ROH's big announcement: ROH signs PPV deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
ROH announced today that they will debut on pay-per-view starting with Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 on Sunday, June 22 at the Nashville Fairgrounds in Nashville, TN. The event was originally scheduled to take place the night before, and fans who purchased tickets for Saturday can use it for Sunday. If they are unable to attend, fans can receive a refund by emailing help@rohwrestling.com or by mailing their tickets to Ring of Honor Wrestling, 2000 West 41st St., Baltimore, MD 21211.
It will be the first time that an ROH event will be available on all major cable and satellite providers. The show will be available in HD and will be rated TV-14. The suggested retail price is $24.95 (SD).

"We are thrilled to announce that ROH is now available live on Pay-Per-View via cable and satellite," said ROH COO Joe Koff. "Fans hungry for the best wrestling in the world will now have access to their favorite brand of wrestling from the comfort of their couch in stunning high definition, which is something our customers have been demanding for some time. We're happy to deliver on that starting this June with Best in the World."

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0417/574265/roh-makes-big-announcement/#tVacoF8QsvPL82VH.99

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
:yay: I was excited to get that email this morning. Hope their live debut goes smoothly. Tickets should be pretty cheap, too. Yo, @Snowman , you and @Testify should go!

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Awesome news, this is the actual step in ROH growing and POTENTIALLY becoming a treat to TNA. I'm glad to hear this news. iPPV is crap, PPV is PPV.

:yay: I was excited to get that email this morning. Hope their live debut goes smoothly. Tickets should be pretty cheap, too. Yo, @Snowman , you and @Testify should go!

Maybe.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Damn. Just saw this before having to do something, was hoping to get in before Testify and say "Hey GN, when Testicles sees this he's gonna lose his mind and go cray cray and start flipping tables... then flip the table back over to put you through it... but don't worry, they'll just cut to commercial and you'll mysteriously be saved backstage :dawg:". But damn, now Testify's here and I can't do that. :mad1:

As for going or not: Why can't you? You're about as close to Nashville as I am. :eek:tunga: I'm not sure how transportation would work, if things work out okay I'll happily check this show out. Don't know why I don't watch more ROH, tend to enjoy it whenever I do

Stopspot

Reaction score
Damn. Just saw this before having to do something, was hoping to get in before Testify and say "Hey GN, when Testicles sees this he's gonna lose his mind and go cray cray and start flipping tables... then flip the table back over to put you through it... but don't worry, they'll just cut to commercial and you'll mysteriously be saved backstage :dawg:". But damn, now Testify's here and I can't do that. :mad1:

As for going or not: Why can't you? You're about as close to Nashville as I am. :eek:tunga: I'm not sure how transportation would work, if things work out okay I'll happily check this show out. Don't know why I don't watch more ROH, tend to enjoy it whenever I do
You should give current ROH a watch. 2014 product has been very enjoyable. They've stepped it up a bit.

As for IPPV: New Japan has helped them negotiate a deal with UStream apparently so it looks like they might offer both regular ppv and ippv.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
You should give current ROH a watch. 2014 product has been very enjoyable. They've stepped it up a bit.

As for IPPV: New Japan has helped them negotiate a deal with UStream apparently so it looks like they might offer both regular ppv and ippv.

Really? They stepped up? Haha, just from watching the PPV's I thought 2013 wasn't a bad year for ROH at all (although a lot of that was just reveling in the simplicity of watching dudes who love to fight fight each other) And now it's even better? Sweet!

If you say so, I'll check out the TV. Probably on Wednesdays.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Really? They stepped up? Haha, just from watching the PPV's I thought 2013 wasn't a bad year for ROH at all (although a lot of that was just reveling in the simplicity of watching dudes who love to fight fight each other) And now it's even better? Sweet!

If you say so, I'll check out the TV. Probably on Wednesdays.
Hoss has their latest big event (supercard of honor 8) up on watchwrestling. Good start of point since it ended a lot of feuds and started up new ones.

Reactions: Snowman1

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Yeah, ROH has been pretty fun indeed, it's a nice watch. I'm happy to learn they signed a PPV deal!

This. :yay:

As for going or not: Why can't you? You're about as close to Nashville as I am. :eek:tunga: I'm not sure how transportation would work, if things work out okay I'll happily check this show out.

:hmm: Isn't there a bus from you to there? And really? It's that far away? Crap. :lol1: Worth a shot if you can make it! If not, shall be enjoyable to catch on TV / online either way I'm sure. :)