Money in the Bank Ronda Rousey vs. Nia Jax announced for Money in the Bank.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
If Nia pins Ronda cleanly with no bull, then that would be hilarious. I wouldn't even care if the MitB winner cashes in and gets the belt from Nia afterward because the fact Ronda lost to Nia is just glorious. If Nia wins by bull then it would be no surprise and I will just complain about it like everyone else on here, lol.

Like I said said Ronda mostly will win by DQ there no way she losing clearly.

Last edited:

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Put the belt in Ronda. Nia ain't making any waves. Ronda winning the belt will get 1000 times more media coverage and publicity and bring more viewers and fans to WWE. That was the point of signing Rousey to WWE, to bring in more viewers, especially females. Vince also probably wants to have Rousey and Lesnar both hold the titles at the same time.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
To be honest, I think the part of this I dislike the most is the incredibly boring and laissez-faire way they went about making the match. Just some stupid carpet event where Nia Jax is like, Ronda fight me for the title please, and Charlotte peer pressures her into accepting it? That is so lame. It was smart of WWE to have Ronda reluctant to the idea though, they want to make sure they contrast her character from Brock by making her someone respectful of the business, having her reaction being to go "there are more deserving woman" is a decent way to attempt to combat the hatred her push will generate from several of the die-hards (I don't think it'll work mind you, but I appreciate them trying).

All that said, I honestly don't care if she wins it at Money in the Bank. Part of this is plain detachment from the current Raw Women's division, but a lot of it is that I prefer Ronda wins the title before her fated Mania bout with Charlotte. We all know Ronda's going to be champion at some-point, if they waited til Mania it's clear that the story of the first ever women's WrestleMania main event will be about Ronda's coronation. If she's already as established former champion, or even the champion going into Mania, than the story will more likely be about Charlotte conquering her like. I far prefer the latter scenario, so if Ronda getting sky-rocketed as the champion is the way to lead to Charlotte's victory at Mania, so be it. And with the Money in the Bank around, they have an easy way to get the title off Ronda so Ronda doesn't have to hold the title til Mania if she wins it.

And for the record, I still think this is too soon and totally get why other people are more pissed at this than am I, I would've waited til SummerSlam at the earliest to give her a title shot, and I'm not even saying she should win it here but it's not going to really bother me if they pulled the trigger at Money in the Bank.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
To be honest, I think the part of this I dislike the most is the incredibly boring and laissez-faire way they went about making the match. Just some stupid carpet event where Nia Jax is like, Ronda fight me for the title please, and Charlotte peer pressures her into accepting it? That is so lame. It was smart of WWE to have Ronda reluctant to the idea though, they want to make sure they contrast her character from Brock by making her someone respectful of the business, having her reaction being to go "there are more deserving woman" is a decent way to attempt to combat the hatred her push will generate from several of the die-hards (I don't think it'll work mind you, but I appreciate them trying).
totally agree. The whole video was kinda awkward and almost seemed like a joke if it wasn't for WWE marketing it as a legit match announcement with Charlotte dropping random Woos and all 3 of them walking off laughing at the end.
Another thing that I found odd about this was the fact that the champion challenged the challenger, making it seem like the target was off the title and on to the attraction at is Ronda. And even though the whole "I don't really deserve the title shot yet" thing was cute and all (even though it sounded like she said that with a gun to her head by every smark on the planet), it's so unrealistic and displays Ronda as somewhat of an un-driven person in my eyes. In a competitive sport like this you're supposed to take any chance you get to win the bigger price/bigger paycheck, whether you're a face or a heel

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I have a few problems with this...

1 - Nia can't wrestle very well.
2 - Ronda is new to wrestling.

I hope that no one gets hurt but this just sounds like a bad idea.
Doesn't hurt me at all. I feel like WWE might write Rousey to actually win the match since she was a cry baby when she lost in MMA.. and this being her second match only.. I bet she cried to Triple H about winning for her reputation. Lol

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
Another example of "rushing" the gold i mean all wwe does is rush with everything they don't develop anymore like the old days and they're desperate with this move they want to put the belt on someone whose famous and has something outside of the wwe to allow her to get that coverage. I feel sorry for Jax because she's about to get an "early round knockout" by rousey.
K

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Just like everybody else, I myself was also quite surprised when I first heard of the announcment last week regarding this match and initially shared most of the concerns already expressed above by our fellow members. However, having given this a bit more thought, I kind of think it may not be such a bad idea after all, assuming WWE have something bigger planned.

The way I see things at the moment, I'm thinking that a screwy finish is almost a guarantee, whether via an immediate cash in or any other kind of interference. The first scenario will of course require the woman's ladder match takes place prior to this matchup which is why I'm thinking it may actually open the show. Quite frankly, I think it would be the most clever way to start the show because having declared the woman's money in the bank winner early on would add intrigue to both title matches that would follow, planting the seed in all of us fans of "what if that person decides to cash in immediately". Dean Ambrose already did it a couple of years ago so who's to say they wouldn't do it again on the female side?

In this case, Natalya seems like a pretty good pick to win the briefcase and cash in on Ronda, turning against her "best friend" at the same time. We can all see this feud coming a mile away anyway so this perhaps could be a good way to set things up. Just to be clear, this isn't my official prediction but basically me laying a probable scenario on the table for discussion.

But even if there's no attempted cash in, who's to say that someone can't interfere on behalf of...Stephanie McMahon (that person again likeliest being Natalya) and screw Ronda over when it appears that she's almost won. This idea would coincide with the inital theory that WWE are looking to redo the Vince/Austin angle with Stephanie and Ronda. Granted, I've expressed my objections to this idea mostly because Steph ain't no Vince but IF they are looking to go down that road, this would be the time to pull the trigger. Not for nothing, the timing of Stephanie's return to RAW this past Monday can't be just a coinsidence, whilst I also found it bizarre that she basically cut the promo during the contract signing on behalf of both women.

If one thing is for sure, something has to give because on one hand it appears to be too soon for Nia Jax to drop the title but you also can't beat Ronda Rousey already and most definetely not on her first single's match in WWE, therefore the only way to prevent both of the above to happen is by having someone interfere.

As for the rest of the discussion, whether it's too soon for Ronda to be getting title opportunities or if she deserves it or not, at the end of the day we all know that WWE just don't give a shit anyway and will do whatever they want to do. So long as they at least have a bigger angle planned, I'm actually fine with this match happening and I'm pretty sure the hot Chicago crowd will help make this even more special.