Robin Williams to star in new US sitcom

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
BBC said:
Robin Williams is returning to TV screens for the first time since starring in the 1970s show Mork & Mindy with a new comedy, The Crazy Ones.
Williams, 62, who rose to fame as the alien Mork in the hit series, will play an eccentric advertising agency boss in the sitcom.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Sarah Michelle Gellar will play his daughter.

The show, from Ally McBeal creator David E Kelley, is due to air in the US in September.

Williams said he hopes audiences will be drawn to his character, Simon Roberts, and will enjoy watching how he relates to his daughter.

"You have to establish a character that people buy into," he said.

"I think people will buy into not just my character but the relationship with everybody else. He has good ideas and bad ones."

Williams, who was known for his improvisation skills in Mork & Mindy, will be given the freedom to ad lib and be spontaneous in The Crazy Ones.

"He says my words perfectly. Then he uses his," said Kelley.

"He manages inside the box, then we give him a few takes where he gets to take out of it."

Finally Williams heads back to television. I have watched Mork & Mindy and it is a quality show for it's time, so odd and zany and Williams played Mork so well. Strong cast with Gellar involved as well as his daughter. Concept seems okay and with these two involved I will have to check it out.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think I will watch this. Gellar is very underrated (and no that isn't just my Buffy bias). Not too hot on Williams except when he is playing nut jobs, still this sounds like a decent idea.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Williams has been very hit and miss with his movies, especially his work over the last decade. This over the top character should suit him perfectly though. Gellar I like, haven't really seen much comedy from her though, although in this series she is the straight one so it shouldn't matter as much.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Williams has been very hit and miss with his movies, especially his work over the last decade. This over the top character should suit him perfectly though. Gellar I like, haven't really seen much comedy from her though, although in this series she is the straight one so it shouldn't matter as much.

If you watch Buffy there is lots of good comic moments from her there and also in the likes of Scobby Doo, but then in Cruel Intentions she shows her worth as a straight actress.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If you watch Buffy there is lots of good comic moments from her there and also in the likes of Scobby Doo, but then in Cruel Intentions she shows her worth as a straight actress.

I never really watched Buffy so I didn't realise she had some comedic moments on there, thought it would all be very serious. I forgot that she was in Scooby Doo.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I never really watched Buffy so I didn't realise she had some comedic moments on there, thought it would all be very serious. I forgot that she was in Scooby Doo.

It has moments of comedy and drama. There are more funny characters than her, but I think she does sarcasm really well and relates to other characters in a funny way.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Being a huge Robin Williams fan, I am very much looking forward to this. I always find his stuff great!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Robin Williams is one of the greatest actors who just needs someone to reel him in when he gets too much creative freedom, hopefully Kelly finds the happy medium that gives Williams success. Daddy/Daughter show seems kind of Who's The Bossy to me.

Gellar can do comedy I guess, she was unintentionally hilarious in Southland Tales. Can't say much about Buffy, because I never watched it, assumed it was a girls show, so I never checked it out.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Sounds like a generic family sitcom exactly like what Tim Allen is staring in now except ad agency instead of sporting goods exec. Think this might have worked if it was an hour dramedy but as a sitcom it'll fall flat and cost too much money. Expect failure. Sad that Gellar never managed to make anything of her self after Buffy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sarah Michelle Gellar is a victim of being in one of those cult hit shows where fans can't distinguish between fiction and reality, is there anyone from that show that has gone on to do anything else besides the band geek chick from American Pie or the How I met Your Mother? I don't know her name.

Or Blame Freddie Prinze jr......somehow I feel like something is always his fault.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sounds like a generic family sitcom exactly like what Tim Allen is staring in now except ad agency instead of sporting goods exec. Think this might have worked if it was an hour dramedy but as a sitcom it'll fall flat and cost too much money. Expect failure. Sad that Gellar never managed to make anything of her self after Buffy.

Will be disappointed if it ends up being like that, hope it isn't as safe as Last Man Standing and is a bit smarter with it's comedy. Want to see a trailer now just to see what it is going to be like.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sarah Michelle Gellar is a victim of being in one of those cult hit shows where fans can't distinguish between fiction and reality, is there anyone from that show that has gone on to do anything else besides the band geek chick from American Pie or the How I met Your Mother? I don't know her name.

Or Blame Freddie Prinze jr......somehow I feel like something is always his fault.

I kind of agree, but Anthony Michael Head has done pretty well for himself across various TV and film parts.

Its a shame cause there are some talented people off it James Masters for example.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't know who anyone you just named were, I remember Buffy having a hotter younger sister and another vampire hunter Eliza Dushku and she was smoking.

Like I said, I never really watched Buffy outside of commercials for it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Eliza Dushku but she's queen of cult cancellations.

Michelle whateverberg was the younger sister she was doing pretty well for awhile.

The dude from Bones is probably the most successful of the lot.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh yeah! David Boreanz was the gay vampire boyfriend. I just remember his name from Jericho's book because the guy from Bones gave him his phone number than big leagued him.

I've seen Bones......like CSI if Grissom was banging the red haired chick.