Elimination Chamber Roman or Seth Rollins

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The Plank of Wood is winning the Chamber...
The Plank of Wood is winning the Universal title at Wrestlemania...
The Plank of Wood is going to hold the Universal title for 500+ days...
Many, Many more talented performers (starting with Rollins) will be
told to have great matches with him to make him look strong...
&
I won't watch a single one of them...5 Star rating or not...

I REFUSE to watch the Plank of Wood or "embrace" him as the
"Top Guy" & just because the WWE tells me he's the "Top Guy"
doesn't make it fucking so.

On a side note I personally believe Rollins should actually be the
"Top Guy" mainly because he is capable of putting on fantastic
matches against a variety of opponents & actually has charisma &
a personality.

Unlike the Plank of Wood...who is...well...a Plank of Wood.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
From rumors and reports, it's Roman, and he and Seth will feud for the title after Mania. I personally think they should somehow make it at triple threat and have Rollins vs Roman vs Lesnar at Mania. This would be a great match and make sense since all three were involved at Wrestlemania 31.

That's not out of the question.. I think there's a strong possibility it will be a triple threat at Mania.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
It's kind of obvious that Roman is winning and going to Wrestlemania. For years they have had the idea of making Brock unstoppable and having Roman Reigns to beat him to become "the top star" and even since before WM 33 was done, they planned on that match for WM 34. Am I excited? Maybe not as much as some others.

But for me, I feel as though Seth Rollins is the more well-rounded performer and I think this past week on Raw he really pushed himself to a great performance. He has proved he can work both sides of the spectrum for Babyface and heel (although they didn't turn him soon enough, but this past week he really showed his babyface fire) and his matches have been consistently good for a long time. You complained about his title run, but the issue with his run was they went overboard with the "chicken-shit heel" motif in that he rarely had a clean win on PPV, and on weekly TV he was booked 50/50.

So to conclude, while I would not mind Seth Rollins being added, I've basically come to grips that it will be Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar. Will I love it? Idk
I agree with both sentiments. It's going to be Roman Vs Lesnar.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Is there honestly any question in anyone's mind that it will be Roman? If so, they haven't been paying attention to WWE for four years.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I don’t see how this is a thread. It’s Roman and Brock. It’s a given. The only “surprise” we may get, and it’s a huge long shot, is Strowman winning. And I highly doubt it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don’t see how this is a thread. It’s Roman and Brock. It’s a given. The only “surprise” we may get, and it’s a huge long shot, is Strowman winning. And I highly doubt it.

It is sad too because with Strowman's momentum, he's the better choice. I still feel the purpose of the Roman/Brock encounter is no longer needed. Roman has already held the belt three times, headlined three manias in a row, defeated the Undertaker at Wrestlemania... he doesn't need to beat Lesnar to be established as the top guy anymore. It seems more like WWE is just doing this to get a sense of completion on their original idea. Strowman vs Brock is more interesting to me and I am sure a bunch of other people, again especially with Strowman's momentum and fan support. But you're right, it is very doubtful.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It is sad too because with Strowman's momentum, he's the better choice. I still feel the purpose of the Roman/Brock encounter is no longer needed. Roman has already held the belt three times, headlined three manias in a row, defeated the Undertaker at Wrestlemania... he doesn't need to beat Lesnar to be established as the top guy anymore. It seems more like WWE is just doing this to get a sense of completion on their original idea. Strowman vs Brock is more interesting to me and I am sure a bunch of other people, again especially with Strowman's momentum and fan support. But you're right, it is very doubtful.
Agreed. It’s like they’re retrying the mistake they made at mania 31 (even though they saved it with Rollins). They want to prove, even though they already have a dozen times, that Roman is the top dog. The issue is that they’re so focused on Roman over and over again, that they’re missing other opportunities with talent that could be just as big: Strowman, Rollins, Miz, Dean, Joe, Balor, Bray, etc. I’m sorry but Roman is no where near as big as Austin, rock, Hogan, Cena, Punk, or, id even argue, DB. Sure, Roman sells some tickets and should be a main eventer if you ask me, but he’s no where near the overness as the above talent I mentioned. It’s dumb.

Now, this doesn’t mean that WWE can’t push multiple talents at the same time and make several guys top dogs, but Mania takes a star to the next level and is the pinnacle of the mountain, and it always seems to be overshadowed by Roman. And for what? There’s literally 0 reason as to why he needs to main event every fucking mania. He can co main event now and then. Why not? It’s like Vince owes this somoan family something, because the way Roman is pushed is the most absurd thing I’ve seen in WWE history. Its forced, ugly, and smacks everyone in the face over and over again.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Agreed. It’s like they’re retrying the mistake they made at mania 31 (even though they saved it with Rollins). They want to prove, even though they already have a dozen times, that Roman is the top dog. The issue is that they’re so focused on Roman over and over again, that they’re missing other opportunities with talent that could be just as big: Strowman, Rollins, Miz, Dean, Joe, Balor, Bray, etc. I’m sorry but Roman is no where near as big as Austin, rock, Hogan, Cena, Punk, or, id even argue, DB. Sure, Roman sells some tickets and should be a main eventer if you ask me, but he’s no where near the overness as the above talent I mentioned. It’s dumb.

Now, this doesn’t mean that WWE can’t push multiple talents at the same time and make several guys top dogs, but Mania takes a star to the next level and is the pinnacle of the mountain, and it always seems to be overshadowed by Roman. And for what? There’s literally 0 reason as to why he needs to main event every fucking mania. He can co main event now and then. Why not? It’s like Vince owes this somoan family something, because the way Roman is pushed is the most absurd thing I’ve seen in WWE history. Its forced, ugly, and smacks everyone in the face over and over again.

Recently, Vince told the ring announcers to no longer say "This match is scheduled for one fall" because he hated how the crowd would yell "One Fall!" after that. I found that decision baffling. Why would you get rid of something that so engaged the audience? Simply because he didn't like it and felt it was too "Indie."

The Roman thing is happening for the same reason. Vince has even said this, that as a third generation promoter, that his instincts are better than everyone's. For Vince to go back on the Roman thing, it would be him admitting he was wrong (and sorry Roman fans, but he IS wrong. Roman is one of THE top guys, but he cannot carry the business on his own). If he had competition, he might feel more forced to try a different avenue. But there isn't strong enough competition to do that, so he can afford it.

It's all a matter of Vince asserting that he knows best and that he is right.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Recently, Vince told the ring announcers to no longer say "This match is scheduled for one fall" because he hated how the crowd would yell "One Fall!" after that. I found that decision baffling. Why would you get rid of something that so engaged the audience? Simply because he didn't like it and felt it was too "Indie."

The Roman thing is happening for the same reason. Vince has even said this, that as a third generation promoter, that his instincts are better than everyone's. For Vince to go back on the Roman thing, it would be him admitting he was wrong (and sorry Roman fans, but he IS wrong. Roman is one of THE top guys, but he cannot carry the business on his own). If he had competition, he might feel more forced to try a different avenue. But there isn't strong enough competition to do that, so he can afford it.

It's all a matter of Vince asserting that he knows best and that he is right.
I do agree and see your point, but Vince is all about making money, and if others could make more than Roman or at least as much, then why wouldn’t he try pushing them just as hard? I know he’s egotistical, but Vince also knows he’s going to make money in spite of himself.... idk, Vince is just a weird fuck.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I do agree and see your point, but Vince is all about making money, and if others could make more than Roman or at least as much, then why wouldn’t he try pushing them just as hard? I know he’s egotistical, but Vince also knows he’s going to make money in spite of himself.... idk, Vince is just a weird fuck.

Well that's the interesting thing, due to the rise in the stock market and Network subscriptions, WWE revenue has been at an all time high. So money isn't an issue at the moment and he can afford it.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Well that's the interesting thing, due to the rise in the stock market and Network subscriptions, WWE revenue has been at an all time high. So money isn't an issue at the moment and he can afford it.
True, but you think you’d just try both ways, roman and not Roman. But Vince is Vince and I guess this is him just letting his ego show through in something no matter what. And, he prob looks at it like “well, I’m making more money than ever, so Roman is working, and I was right.”

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
True, but you think you’d just try both ways, roman and not Roman. But Vince is Vince and I guess this is him just letting his ego show through in something no matter what. And, he prob looks at it like “well, I’m making more money than ever, so Roman is working, and I was right.”

I sort of think the brand extension was his way of trying it both ways, myself. That way he can have the champ he wants and another champ for those who disagree. But also Roman hasn't been the champ since the record quarters have taken place so it will be interesting to see if they take a dip or stay consistent after Mania.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I sort of think the brand extension was his way of trying it both ways, myself. That way he can have the champ he wants and another champ for those who disagree. But also Roman hasn't been the champ since the record quarters have taken place so it will be interesting to see if they take a dip or stay consistent after Mania.
Oh so Vince made all this money the past year? I thought it was over the last 3 years or so.

I thought the brand extension wasn’t really his idea?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Oh so Vince made all this money the past year? I thought it was over the last 3 years or so.

I thought the brand extension wasn’t really his idea?

No idea whose idea it was. But all of those record revenue quarters were over the past year, yup.