Ricochet signs multi year deal with AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
giphy.gif

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Heck yeah!!!! So happy he has signed with AEW as ricochet has a lot of talent and will used in AEW really well. He got some decent runs In WWE but TK will strap a rocket to him !!! What a signing . I've watched old matches with Ospreay v ricochet it was real fun!

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Don already oiling those Ricochet/Ospreay wheels :lol

Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

“I feel like him coming in now — it’s one of those things where, we done that match and we went off on our separate journeys, right? And now we’re coming back together again. And for me now, it’s just like, this is [Ricochet’s] chance now. This is your chance to show people. Because look around, boss. Look at this generation of wrestlers. Look what everybody is doing when it comes to that athletic style of pro wrestling. It’s him. He is the guy that did it. And he’s just got to find that fire within himself, because he knows he can do it. I honestly feel like he’s just been downplayed for so bloody long that people have forgotten the freak athlete that he is."

“So if it is true, and if he is coming to AEW, I am calling you out to remind everybody who the f*ck you are, bruv. Because you, without a shadow of a doubt, were the man. Dragon Gate, PWG, the indies, around the world. No one could f*cking touch you. So I am calling you out, bruv. I am saying: remind the world that you are one of the best to have ever done this sh*t, man. Because I believe it. And if I believe it, you’ve got to believe in yourself now, boss.”

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Fotc is motivating you sir, don't drop the ball

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH

Watched it last. Called Ricochet straight out . That's a feud I wanna see as I've never seen ricochet as a heel before.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

“Honestly, the biggest reason [he signed with AEW] is that I’ve been doing this for a long time, 21 years this year. And for me, the time when I was like, having the most fun in my career was when I was, like, traveling the world with those crazy lunatics in the back there,” Ricochet said.

“It’s literally the time when I was having the most fun. Despite what people may think, it’s not always been bad for Ricochet. I’ve had fun my entire career, no matter where I went. I’ve always had fun. That’s not going to change. But when I was having the most fun was when I was hanging out with these guys and traveling the world with these guys and having matches with these guys and creating the art that I really like to make for I feel like the Ricochet fans out there who’s been, you know, I guess just missing the opportunity to shine. But for me, it’s to have fun again and to create that art again.”

Ricochet said it felt like he had maybe plateaued in WWE over the last couple of years. Joining AEW was a big decision, but he knew it was the right one for him.

“It was definitely a big decision, but honestly, yes and no [whether it was a hard decision]. Obviously, yes it was hard because it’s a place I’ve been for the last six years,” Ricochet said. “I got some really good connections, some friends, and some good memories there. So it was definitely hard. But at the same time, no, it wasn’t, because I am a person who has always changed. I’ve always done stuff, so that’s something that I was looking forward to.

“And I just saw what AEW was doing. I saw the guys and girls over there and what they were doing, and it just seemed so fun. You want to be a part of it. Now that I’m able to be a part of it and hopefully help move it forward into the next, generation is going to be awesome. So, as hard of a decision as it was, I knew it was the right decision.”

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH

“Honestly, the biggest reason [he signed with AEW] is that I’ve been doing this for a long time, 21 years this year. And for me, the time when I was like, having the most fun in my career was when I was, like, traveling the world with those crazy lunatics in the back there,” Ricochet said.

“It’s literally the time when I was having the most fun. Despite what people may think, it’s not always been bad for Ricochet. I’ve had fun my entire career, no matter where I went. I’ve always had fun. That’s not going to change. But when I was having the most fun was when I was hanging out with these guys and traveling the world with these guys and having matches with these guys and creating the art that I really like to make for I feel like the Ricochet fans out there who’s been, you know, I guess just missing the opportunity to shine. But for me, it’s to have fun again and to create that art again.”

Ricochet said it felt like he had maybe plateaued in WWE over the last couple of years. Joining AEW was a big decision, but he knew it was the right one for him.

“It was definitely a big decision, but honestly, yes and no [whether it was a hard decision]. Obviously, yes it was hard because it’s a place I’ve been for the last six years,” Ricochet said. “I got some really good connections, some friends, and some good memories there. So it was definitely hard. But at the same time, no, it wasn’t, because I am a person who has always changed. I’ve always done stuff, so that’s something that I was looking forward to.

“And I just saw what AEW was doing. I saw the guys and girls over there and what they were doing, and it just seemed so fun. You want to be a part of it. Now that I’m able to be a part of it and hopefully help move it forward into the next, generation is going to be awesome. So, as hard of a decision as it was, I knew it was the right decision.”
More money less dates is what I took from that. Lol . He's a at place in his career that he's got nothing to prove anymore.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score

Tbf he had hit his ceiling in WWE and was never going higher. Maybe he would have got another IC or US title run at some point but yeah I think he had hit where he was going to in WWE (not saying he was fumbled or misused btw I think WWE actually used well overall). A fresh coat of paint and also a company that focuses more on his strength might be a good thing for him

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
He should do real good in AEW I think . Could be the guy to beat Jack when the time is ready. Wouldn't mind Ospreay and Ricochet as a tag team in the future would be cool as hell too see that !!

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Speaking on The Masked Man Show, Ricochet was asked whether his last few years in WWE were frustrating.

“Honestly, you can place blame anywhere, but I just blame myself. Everyone can blame who they want to blame, everybody can blame anybody, but I just blame myself because that’s the only person that I can blame because that’s all you can do. Obviously I didn’t do something. I don’t know what it was. For me, frustrating is maybe not the word because my last couple years, I met my future wife there, I made mad connections. The locker room was always awesome. As far as creatively, I mean yeah, there would have been more I would have liked to do just again, mostly for the fans that want to see me do stuff, not even for me, but it’s more frustrating for the fans who want to see me go out there and actually do something of some substance. I was out there a lot. I was on television a lot, I was actually used a lot, but the quality of what I was doing specifically wasn’t there. It was a lot of quantity of Ricochet, but the quality of what he was getting just wasn’t what I wanted, and that’s okay. That’s just how it falls. I can only blame myself. I can’t blame anybody else. I just can’t. But it wasn’t really frustrating because I had a lot of good times there still. But was there more I wanted to do? Absolutely. But man, I can’t say it was frustrating because I still had a good time," Ricochet said.