Roleplay Board

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marvel26

Reaction score
I dont know why but I am not warming to this idea. I have seen it done in other feds and I think it can be seen as a put off. If someone new comes into the form and wants to do an introductory RP but sees the RP board is just filled with matches, they wont really know what to do.

You also may find that it may reduce the amount of RPs sent in... Some people like to play the waiting game when it comes to RPing, waiting for their opponent to RP before they write thiers. If they can clearly see that their opponent has not RPd and they may not see the point in doing one themselves.

kingaviles

Reaction score
^^exactly. It's easier for everyone, especially the writers, to keep track of RP's. Post in your match's thread, and that RP will count towards the match. Introductory RP's can still be done, obviously, but when it comes down to RP'ing for the match, it's so much easier to read all the RP's in one thread rather than having to search all around the board for every single RP.

Would you rather make it easier for the staff to keep track of all your RP's, or would you rather have them search for all of them and possibly miss one, causing you to lose a match. I don't see why some people don't like this idea. This is how it was done when I was in the previous IWF.

Marvel26

Reaction score
Well you cant expect everyone to fall in love with every idea you have...

Sure it does make it easier for the writers to see every RP... but I can still have an opinion on it.

Adam.Freeman

Reaction score
well lets go with it for a few weeks and see if it works, im pretty sure it will aslong as theres a thread for people who dont have matches to RP in.

Qwake

I've got an idea.

In the main RP Section, that can be where the staff make the threads for the matches each week, but maybe someone could make a sub-section in the RP Area, the sub-section could be where all the new guys post their introductions and whatnot but also where others can post/make threads for character development, everybody without a match for the week could post their.

That way you still have the main section with all the match threads so its easier for the staff to see RPs and things but you also have a sub-section to keep the others happy with the same RP format as there is now.

Just throwing ideas out there to make sure all members are happy, personally I think it could work, but it wouldn't be bad without it, the new system sounds great imo.

Adam.Freeman

Reaction score
as you can see the RP section of the forum has been tweaked. I'm sure most of you know what to do, find your match/dark match thread, simply post your RP in there. All RP's in the match threads will count towards the result of your match. For newcomers and any other roleplayer wanting to brush up on their RP skills or RP for character development there is a character development thread, newcomers should post there introduction RP here. They'll be a new one everyweek so you don't have to spend hours finding past RP's, simply just remember the episode number.

biggs

Reaction score
As somebody who's been e-fedding for a long time, I feel that this is a very good way to organize matches and what not. On other boards, I've seen it where they just throw a show up for two weeks and have everyone go gung-ho in one thread, which usually just ends up being a cluttered mess. While I do agree that some may have a tendency to wait for their opponent to post an RP before they do, the fact is since there's no RP limit and that the best single RP wins, that offsets any real reason to delay posting your RP.
All in all, this is one of the most well laid out feds I've seen.