ROH Supercard of Honor VII iPPV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Everyone signed on to appear on the show is already booked for a match, so it's hard to say what will happen with Benjamin. I say there'll be a lot of wrestlers floating around NYC during WrestleMania weekend, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to pick someone up last minute.

Maybe they pick up on of the guys that was screwed over by Extreme Rising? Almost all other indy wrestlers would already be booked, maybe WWE will do them a favour and allow one of the undercard guys that doesn't have a match at WM to appear.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I sure hope ROH doesn't go after the Extreme Rising roster, it's awful. I did a review of one of their shows if you want to know what they put out.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
If the Haas thing does turn out to be a work this may take on the form of an angle, where Benjamin comes out first, and demands Hass come out, but when he does he is too drunk to compete, leading to a slow build for a new Haas character.

Anyhow think I will order this overall its a strong enough lineup to take a punt on.

Normally I'd be a bit hesitant to call something out as being completely real, but when you hear that he was crying in the centre of the ring I think it'd be safe to say that it is.

Would be pretty interesting if it did turn out to be a work, mind.

Maybe they pick up on of the guys that was screwed over by Extreme Rising? Almost all other indy wrestlers would already be booked, maybe WWE will do them a favour and allow one of the undercard guys that doesn't have a match at WM to appear.

I wouldn't be interested in seeing any guys come over from Extreme Rising, but yeah, I'd say one of them would be very easy to snap up for a night. Can't the same for WWE though, even though it would be cool to see.

If they do end up finding a replacement I'd really like to see them use someone well known in the indie scene. Getting someone like Ricochet, Willie Mack, or even Colt Cabana would be pretty exciting.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Anyone else ordering the show tonight? I think the card looks pretty good, particularly looking forward to DRagon/Wolves and Anderson/Strong.

I'm not entirely sure about the main event though. It should be a fun brawl, but it just doesn't seem big enough for a show like this. I guess with Adam Cole being the only big wrestler left on the roster not to face Steen, they had to decide whether to put that match on here or at Border Wars.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I din't get it, their issues with the stream ever since they took it inhouse makes me wary of ordering it and tonight it reportedly played up again. This time it cut out during the mainevent so people missed seeing Jay Briscoe win the title. I am shocked that they went through with it but I guess someone had to stop SCUM in the end. I like that they used Mike Bennett as a replacement for Haas, reading post match it sounds like Shelton is done with ROH for the near future at least as well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
OH SHIT JAY BRISCOE WON THE TITLE. My life is officially complete.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Just saw a tweet from Kevin Steen;

The greatest moment of my career was losing the ROH World title to Jay Briscoe. Nobody deserves it more. As for me...#OnToTheNextChapter

Face turn for Steen now?

With Jay as champion I don't see it lasting too long though as outside of the hardcore fans I don't know how marketable he will be and how much of a draw he will be.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I'm absolutely disgusted. The stream was fine all night and then it goes out during the main bout of all matches. By the time the stream came back on Jay Briscoe was already celebrating in the ring. I'm really happy for him of course, but it's a classic moment that feels a bit tarnished for me, and I'm sure a lot of other people as well.

I doubt ROH will be handing out any consolations this time around. The stream was perfect for a lot of the show, so I wouldn't be surprised if they feel that it was still a decent nights work overall, especially with the full replay up so quickly.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Jay Briscoe has worked his ass off for ROH so I'm not too upset he dethroned Kevin Steen. The stream goin' down should be a work and since nobody online saw it, Steen should act like he's still the champion.

I am pissed off though that the Charlie Haas thing ended up not being a work. He can fuck off for all I care now.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm guessing in a few month Mark becomes jealous which leads to a heel turn and the return of papa briscoe?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm guessing in a few month Mark becomes jealous which leads to a heel turn and the return of papa briscoe?

I see Jay being the heel way easier than Mark. Jay lets the title go to his head, starts treating Mark like shit and the crowd ends up cheering Mark when he attacks his brother and then we get a title match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I see Jay being the heel way easier than Mark. Jay lets the title go to his head, starts treating Mark like shit and the crowd ends up cheering Mark when he attacks his brother and then we get a title match.

I kinda like that way better plus it's hard to hate Mark, he's so AWESOME!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, that's what I was getting at, it'd be way harder to make Mark the heel out of the two. Another idea could be Mark becoming number one contender, both of the brothers still being face, then Jay turns on him. Something along those lines.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
At the TV Tapings yesterday, SCUM turned on Steen and kicked him out. So Corino's seemingly going to be the leader going forward. I hope for ROH's future that Steen's tweet after losing the title doesn't mean he's gone again.