Ric Flair's angle.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
"The next time you loose a match, your career is over!"

Why? Just why? There's no rhyme or reason for this. What's the point? What's Vince's explanation for this, besides just being a dick? Just like Johnny Divine never gave any info on why he was the X-Division traitor, the same thing applies to this. Explanations as to what someone's intentions are make the story sooooooo much better, but there's none here. At least Divine's case can be self-explained (Divine joins the "winning" team so that when the X-Division disbands, he still gets to keep his job), but not Vince's.

Why? Just why?

The Ripper

Reaction score
there is sort of a reason, Ric came out and said he would never quit and he would keep on wrestling till he died. There has always been heat between the two and this gives vince the oppotunity to get rid of him with out the fans rioting. Hence he putting him against the likes of Umaga, Triple H.

The Rated R CMStar

I have another question to you

Why do even bother to watch WWE? So that you can come out on the forum and bash its storylines. So that you, according to your mind, have some backup on what your sign says?

This is why, Vince is a heel. Ric Flair is a face. They have their history long time ago. The hatred between them is still latent, thanks to their past storylines. So, if Flair says he will never retire, Vince, wanting to screw him, says that sure, he can do it, never retire, but then, fitting his methodicall, meniacal character, if he loses his career is over.

That way, Ric Flair gets what he wants, not retiring, but Vince, in his heel character, also, as he gets to enjoy week after week Ric Flair suffering to keep his career going

The Ripper

Reaction score
I have another question to you

Why do even bother to watch WWE? So that you can come out on the forum and bash its storylines. So that you, according to your mind, have some backup on what your sign says?

This is why, Vince is a heel. Ric Flair is a face. They have their history long time ago. The hatred between them is still latent, thanks to their past storylines. So, if Flair says he will never retire, Vince, wanting to screw him, says that sure, he can do it, never retire, but then, fitting his methodicall, meniacal character, if he loses his career is over.

That way, Ric Flair gets what he wants, not retiring, but Vince, in his heel character, also, as he gets to enjoy week after week Ric Flair suffering to keep his career going

This is why you cant just start watching wwe, to get the point of a storyline you usually have to look at past storylines. you cant just bash a storyline when you dont know the history between the 2

The Rated R CMStar

Oh yeah Dstebbins, I mean, you aren't by any means bias. Why don't you grow some brains first, get you head out of your ass and next time compare more related storylines, because yeah, you make great comparisons, Johnny Devine in that pathetic destruction of the X division being compared with the retirement of Ric Flair. Oh yeah, I can see all the similarities.

If you don't know WWE or past storylines, or don't have the common sense to just understand that that's the character of Vince, being a dick to faces, then just not bother, keep watching WWE's little brother on Spike TV annd satisfy watching some ripoffs.

HHHforever

Reaction score
The story line in my opinion is actually very good. If you had half a fucking brain you would know that. I think they've booked this thing very well and it's going to make WM very interesting.

BTW shouldn't a rant like that be in the street fight or flamation chamber?

CT Styles

I think he realised you completely proved him wrong and he couldn't think of anything to say but something to do with cocks. Probably because he thinks of cocks alot. It's already been explained why the storyline is going on. Vince = Heel, Flair = Face. Flair & Vince No Like Each other. Flair say not retire. Vince try end Ric Job. There is it described in ways you can understand. Maybe ppl gotta talk like Y2J to get through to you.

SuckIt

Reaction score
I don't argue with the storyline but think (if Flair is gonna retire at WM) that it should've been introduced earlier. Because it was introduced in December that means Flair's gonna win what 10 matches in a row before WM?

Kaedon

Reaction score
I don't argue with the storyline but think (if Flair is gonna retire at WM) that it should've been introduced earlier. Because it was introduced in December that means Flair's gonna win what 10 matches in a row before WM?

It's called building a long term storyline.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i just dont like ric flair in general... i dont really hate the angle although now u know hes going to win every match... which makes each match pointless... hes just to old at this point in his carreer... he should have retired atleast 5 or so years ago...

MrKennedyMark

Reaction score
The angle makes PERFECT sense. You aren't looking at the bigger picture. Let me spell it out for you....

Back in 2001, Ric Flair came back as a "Co-Owner Of WWE" and he and Vince didn't get along one bit. When Austin left in 2002, Vince/Flair feuded and wrestled at Royal Rumble. Then throughout the years since then, Flair/Vince always had some heat towards each other. Fast forward it to now, Flair = HHH's friend. Vince feuding with HHH, so he takes it out on Flair. Not only that, but Vince and Flair have a history. Flair came back after some time off to claim he'll never retire. Cue Vince by saying that if Flair loses one match, his career is over. It not only sticks it to Flair by Vince getting the last laugh because they've always had animosity toward each other, but Vince also sticks it to HHH.

So, while not all of the back story has any direct relevance to this current storyline per say, the back story does make this current storyline make sense. On a different note, this feud will not only benefit Flair/Vince, but it'll benefit whoever is able to retire Flair. Say like Mr. Kennedy or MVP. Imagine how much legitimacy and credibility it would give someone like either one.

Slick Ric

Reaction score
Charlotte, North Carolina Otherwise know as Wales
WrestleMania XXIV is expected to be the clumination of Ric Flair's retirement storyline and his final match in WWE.

Two names that have been discussed as possible opponents for Flair have been Mr. Kennedy and Shawn Michaels. It now looks like Shawn Michaels will be Flair's final opponent.

Two independent sources within WWE have confirmed that the current plan is for Michaels to end Flair's career and that Vince McMahon has already approved the match.

We will see what plays out in the coming weeks but that is the current scenario being discussed.

CenaMark54

Flair, during his big promo at the beginning said he would never retire.

Vince hears that and gets pissed because its not up to Flair, its up to McMahon when Flair retires.

McMahon said himself that when Flair wins, Vince makes money.

Thus, Vince takes the retirement decision out of the face legends hands, but also realizes he can squeeze more money. As long as there is an opportunity to make money, Flair has a job. Once he loses thats it.

Its actually a great storyline. The Boss hates an employee. The Boss keeps him around for his own financial gain. The Boss cuts him loose when the employee stops making him money.

C4

What other way to use an old guy like Ric Flair who can't even do good moves in the ring? Since this angle started, the guy got more popular with the fans and got cheered alot by the people! This suits Ric Flair and it's a perfect storyline imo for a man like Ric Flair and it needs to have a good ending.

An old man who worked hard and wrestled for 35 years and the boss comes and tells him that if you loose a match then you're fired - What's wrong with this, it's a fantastic storyline dude!