Roll Call

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam.Freeman

Reaction score
i think everything is sorted now, my main focus is getting the scheduled shows up on time and getting the IWF back where it should be. unless there is some server problem which is out of everyones hands then were good.

-TJ-

I will also stay for as long as I hold the tag titles, as of now though. Things could change though.

biggs

Reaction score
I'll level with you guys and let you know that I have very little experience with helping to run a fed. My main strength is in match writing, and on my end, you can always count on me getting matches done on time.
And to be fair the last delay was because of some massive changes in the staff that came at the last minute. It may take us a little bit to get back on track, but if we all work together, we can make it through and come out stronger than before.

MizMasta3000

It helps if you all continue to RP and let us know you are commited. The life of this fed mostly has to do with the RPers. If guys no show, staff loses motivation and people lose interest.

kingaviles

Reaction score
It helps if you all continue to RP and let us know you are commited. The life of this fed mostly has to do with the RPers. If guys no show, staff loses motivation and people lose interest.

The RPers were all committed until 1, 2, 6 shows were late. It's almost like, 'why even waste my time', the show's not gonna be up on time anyway. For a while, the RPers were more committed than the staff, so I don't really see where you're going with this... The RPers lost interest because it seemed the staff wasn't interested to begin with.

Also, IMO, I think an e-fed that is run successfully has staff members that DO NOT HAVE MAIN EVENT CALIBER WRESTLERS. How can you book yourself in those high ranked matches, and then have to RP like crazy to win and then write all the matches on top of that? If you wanna run the show, then run the show. But it's going to be more complicated if you wanna be the champion and run the show at the same time.

MizMasta3000

That's a good point and a problem that you will run into in most efeds. If the staff aren't GMs, they are champions/main eventers. Obviously if you prove RP wise that you deserve a shot at the title, then everyone should get that fair chance. A lot of guys leave feds because they feel they need to bust out an 11 K word RP just to get any where in the fed. From now on, we are QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

The RPers were all committed until 1, 2, 6 shows were late. It's almost like, 'why even waste my time', the show's not gonna be up on time anyway. For a while, the RPers were more committed than the staff, so I don't really see where you're going with this... The RPers lost interest because it seemed the staff wasn't interested to begin with.

I wasn't calling anyone out specifically just saying in general. I just want you to realize that obviously, things are going to be a little rocky under new management but I don't want any of you to lose interest and stop RPing. The more commited guys we have the easier its going to be to get everything on track.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I agree with aviles because in most cases of Efeds slowing down and becoming less active it has more to do with the staff than the roleplayers. In order to generate interest in a fed you need to have massive consistency in your shows and that wasn't the case for a while here. It got off to a white hot start but faded fairly quickly.

I do disagreee, kind of, with aviles on the other point. Usually the reason most of the staff are on high spots on the card is because they have earned it and are good enough to hold the spot. I think this should stop if and only if the quality in roleplay or show writing goes down in the slightest.

HurricaneJeff

Reaction score
I know I'm not part of IWF, but I like to share my wisdom of efedding when ever I can.

When doing a fed, Its important that the GM or boss or whatever DOES NOT compete for a title unless theres gonna lose the match. Its ok for owners or GM's to compete, but its best to have feuds not involving a title or main event. Why? Because when GM's or owners start winning matches or titles, then the losers are gonna complain. I don't care how good of an RPer you are, because who's judging the Staff RP's, other staff? Staff will stick together when it really comes down to it. And I think because if Staff is happy by winning, Staff will stick around. I book myself only for PPV matches, I'm 99% of the time I'm putting my opponent over and the feud has nothing to do with a title. For example, at the end of the month I'm fighting Biggs and his partner Chris Cyrus where in a storyline, I was kidnapped by another fed and during my absence, Biggs and Cyrus took over as GM (In Character) and since my return, we been fighting over power of our show and now we're having a match at our PPV to decide everything. A great base for a feud, yet, no titles are involved and we're not main eventing the show.

Also, when doing a fed, you need to offer something to everyone that going to want people to stay. Everyday there are hundreds of feds that closes and hundreds that start back up and there's thousands of feds out there. So you gonna think, put your ego to the side and say to yourself "What makes my fed better than another fed"

For example, with my fed, APW, we pride ourselves with our results. Our results are always consistant, usually posted within 24 hours of our deadline and I like to think we got some very good storylines going.

Also, I like to add video's in my shows when ever I can, I mainly do like an intro video for PPV's, and I think our PPV Posters are awesome. So I think its the little things like that, that makes my fed better than others.

But overall, Consistancy is key. Results needs to be posted one time EVERY WEEK, One way or another, because why wait for late results when there's tons of feds out there posting their results on time.

Anyways, thats just some of my oppinions, not saying everything I say is the way to go, but just the way I see things. Food for thought :)

Qwake

I RP'ed for every single show on time, I wait the few days for the show to be up only for it to either take a few extra days which I can understand, but sometimes the show would just be posted the following Monday to keep on schedule which was annoying but I thought it wouldn't be so bad cause we would have a headstart for the next show, then next show comes around and even though you've had extra time to prepare that was delayed, it all builds up and is really annoying and makes you wonder why you RP'ed in the first place. Our first PPV was so late I stopped following and it took my a while before I realised it was up. The RP'ers have been consistent, it started out that way anyway, it was getting the shows up that wasn't consistent. If you need more help on staff you could have asked numerous members who offered, I, as well as many others raised our hands to help out.

biggs

Reaction score
To be fair, MizMasta and myself have only recently joined the staff, and are still getting the hang of things. Losing JMay and -TJ- in one fell swoop didn't help matters at all. Considering the relative newness of the staff, it may take us a couple of shows to get back up to snuff.

I know for my part, I always had my matches in on time and strive to do the same now. Not to badmouth old leaders, but communication was a huge issue in my experience. I can think of a couple examples of where I'd ask the day before a show what matches still needed to be written, and didn't get a response until a couple hours before the show was supposed to be posted. This is an issue that I feel has been resolved. I feel like Adam, MizMasta and myself have established a strong base of communication amongst ourselves, and hopefully that will result in a more smoothly run fed

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we've hit a rough patch, established a brand new staff, save for Freeman, and hope that you guys will give us a chance and help to right this ship. I know that I am more than open for help when offered, so if anybody would still like to help, just let us know. Thanks.

Adam.Freeman

Reaction score
im very confident that the shows from this point will be on time or at least on the same day when the show is supposed to be posted. I know for a fact that the current staff, well the 3 of us have all been communicating in the staff room alot more than we had been previosuly with the old staff, the changed last week really put us in a tough spot and me and biggs worked our asses off to do the extra matches and get the show up. I'm the most experienced goy on the staff and i dont have that much experience and im running this thing, im learning every week but i know that the shows need to be consistent to keep interest. im very confident that we can get back to where we was with weekly shows.

so get your roleplays in and we can proove to you guys that everything will be back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.