Roleplay Board

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Valentino

Reaction score
Im just throwing this out there, but instead of having 15 different threads on one topic (like a match), just reply to the first post. I think its easier to follow that way.

Qwake

Either that or each week once the matches are announced the staff could make threads for each match and the guys involved could just reply to the made thread with their RPs.

Although there's nothing too bad about how its currently done, the above idea would just mean less threads which isn't a big problem or anything.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I think this rule should only apply to the big matches like the 10 man battle royal this week which I believe is the only reason this thread was made. Normal singles matches or tag team matches shouldn't be just limited to one thread.

As long as there aren't huge battle royals every week I don't see why this is a problem.

Adam.Freeman

Reaction score
this is something mr engiman has suggested in the staff room, i think its a fantastic idea.

#1A - Match Threads (Dark & Regular Matches)
The concept is far from new and someone on this site actually suggested it before I could do so myself but when I saw it, I was like, "YES!!!"

*1: It works marvelously when maintained by the admins and is a much faster way to view who does and does not Rp for matches (in my opinion).

*2: It also keeps the Rp section more organized especially if you want to say go back in history to see who you faced and how they Rp'ed against you and so on.

*3: It can and in my opinion should be done for both regular and dark matches and unless it is say a multi-man match or battle royal type of thing, then the title can just say that rather than all participants names.

#1B - Numbering our Mayhem Shows
*4: We can included in this idea, also start titling each thread as such...See the example below...
Mayhem #1, #2, #3...Etc. (The number represents which Episode of Mayhem it is)

A: This allows us to keep up with which Mayhem we are on (adding that flavor for history sake) and just something else to add to the significance of what we are now starting again, and hopefully for a long time to come and again importance to our longevity this time around.

B: Each Match thread would also in
1. Mayhem #3 Triple Threat ___ vs. ___ vs. ___
2. Mayhem #3 Regular Match ___ vs. ___
3. Mayhem #3 Main Event ___ vs. ___
4. Mayhem #3 Dark Match ___ vs. ___

and to add to this, I personally am going to give feedback via PM to the posters who are in the matches I write, I think this hopefully will help people produce better roleplays which can only be a good thing for our E-Fed. Feedback I give will be pmed after the show is posted.

Those are just a few of the examples of how that would look and how to differentiate between the regular show matches and dark matches. If you want to do short, you can just say Mayhem #3 DM (Dark Match) etc. Each thread would also be closed/locked by an admin once each show/Rp period is past and done.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
AF, on the feedback via PM, I agree that would be a great idea as well. On a personal note, that is what helped me sometimes back here in the IWF improve on my angles and everything as well. Basically it made me better. I am sure it will do wonders for someone else as well.

Adam.Freeman

Reaction score
i hope it will help people, especially newcomers. would take too much time to do it with everyone but im sure many people will recieve feedback at some point out

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I see what you guys are trying to do and it is easier to handle for the staff but I feel it takes away from an originality standpoint of the roleplayers. I've done an efed like this and it took away alot of the guys creativity in their roleplays.

It's your decision, of course, but that's just my opinion.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
I see what you guys are trying to do and it is easier to handle for the staff but I feel it takes away from an originality standpoint of the roleplayers. I've done an efed like this and it took away alot of the guys creativity in their roleplays.

It's your decision, of course, but that's just my opinion.

Actually I too have seen this is other feds and it worked well. As far as taking away from creativity, no it doesn't actually. The reason I say this is that it actually helps Rp development and and creativity stand out more. Rather than just a bunch of Rps getting caught up in the fray of Rps now, you know exactly who is in what matches, what Rps to look for, and who does not Rp faster.

But that is my opinion. I just don't see how it takes away from creativity though by actually making things more simplified.

Qwake

I am really liking all the new ideas and they should work well. One thing though, you have all of the threads for what matches but what if somebody is not scheduled for a match? What if someone is sheduled to appear for some sort of angle, they won't have a thread to post in, is that where they can make their own thread for their RP? Also, what if somebody doesn't have a match or anything at all but still want to write an RP, can they also just make thread? Of course the staff wouldn't have to pay much attention to those since they aren't actually in any matches.

Anyways, good stuff guys.

Adam.Freeman

Reaction score
what we'll is we will start the match threads for next week, and have a thread for other RPs including people not on the show or if its for an angle, you can rp in the other thread if you want but rps in the match thread will be the only ones that count in temrs of the result of your match. does that seem fair, you guys can have a say.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Make new threads for each one. It's easier that way.

Also, what if you made a thread for everyone to give everybody they want to give feedback. Just an idea.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
I am really liking all the new ideas and they should work well. One thing though, you have all of the threads for what matches but what if somebody is not scheduled for a match? What if someone is sheduled to appear for some sort of angle, they won't have a thread to post in, is that where they can make their own thread for their RP? Also, what if somebody doesn't have a match or anything at all but still want to write an RP, can they also just make thread? Of course the staff wouldn't have to pay much attention to those since they aren't actually in any matches.

Anyways, good stuff guys.

Great point, but if it is an angle you are concerned about, if all goes according to plan, you should have a match of some sort each week. If not by chance, and even if so, you can still mention the person in direct conflict with in an Rp as well as your opponent. If not though, still, there should not be an issue Rp'ing a single thread for that or in another designated thread for "Promos to Promote Character Development" for Mayhem episode whatever.

Nice point and I think my suggestion above along with AF unless what he said is about the same, that should work that out. Also, staff does have matches as far as I know lol.