Ring of Honor General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Flamita be trying to kill Horus right now. Good match so far.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
That fucking DDT from Horus on the outside. God damn.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
First show thoughts: That was awesome! @Freshly Squeezed

I loved the opener especially. Rok-C might have got a new fan out of me, I can't believe how smooth of a wrestler she already is. I really enjoyed the women's tournmaent matches. The ground wrestling was incredible, and all the women had good chemistry. Matches flowed well with no dull moments.

The main event was really good as well. Flamita and Horus have good chemistry and seem to know each other very well. Nice pace, and both guys were trying to kill each other. I loved it. No DQ matches always get the buys from me. That fucking table spot, jeez. Flamita is a beast.

Overall rating: 8.5/10.

Really good introduction to Ring of Honor for me, and I'd definitely like to watch more current programming.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Welcome to the Honor Club ;)

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
RING OF HONOR INJURY UPDATES, TV LINEUP
By Mike Johnson on 2021-08-25 12:27:00
ROH TV this weekend for Sinclair Broadcast Group affiliates, NESN, CHARGE, Stadium will feature the following bouts:

*ROH Women's World Title Tournament Quarter-Final Matches:

*Allysin Kay vs. Trish Adora.

*Angelina Love vs. Max The Impaler.

For more, visit www.ROHWrestling.com.

ROH issued the following:

INJURY UPDATES ON JONATHAN GRESHAM, FLIP GORDON AND RUSH
ROH Pure Champion Jonathan Gresham, Flip Gordon and RUSH suffered injuries at Glory By Honor Night 2 in Philadelphia on Saturday.

Gresham suffered a fractured cheekbone and eye socket during the eight-man tag match between The Foundation and Violence Unlimited. He is expected to return at the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sept. 12 in Philadelphia to defend his title against Josh Woods.

Flip Gordon is experiencing memory loss after being on the receiving end of a Jay Driller on a chair by Mark Briscoe. A further update on his condition is expected soon.

RUSH suffered a knee injury during the tag match that pitted him and Dragon Lee against Bandido and Rey Horus. The exact nature of the injury is unknown and his recovery time is to be determined.

RUSH and fellow La Faccion Ingobernable members Lee and Kenny King are scheduled to challenge ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions Shane Taylor Promotions at Death Before Dishonor.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Fuck I thought that Flip thing looked bad but I was hoping it was some sort of work

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

I absoutely love this match. The atmosphere from the start is electric. It is geniunely insane how many dream matches that ROH had over the years leading up to these guys blowing up in other promotions and around the world. I feel like Kenny is the one that really stands out to me as the most improved from this match-up. Looks wise as well Kenny got much better later on, with the attire and persona which I feel elevated him to another level and got me to become a fan of him, plus his tremendous ring work. Bryan was already over as fuck by this point, and even now he can still go like an absolute animal in the ring. Bryan was just umatched in his peak at ROH, he could outwrestle anybody.

I think Bryan legit killed Kenny at the end with those elbows. :lol Great brutal finish.

Kenny and Seth both have great showings in this match with Bryan taking advantage at the perfect moments. It's a classic triple threat done well. Keeps up a good pace throughout with all guys getting good hits in. I'm just imagining how incredble of a match it would be these days with all guys fully established as top stars. I think even back then I would have been a fan of Seth and Bryan if I knew about ROH as their looks didn't change all that much when they got to WWE, they just got a more bulkier.

Kenny would have took me longer to come around on but the seeds are in this match for a very talented performer. Love the crowd and Bryan giving him props at the end of the match after a gruelling performance. As soon as he got his character and persona nailed down, he was set for a very promising future. It's just lovely to see that all these guys found their place in wrestling and have reached the top of their chosen promotions. Knowing Bryan and Kenny have a chance to meet again in AEW is getting me very excited, certainly a lot left to see from all these guys.

One thing I do love about a lot of Bryan's older matches are his aggression. Which is definitely still there, but he's at another level of itensity and aggressive style in his ROH matches. I love how he's constantly working down his opponents with submissions as well.

Match rating: 8/10.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ngl I don't think I've actually watched this matched and if I did i clearly forgot lmaooo great review tho

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
519preview.jpg

Here’s a preview of this weekend’s episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling:”

ROH World Television Title Match: Champion Dragon Lee vs. Eli Isom

Isom, one of the most promising young stars in ROH, set his sights on the ROH World Television Title earlier this year and has worked his way up to the No. 1 spot in the rankings.

Isom is 4-0-1 in his past five one-on-one singles matches in ROH, including pinfall victories over Dak Draper and Rey Horus.

In the Survival of the Fittest six-way elimination match in June, it came down to Isom and Bandido. Isom nearly pulled off the upset before falling to Bandido, who went on to win the ROH World Title the following month.

As impressive as Isom has been, he undoubtedly is the underdog against Lee, who has become one of the best wrestlers in the sport.

Lee defeated Tony Deppen at Best in the World last month to become just the fifth man to regain the ROH World Television Title. He won the championship the first time from Shane Taylor in December 2019 and went on to make five successful title defenses

Lee was never actually defeated for the title. When Lee was unable to compete at the 19th Anniversary show in March, his fellow La Faccion Ingobernable teammate Kenny King defended the championship on his behalf and lost it.

ROH Women’s World Title Tournament Quarterfinals
Angelina Love vs. Max The Impaler (w/Amy Rose)

Love went from having a bye in the first round to facing the largest, strongest and most intimidating competitor in the tournament.

Max scored an impressive victory over Holidead in a battle of monsters in the first round. Prior to the start of the tournament, Max notched dominant wins over Hyan and Allie Reks and also destroyed four competitors (as well as the timekeeper) in a post-match attack.

Love got a first-hand look at the destructive force that is Max at Glory By Honor Night 1 in Philadelphia last weekend. Love could only watch helplessly as Max powerbombed Love’s tag partner Mandy Leon through a table after Max and Vita VonStarr defeated Leon and Love.

However, despite Max’s huge advantage in size and strength, Love should never be underestimated. She’s a seven-time former world champion and 21-year veteran who is still performing at a high level.

Moreover, Love has faced monsters before and won. She beat Awesome Kong several times in TNA in 2009.

The winner of this bout will meet Rok-C in the semifinals.

Allysin Kay vs. Trish Adora

This first-time matchup may come down to which competitor can land her devastating lariat. Will it be Kay’s discus lariat that decides the match or Adora’s Lariat Tubman?

Kay, a former world champion and one of the favorites to win the tournament, defeated fellow powerhouse Willow in the first round. Adora, the Pan-Afrikan World Diaspora Champion, knocked off veteran Marti Belle in the first round.

Kay is a dangerous striker, while Adora is an outstanding technical wrestler. With 12 years in the sport, Kay has seven more years experience than Adora, but Adora has wrestled all over the world just as Kay has.

For Kay, winning the ROH Women’s World Title would be another accolade for her stellar resume. For Adora, it would fulfill what many observers and fans believe is her destiny.

Adora also has the added inspiration of wanting to win for her mother, who was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year.

The winner advances to the semifinals against Miranda Alize.​

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I haven't seeen Angelina Love in a long long time. Back when I used to watch Impact a lot. I'm looking forward to watching more of the women's tournament.

Dragon Lee vs. Eli Isom seems like it'll be good.

I don't when this comes on Fite TV, I'm assuming a bit later. Excited for it either way. Good chance I'll check out the next PPV they have so it's good I'm getting some familarity with the brand before then.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I haven't seeen Angelina Love in a long long time. Back when I used to watch Impact a lot. I'm looking forward to watching more of the women's tournament.

Dragon Lee vs. Eli Isom seems like it'll be good.

I don't when this comes on Fite TV, I'm assuming a bit later. Excited for it either way. Good chance I'll check out the next PPV they have so it's good I'm getting some familarity with the brand before then.

Monday at 7 EST in the States is when it airs on Fite, not sure if it's the same or not

Reactions: Marty McFourth

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

14:23 - is the start time for the extra match this week. In case you haven't seen it @The Fourth Wall

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I always forget to watch week by week lol they have some solid matches usually tho

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Rok-C vs Angelina Love
Miranda Alize vs Trish Adora

Def cheering for Rok-C here, some questionable choices IMO but I'll reserve judgment until I actually watch the Quarterfinal matches

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team