Ricochet signs multi year deal with AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd actually say the last years of even Vince main roster was good booking for Ricochet, he just had a very lackluster original main roster run

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But like honestly he was a marquee WWE midcarder which was a more than acceptable peak for him when he signed

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

You can place the blame anywhere, but I just blame myself…that’s the only person I can blame because that’s all you can do. Obviously I didn’t do something, I don’t know what it was. For me, again, frustrating is maybe not the word, because again my last couple of years I met my future wife there, I made mad connections, the locker room was always awesome. As far as creatively, I mean yeah, there would have been more I’d like to do. Just again, mostly for the fans that want to see me do stuff, not even for me. It’s more frustrating for me to see the fans want me to go out there and actually do something of some substance. I was out there a lot, I was on television a lot, I was used a lot. But the quality of what I was doing specifically wasn’t there. There was a lot of quantity of Ricochet, but the quality of what he was getting just wasn’t what I wanted.
That’s okay, that’s how it falls. I can only blame myself. I can’t blame anybody else, I just can’t. But it wasn’t frustrating because I had a lot of good times there still. But was there more of what I wanted to do? Absolutely. But man, I can’t say it was frustrating because I still had a good time.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

"When [AEW wrestlers] get an opportunity to portray something to their specific fans, they get to do it the way they think would be best."
"In WWE, they have a plan," Ricochet said. "They stick to the plan and get to that plan... good, bad or ugly. I want to have that freedom for Ricochet to really soar like I know he can.

"That fire was kindling. It's always been there, that love for professional wrestling. That love for the sport. My gas can was empty. The fire was there but there needed to be some gas thrown on it to ignite it again and really get it started. That's what I wanted. Where would make me feel that most? I know AEW is going to light that fire under me."

On final WWE appearance

"They didn't know if I was going to re-sign," Ricochet said. "They didn't know and I really didn't know because I was trying to make that decision. I think they were trying to leave it open-ended. I really do believe that. I think I had already made my decision before that."

On decision making process

"I wanted to make sure I was making this decision and then see how people felt," Ricochet said. "I wanted to make sure this was on me. This was my choice and no one was pushing me one way or the other."

On Ospreay's comments before he signed:

"To see him so verbally advocate for me is awesome," Ricochet said. "I think for a long time Ricochet hasn't had the opportunity to advocate for himself so it was really cool to have my homie do that for me."

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
seems in a good place and motivated by the right reason (passion, love of the game) instead of bitterness. I like that.

Reactions: Roy Mustang