ROH Supercard of Honor VII iPPV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
SCOHVII-Poster_small.jpg

Supercard of Honor VII
5th April 2013 Hammerstein Ballroom

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Kevin Steen defends against Jay Briscoe

ROH World Tag Team Championship

reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) vs the American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards)

#1 Contenders Match
Jay Lethal vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
3 Way ROH World TV Championship
Matt Taven w/ Truth Martini vs Adam Cole vs "Self Proclaimed Icon" Matt Hardy

Special Challenge Match
"Machine Gun" Karl Anderson vs Roderick Strong

WGTT Explodes
"The Outlaw" Charlie Haas vs Shelton Benjamin
HONOR vs SCUM - 10 MAN WAR!
TEAM ROH (BJ Whitmer, Makr Briscoe, Mike Mondo, Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander) vs TEAM S.C.U.M. (Jimmy Jacobs, Cliff Compton, Rhett Titus, Jimmy Rave & Rhino)

Tag Team Challenge Match
ACH & Tadarius Thomas vs "God's Gift" Qt Marshall & A Mystery Partner

I have taken this card from the ROH website, some other matches have been announced but I am not sure if those episodes have aired yet and I wanted to keep this spoiler free. Very interesting that Jay Briscoe gets a chance as a singles wrestler. I think that it will be Steen defending the title against Jay rather than Mark. Will be a good opportunity for him but I doubt they pull the trigger.

This has been confirmed as a sellout in the Hammerstein Ballroom which is a great result as that is over 2000 people.

Note: Staff will update this card once more matches are confirmed officially on the ROH website.​

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just the chance of Mark Briscoe being World Champion and defending against Jay. :mark:

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If it was to happen it would be something that I never thought that I would see. I can't see it happening though, I think that Steen as champion is going to continue for quite some time until they can build up someone big enough to take him down.

Reaction score
With spoliers,match card really looks good. I hope ACH or TD get a TV Title shot. Also ME,i wanted 3 way match. Mark vs Jay vs Steen,that'll better than other 2 opinions i think.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Updated the card, four more matches have been added to it.

Is this Karl Anderson's ROH debut? I know him as the former tag team partner of Giant Bernard in NJPW, didn't realise that he had come back to the US. Be interesting to see how he goes against Strong. Haas vs Benjamin will be good. A bit odd that Shelton is back for another match after he requested his release. He had that tag team title shot with Haas against the Briscoes where Haas turned on him so I guess they need to close that out. Tag team match should be good as well.

Reaction score
Updated the card, four more matches have been added to it.

Is this Karl Anderson's ROH debut? I know him as the former tag team partner of Giant Bernard in NJPW, didn't realise that he had come back to the US. Be interesting to see how he goes against Strong. Haas vs Benjamin will be good. A bit odd that Shelton is back for another match after he requested his release. He had that tag team title shot with Haas against the Briscoes where Haas turned on him so I guess they need to close that out. Tag team match should be good as well.

Nope,he was on the Survival of Fittest at 2006 or 2007 i remember. Also other matches are looking pretty.I hope Elgin got another title shot. He's the real monster - and he will be new Samoa Joe - . I just don't like Lethal.

I hope ACH got another opportunity. Maybe another multi man match ?

Also with last update on facebook,Karl Anderson will wrestle Michael Elgin at 6th April on TV tapings. AWESOME!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm a huge Strong fan but there seems nothing left for him to do in ROH. He still puts on awesome efforts night in and night, it's just not the same when there is no point. He just doesn't seem have anymore room to do anything. Still lookin' forward to that match with Karl, though.

I also don't think having the Briscoes be split up for the Main Event one of the biggest cards of the year is one of their better ideas. It's like the Steen train won't even stop, it's just another match where he can destroy someone and look cool.

The matches I do like on the card are the tag team title match which seems pretty fresh and Benjamin/Haas even if they didn't click well against each other in the few times I saw them in a WWE ring against each other. Hopefully the case is completely different here.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm a huge Strong fan but there seems nothing left for him to do in ROH. He still puts on awesome efforts night in and night, it's just not the same when there is no point. He just doesn't seem have anymore room to do anything. Still lookin' forward to that match with Karl, though.

I also don't think having the Briscoes be split up for the Main Event one of the biggest cards of the year is one of their better ideas. It's like the Steen train won't even stop, it's just another match where he can destroy someone and look cool.

The matches I do like on the card are the tag team title match which seems pretty fresh and Benjamin/Haas even if they didn't click well against each other in the few times I saw them in a WWE ring against each other. Hopefully the case is completely different here.

To be honest, I completely agree with this point but not just with Roddy, whom I am a big fan of, but with everyone. They are creating new feuds but it's the same old guys doing the same old things. When ROH was at it's peak they were continually developing new talent. That isn't really happening now.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Strong VS. Anderson and Benjamin VS. Haas are the two matches which interest me the most. Yes ROH has gotten very stale. Might still give this a go as its been awhile.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Edwards turning on Davey and joining Roddy for a 4 year tag run would be nice.

Reaction score
According the March 20th Newswire ;

TD Thomas&ACH vs QT Marshall&Mystery Partner

Also they are planning huge SCUM vs ROH match. It's gonna be tag team bout. They will announce this bout next week.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Gotta agree with everyone about Roderick Strong. I do like him for the most part but there's simply nothing left for him to do. After his underwhelming title reign back in 2010 he hasn't done anything that exciting. His heel character is just plain bad, and his latest matches haven't been a touch on his work from in 05-06.

As for the match card, I think it looks like a promising show. The NYC crowd should also be good on the night and add a lot to the show as a whole.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Updated the card again. Not sure what is happening with Hass vs. Benjamin but for now it is still up on the ROH website.

TV title match has been added and so has a big 10 man ROH vs. SCUM match.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Everyone signed on to appear on the show is already booked for a match, so it's hard to say what will happen with Benjamin. I say there'll be a lot of wrestlers floating around NYC during WrestleMania weekend, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to pick someone up last minute.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Everyone signed on to appear on the show is already booked for a match, so it's hard to say what will happen with Benjamin. I say there'll be a lot of wrestlers floating around NYC during WrestleMania weekend, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to pick someone up last minute.

If the Haas thing does turn out to be a work this may take on the form of an angle, where Benjamin comes out first, and demands Hass come out, but when he does he is too drunk to compete, leading to a slow build for a new Haas character.

Anyhow think I will order this overall its a strong enough lineup to take a punt on.