Survivor Series Roman possibly winning the title... You guys now cool with that?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
You do realize he's facing Seth Rollins for the title?... That's bad news for Roman Reigns and his fans.

Seth is going to walk all over him and retain the title, like he's done for months.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Now that Roman's had some mid card status since Wrestlemania to improve a bit, and now we've had more exposure, you guys cool with Reign's winning now? His mic skills are in the works, and his ring skills are becoming of progress as I heard. What do you guys think? I'm cool with it now.

I've been okay with the idea as WHC for a little while now... especially due to the mostly lackluster Rollins title run.

That being said, I still don't think he is right to be the main company guy i.e. Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, the Rock art John Cena. I honestly don't think he has it in him to ever be in this role... just my opinion and I'm not going to argue with anyone to defend it because it's pointless. But being a guy who gets a few title runs until a better company guy comes along is fine.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
More believable than Reigns beating Lesnar for the belt honestly. I'll be down to see Reigns have the title. I've kind of had enough of Rollins' reign. Poorly booked and under utilized describes his reign best. Roman Reigns seems to be the perfect candidate to take the title off of Rollins and hopefully an Ambrose heel turn and feud will happen. Something to change from the formulaic ideas behind The Shield's single runs works fine with me.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You do realize he's facing Seth Rollins for the title?... That's bad news for Roman Reigns and his fans.

Seth is going to walk all over him and retain the title, like he's done for months.

They're not gonna shit on Reigns by having him fail at the title shot for like the 5th time. He's Vince's pet project and he'll protect him if he were to fail at capturing the WWE-WHC (read: Ambrose turns on Reigns)

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
They're not gonna shit on Reigns by having him fail at the title shot for like the 5th time. He's Vince's pet project and he'll protect him if he were to fail at capturing the WWE-WHC (read: Ambrose turns on Reigns)

They don't have to shit on Reigns. Rollins will still beat his ass and retain his title.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I think they would rather have Reigns be a heel, no?

The machine (Vince) wants Reigns as the babyface and the next John Cena. Vince is prolly like HE'S GONNA WORK AS A FACE OR HE'S NOT GONNA WORK AT ALL, GODDAMMIT! I, for one, want Reigns as a heel before and I want him to be universally hated, before he's universally loved and ya know, till he ultimately becomes the face of the company.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
After thinking about it more... I'm totally on board with Roman winning the title. Hell, if the story's right it can be exactly what both characters need to get on the right track!!

There's plenty of out of kayfabe reasons to be okay with it, but lets just tackle this in storyline.

Lets start with Seth. Much of the reason his title reign has been such a fail has really been because we don't have a reason to hate him. Almost any conversation about Seth comes down to "writing" and "booking" and "formatting" and all this crap that gets the company heat and not Seth... So why should we hate Seth? Because he ended the Shield, because he attacked the group we loved so much and traded away their brotherhood for a championship hand-delivered by Kane (in an angle only Jon Stewart paid attention to).

Largely the same issue on Roman's side, as Stopspot put perfectly during the Rumble, the issue was that Bryan had all this buildup and all these reasons to get behind the guy while Roman really didn't have any. He was simply "the next top guy, dammit!" after we saw Bryan get killed off time and time and time again... Look at the awkward way his character went. He was attacked by Seth, then while Seth and Dean were in the ladder match, Roman started to climb towards the title picture and get awkwardly handed a title shot at Battleground... then he had that pointless feud with Orton, then had the hernia while Dean was wanting to rip Seth's ears off and shove them down his throat and beating the shit out of him with everything he could find inside the cell before getting completely distracted by a ghost lantern and the revenge for the Shield was dropped... and now's our chance at a happy ending.

This is Roman's first real shot at Seth, right? I mean, maybe they had a forgotten Raw match or two, but now you're main eventing a PPV for all the marbles. This is the biggie. After all these teases and reunions lately, now's the chance to pay off the Shield breakup angle and let Reigns beat that ass with Ambrose laughing maniacally on the outside.

Fist bump. Believe that.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm cool with reigns winnings now. WWE gave him a little more time. They showed he has some weaknesses and can overcome the wyatts. His late match with bray proved a lot I think. He's been doing better with the fans lately as well.

I'm not saying the fans will be hugely receptive, but it won't feel as forced now.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm cool with reigns winnings now. WWE gave him a little more time. They showed he has some weaknesses and can overcome the wyatts. His late match with bray proved a lot I think. He's been doing better with the fans lately as well.

I'm not saying the fans will be hugely receptive, but it won't feel as forced now.

I absolutely agree. It won't feel as forced... in fact with the lackluster Rollins reign, it will feel like a breath of fresh air to have things shaken up.

I almost wonder if this might have been the plan. Have a poor reign by Rollins to make people really crave a change and maybe fans will welcome Reigns and WWE can finally try to push him the way they want.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I absolutely agree. It won't feel as forced... in fact with the lackluster Rollins reign, it will feel like a breath of fresh air to have things shaken up.

I almost wonder if this might have been the plan. Have a poor reign by Rollins to make people really crave a change and maybe fans will welcome Reigns and WWE can finally try to push him the way they want.
I hope so because the way they've portrayed Rollins has been utter shit. Tired of this JbL chickenshit garbage. Let the HBK Rollins rule. Let him actually win on his own.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I hope so because the way they've portrayed Rollins has been utter shit. Tired of this JbL chickenshit garbage. Let the HBK Rollins rule. Let him actually win on his own.

Rollins has actually been winning on his own for a little while now, they're distancing himself away from The Authority little by little because his face turn and a match with HHH is on the horizon. Rollins is going to make a fantastic babyface.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
^well, three clean wins in one week (Ryback, Cesaro, Kane) sure is pointing that way.

When was the last time the Authority did ANYTHING to benefit Rollins? Even during a Raw segment?
Could be wrong, but just remember Triple H doing so much to sabotage this guy - throwing Lesnar and Cena at him over the summer comes to mind - and Seth just retaining because of stuff like random appearances from teleporting dick-kicking zombies