Roman Reigns to split from the Shield

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I just hope this isn't another case of The Rockers and The Hardy's and Priceless where the guy you think is gonna make it big shits the bed and the other guy makes it. Granted, when they started, most thought Reigns was the odd man out and that Ambrose AND Rollins would be stars. Ironically, Reigns is the guy that is getting over out of the three the most... so perhaps he is the HBK/Jeff/Cody of this thing... only (aside from Shawn) hopefully a lot more successful.

Best way to really do this is at the Rumble though. I don't think he's ready for a Mania main event push (although he could still lose)... but if Reigns/Ambrose were the last two in and Reigns throws out Ambrose? That'd be a MONEY MOMENT for the ages.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
No reason why Reigns couldn't win the Rumble, the Rumble winner doesn't Main Event Mania anymore, well except Cena. But that was just because it was Cena-Rock II. Most years WWE just book a part timer match as the Main Event because the current roster isn't big enough to headline Mania. It would be a great build though, tease the split then have Reigns eliminate the others to win.

It is funny though that the two guys from The Shield that has had the IWC drooling are the two guys teh casual fans dont give a shit about, Reigns is the star of the group.

CGS

Reaction score
Nah giving him the Rumble win to basically kick start his single career right now would be a bad call. Even though off course the winner doesn't really main event anymore giving him a World title shot in any case is just too early and frankly he just doesn't need it.

CGS

Reaction score
World titles don't mean much off course but i feel the rumble does still have a bit of meaning.

CGS

Reaction score
Not saying it hasn't devalued but I feel that because it does still main event on the odd occasion and is still hyped like a big deal it has some weight to it. Unlike the World titles which thanks to the MITB and various stupid booking calls has more or less rendered them worthless.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The Rumble winners curtain jerking more often than not has devalued it.

It's a four hour show at Mania, you have to start it off quick hence the curtain jerkin champs. But giving Reigns a hotshot rocket will kill any momentum he would have. Force feeding a guy just creates bitterness from vocal "smart fans" who put asterisks on those type of guys saying "oh he hangs out with so and so," "he trains with that guy".

Like Sheamus, because god forbid WWE actually pushes someone, too bad it wasn't some fuck who was 5'11 and has the muscle structure of Billy Kidman.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It's a four hour show at Mania, you have to start it off quick hence the curtain jerkin champs. But giving Reigns a hotshot rocket will kill any momentum he would have. Force feeding a guy just creates bitterness from vocal "smart fans" who put asterisks on those type of guys saying "oh he hangs out with so and so," "he trains with that guy".

Like Sheamus, because god forbid WWE actually pushes someone, too bad it wasn't some fuck who was 5'11 and has the muscle structure of Billy Kidman.
Notice, I never said he had to win the title, rather just get a shot at Mania after winning the Rumble. I can think of a number of Hall of Famers who lost WM title matches..........

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Notice, I never said he had to win the title, rather just get a shot at Mania after winning the Rumble. I can think of a number of Hall of Famers who lost WM title matches..........

And what? Have the same people who would cry if he won, say WWE is afraid to pull the trigger on yet another guy? Like Del Rio at WM 27?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
And what? Have the same people who would cry if he won, say WWE is afraid to pull the trigger on yet another guy? Like Del Rio at WM 27?

HBK lost at Mania after winning the Rumble. Not saying he is or ever will be in HBK's class... but that's how you can build this guy up. He wins the Rumble, loses at Mania, fans get upset (if fans get upset, you know you have a guy they care about and can get behind). Then? Spend the next year making him throw out proclamations of wanting to get into the Main Event of Mania and walk out with the title. You can have him repeat the next year at the Royal Rumble, and walk out with the strap. Then it's all on booking to make his title run memorable, which they never do unless it's Cena.

Reaction score
HBK lost at WM 11 and went on to win the IC title and had a 5 star match at Summerslam with Razor Ramon in their epic rematch. We all know what happened after, HBK went on to win the title at WM 12. HBK losing elevated his career. Now Roman Reigns could get a push like this. I'll be honest there wouldn't be a better place to get your name recognized then at WM 30, the biggest ppv possibly in WWE history. Or on the other hand, they wait. They pushed Ryback too quickly and it hurt him. Loss after loss to Punk lost his credibility. I'd hate to see the same to Reigns.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Because we are comparing Roman Reigns to HBK? Just because you give a guy a similar push doesn't mean he sticks, and I don't think Reigns has a group of buddies in high positions and booking committee ties to make sure he wins belts and works with his friends all year to ensure he gets over enough for a title win at Mania.

Just saying, also, he shouldn't be elevated this year, he needs time to grow, if he could carry a promo on his own, he would be already. He needs his verbal charisma to match his physical charisma and if you get that, you got yourself an actual star.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Only ONE proven way to get a guy's mic skills up... give him the microphone, let him talk AS HIMSELF, and let him break out. Rocky was REAL boring on the mic until he became The Rock and got to use some catchphrases and sling around locker-room quips. Obviously, you can't say 1/100th of the things The Rock said on the mic nowadays... but you can let Reigns get himself a good catchphrase, and let him talk with HIS VOICE... not a writer's text.