Souled Out.

Randy Savage
savage1.jpg

Randy Savage won the vacant WWE title by defeating Ted DiBiase in a tournament final on March 27th 1988 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Hulk Hogan on April 2nd 1989 at Wrestlemania. He won his second WWE title from Ric Flair on April 5th 1992 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title back on the September 14th 1992 Prime Time Wrestling. He won the vacant WCW title by winning the World War 3 match on November 26th 1995 at World War 3. He lost the title to Ric Flair on December 27th 1995 at Starrcade. He won the title back on January 22nd 1996 on Nitro. He lost the title back on February 11th 1996 at SuperBrawl. He won his third WCW title from Sting on April 19th 1998 at Spring Stampede. He lost the title to Hollywood Hogan in a No DQ match on April 20th 1998 on Nitro. He won his fourth WCW title from Kevin Nash on July 11th 1999 at Bash at the Beach in a tag match also involving Sid Vicious and Sting. He lost the title to Hogan on July 12th 1999 on Nitro.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Bret Hart for me here, again... Hard choice but felt Bret was more better.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Very close match up here and I can see it going either way but Bret Hart is more a champion in my eyes than Savage. Savage sure as hell had a better character that is for damn sure.

Deuce

Reaction score
Bret Hart for me even though I like Savage much more, he just can't top Hart as champion though.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Wow. Hardest one so far.

In the end, Savage. He was THE charcter. The man that would later make wrestling the way that it is. As great as Bret was, thats really all he had. He was a good technician in the ring, but Savage was the whole package.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Two of my favourites. Savage maybe as a character was better and you can make a case for him having a greater career than Hart, but I suppose the WWF Title became such a big thing for the Hitman and not so much for Savage.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Randy Savage.

This should not be close. People like Bret Hart with no charisma do NOT belong on television. They should stick to what they're good at and wrestle in Indy venues like ROH for $200 a night.

Besides, Randy Savage held the title for a full year in the Hogan era. Follow that, Shitman.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Loved what both brought in the ring but what makes me pick Savage is his charisma and mic skills.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
I chose Bret for one reason. Although I am a huge Randy Savage fan, I think his best work was in the Intercontinental Title scene whereas Bret's best work was in the WWF Title scene. This is a hard choice to make but Bret takes it for me.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Randy Savage.

This should not be close. People like Bret Hart with no charisma do NOT belong on television. They should stick to what they're good at and wrestle in Indy venues like ROH for $200 a night.

Besides, Randy Savage held the title for a full year in the Hogan era. Follow that, Shitman.

Have to say Hart did very well for himself if in your eyes is a gloryfied indie wrestler. The fact that people still consider him one of the best ever to this day says it all for me.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Yeah, he did well for himself because of the fucking steroid trial where all the real stars left and Vince had to depend on people like him and Michaels that nobody cared about. Hence the lowest drawing period in WWE history.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Yeah, he did well for himself because of the fucking steroid trial where all the real stars left and Vince had to depend on people like him and Michaels that nobody cared about. Hence the lowest drawing period in WWE history.

Wait, so all the "real" superstars left in the steroids trial? Wouldn't that mean they'd be ON trial, which would actually make them the FAKE superstars...but whatever. Your opinions are so warped anyways, I've stopped listening to them. Saying no one cared about Michaels or Hart is the most idiotic thing I've heard of.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Oh yeah, they were huge draws. That's why the company almost went out of business until Austin saved their ass, right?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score

Yeah cause The Ultimate Warrior was SO MUCH BETTER than Bret.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Any Savage first reign was legendary but he never really defended the belt, Hart defended the belt a whole hell of a lot. Bret but I give Savage credit as he was a good champ.