RIP Jay Briscoe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
This absolutely touched my heart when it came out. I think a lot of celebrities apologize for things simply to save their careers. This seemed hoenst and sincere and although I had always been a fan of the Briscoes as wrestlers, this made me love them as people.

RIP Jay

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Really wish people would let that shit go, because I hate how Jay's legacy will be forever tied, I know his wreslting ability and all will be as well, to that regardless of the fact he, and even his brother, have move don and became better people.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Really wish people would let that shit go, because I hate how Jay's legacy will be forever tied, I know his wreslting ability and all will be as well, to that regardless of the fact he, and even his brother, have move don and became better people.
really sucked for Mark too he never even did anything

Reactions: Alexa

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
yup, Warner Discovery is absolute trash. Can't even honor a man's death over a tweet. fucking pathetic
I don’t want to derail a thread over cancel culture, but this is why this shit really gets to me. People drag people’s past to find stuff to be upset about and don’t expect a person to be able to change and grow? People often say they want apologies, but when they get them, it’s still not good enough? Fuck this noise.

Y’all can’t let go of this nonsense when a man was tragically killed in a car accident and taken from his family, friends, coworkers and fans that mourn him?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So Jay Briscoe can't get a tribute because some losers would always come out of the woodwork too torpedo his career anytime when it looked like advancement was coming....but woman beater Dana White can have a show.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I think the issue is when folks do terrible things and never show any contrition for it or make any real effort to show change, that's when that shit needs to be brought up constantly.

Reactions: Rosie

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I think the issue is when folks do terrible things and never show any contrition for it or make any real effort to show change, that's when that shit needs to be brought up constantly.
Okay, here is my counter to that. To me, personally if a person constantly brings up how much they change or are truthful or whatever the falser it seems. Like if a former Neo-Nazi keeps bringing up how much of a non-racist, he is now it would make me think the opposite. And Jay did show it when he let Effy kiss him, and even took pics with Dark Shiek, so that should have been enough to prove he has changed. But, people are fucking dumb.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think the biggest thing that really irritates me is people don’t even understand general context of the time because when you pull up a tweet from 2010 people forget that shit was different back then. People said and did a lot more edgy non PC stuff and nobody batted an eye because nobody cared and everybody did it. At the very least accept their apology if they own up to what they said.

I’ve even seen people defending Warner by pulling up their old photos wearing the rebel flag and it’s like can you give me a break? That wasn’t what this was about and again ignoring context. That flag was fairly ingrained in southern culture for decades. You’ll see it in plenty of media from the past and on celebrities.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah I don't like the south flag argument either because they haven't used that imagery since it wasn't kosher to use that imagery anymore. they also seem(ed) like guys who were actually willing to listen and be educated on why things are hurtful. everything ive heard about both these guys is they didn't have a hateful bone in their body, just misguided by religion and ignorance for a time.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Okay, here is my counter to that. To me, personally if a person constantly brings up how much they change or are truthful or whatever the falser it seems. Like if a former Neo-Nazi keeps bringing up how much of a non-racist, he is now it would make me think the opposite. And Jay did show it when he let Effy kiss him, and even took pics with Dark Shiek, so that should have been enough to prove he has changed. But, people are fucking dumb.
I'm certainly not talking about Jay in this instance, but there's plenty of people out there who did horrible shit and for the most part got away with it, and I imagine a prime example is Logan Paul, who has never shown any contrition for what he did in Japan years ago, and the guy has continually done crappy things and got away with it because people more or less laughed at him over it but never took it seriously. Connor McGregor is another incredible example of a guy who faced practically no consequences for nearly trying to assault people on a bus years ago.

Those people need to have their shit shoved in their faces repeatedly.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
yeah I don't like the south flag argument either because they haven't used that imagery since it wasn't kosher to use that imagery anymore. they also seem(ed) like guys who were actually willing to listen and be educated on why things are hurtful. everything ive heard about both these guys is they didn't have a hateful bone in their body, just misguided by religion and ignorance for a time.
I think the outpouring support we’ve seen shows how many people they’ve touched. These were cool dudes always willing to listen and help.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I'm certainly not talking about Jay in this instance, but there's plenty of people out there who did horrible shit and for the most part got away with it, and I imagine a prime example is Logan Paul, who has never shown any contrition for what he did in Japan years ago, and the guy has continually done crappy things and got away with it because people more or less laughed at him over it but never took it seriously. Connor McGregor is another incredible example of a guy who faced practically no consequences for nearly trying to assault people on a bus years ago.