Survivor Series Roman possibly winning the title... You guys now cool with that?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Now that Roman's had some mid card status since Wrestlemania to improve a bit, and now we've had more exposure, you guys cool with Reign's winning now? His mic skills are in the works, and his ring skills are becoming of progress as I heard. What do you guys think? I'm cool with it now.

Last edited:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Not yet. I want him to win at a bigger PPV as a heel.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yup. I'm fine with it. I'd rather see Reigns win the WWE-WHC at SS than having to go through yet another Royal Rumble Rebellion. So, do it. :bodallas:

I want Reigns as a heel, too. And they could do that if his title win isn't well received.
But, in case they don't want Reigns as the WWE-WHC yet, I'm spinning this idea of Ambrose possibly turning on Reigns.
The pep talk Ambrose gave him in that backstage segment, to me, sounded like it could possibly trigger a heel turn at SS.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
He is not ready. It will just blow up in their faces and ruin his career. I am not okay with it. Not yet.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Might as well give it to Taker. He's going to wrestle another 50 years anyway, so why not.

He is not Cena... I would say 20 years tops. Cena though... He has got another 50+ years in him.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
He is not Cena... I would say 20 years tops. Cena though... He has got another 50+ years in him.
20 years?? Are you all crazy?? The dude is like 52. He will wrestle for like 6 more years tops. I'll guarantee it, if that.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
As far as Roman is concerned, give him the belt... He's waited long enough, they're going to do it any way, and he's only gotten better. Just see how it plays out. Won't hurt. And I don't want another Roman rumble.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
20 years?? Are you all crazy?? The dude is like 52. He will wrestle for like 6 more years tops. I'll guarantee it, if that.
John Cena is 38 years old. He has not even hit 40 yet. And as long as he doesn't get some real serious injuries he can keep working for a good while yet. Jerry Lawler still wrestles on the independents and does a fine job of it. Especially if John saunters down in the card and works with rookies once his time on top has passed.

Here's another example of a wrestler working well into old age.
This, is Masanobu Fuchi:
fuchi11-220x314.jpg

He's 61 years old and still works actively for All Japan pro wrestling. 61 years old. He has adapted his style to fit his age and works more of a comedy based style than his old martial arts and high flying based style. But he still does work to this day.

If John Cena wants to work until he is 60, he can.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm kind of pulling for him to win the belt, honestly. They'll probably want to wait it out till Wrestlemania of course, since it's always a much bigger deal to win your first world championship there than it is at any other event (not to mention the 2016 Royal Rumble is in Reigns' home state of Florida, so they might be willing to take the risk that his victory won't be shit on as badly as it was this year if he wins it again), but I wouldn't mind them just going ahead and pulling the trigger on it now. Seth's title reign has run its course, and having Reigns choke for the fifth fucking time in a championship match isn't exactly the most ideal way of making him a big main event star.

But go ahead and turn Ambrose by having him cost Reigns the title. Do it WWE, just so I can laugh at you once more when it ends up having the exact opposite effect of what you desire.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
John Cena is 38 years old. He has not even hit 40 yet. And as long as he doesn't get some real serious injuries he can keep working for a good while yet. Jerry Lawler still wrestles on the independents and does a fine job of it. Especially if John saunters down in the card and works with rookies once his time on top has passed.

Here's another example of a wrestler working well into old age.
This, is Masanobu Fuchi:
fuchi11-220x314.jpg

He's 61 years old and still works actively for All Japan pro wrestling. 61 years old. He has adapted his style to fit his age and works more of a comedy based style than his old martial arts and high flying based style. But he still does work to this day.

If John Cena wants to work until he is 60, he can.
He was referencing taker still doing 20 more years and Jon doing like 50

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'd be down for Roman winning the title. I'm no huge Roman Reigns fan but at this point it will be interesting just to see WWE shake things up. I feel like right now is the perfect time to give him the push. Cena and Orton are both gone, Lesnar is done until 2016.

Roman is obviously going to win the title someday, and I rather have it not be at Wrestlemania for his first time so its not some cliche Wrestlemania moment (and also so it hopefully doesn't start with him winning the Royal Rumble again)