Rhodes and Kingston headed to SD?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
WWE filmed a commercial yesterday that will air on SyFy this Summer to start hyping the network debut of Friday Night SmackDown in October.

A few of the names appearing in the commercial included Cody Rhodes, World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston and Rey Mysterio.

Kofi and Rhodes are currently on the RAW brand so it looks like they might get drafted tomorrow night. This could also mean that Swagger and Mysterio will be staying on SmackDown.

These commercials were put together yesterday but WWE has filmed commercials to hype Superstars before, such as Evan Bourne with the ECW Title last year, then changed the plans and shot new material.

Please be true about Rhodes. Fuck Kingston. Rhodes needs to stop carrying DiBiase and go on his own.

str8edgepunk

Reaction score
Smackdown will be a much better place for Rhodes. He might actually get a decent push there, instead of constantly getting shit on while he's on Raw.

noumenon

Reaction score
Could care less about Kingston, I was seriously hoping for a release for him.
I'm hoping they don't try some generic face bullshit with Rhodes though, he was developing nicely as a heel.

Reaction score
Kingston was amazing in the last quater of 2009 but rally burned out. would rather Bourne was there to be honest.
Rhodes, good idea, really good idea.

Carter2011

Reaction score
If smackdown has Orton,Bourne,and Rhodes after monday I will be happy. The Miz would be awesome to, but I feel he might stay on Raw

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Kingston to SD just proves how WWE couldn't follow up his push on Raw. If his push succeeded he would be headlining Raw's, not necessarily world title matches, but he would definitely be upper mid card. He is in MVP land right now.

Cody to SD on the other hand could be a completely fresh start for him. As long as he is far away from Ted I can still see him making somewhat something of his career. Plus if Orton is on SD, Cody gets revenge for the punt at Mania.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Cody seems like a more likely candidate, but yeah, Kofi's always sucked. A brand switch won't help him. Rhodes can still be something so there's no reason for him not to be on SD. Plus, maybe Cody can get a real feud with Orton, without DiBiase involved.

BTW, now everyone finally realizes how good Rhodes is and how crap Kofi and Ted are? That's nice.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Could care less about Kingston, I was seriously hoping for a release for him.
I'm hoping they don't try some generic face bullshit with Rhodes though, he was developing nicely as a heel.
THIS^^

I can't stand Kofi lol

But did that commercial recognize Swagger as the WHC champ?

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Cody seems like a more likely candidate, but yeah, Kofi's always sucked. A brand switch won't help him. Rhodes can still be something so there's no reason for him not to be on SD. Plus, maybe Cody can get a real feud with Orton, without DiBiase involved.

BTW, now everyone finally realizes how good Rhodes is and how crap Kofi and Ted are? That's nice.

Ted isn't that bad. For the sake of Cody's career it would benefit him if he was on the other brand opposed to Ted.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

Well I've been saying Ted sucks and Cody is better. But I like Kofi. The way he was built up last year got me on him and I haven't given up on him yet. But both of them to SD would be great. Be even sweeter if they got Miz as well. If they get rid of Vicki and MacIntyre, I'll be a happy man and would watch SD every week.

This news is kinda skeptical though. Remember last year I think, Bourne filmed that video where he had the ECW title? But plans changed and he got drafted to Raw.

[YT]Ogsx_rZu84M[/YT]

Disarm

Reaction score
I'm glad about Kofi, he's already fueded with Jericho and it was good, why not do it again? Not only that, but I can finally see my dream fued, Kofi/Mcintyre.

seX-Power

Reaction score
I don't give a fuck about Kofi anymore, at first I liked a new guy getting pushed but it turned out to be boring as shit. His so called 'character development' went nowhere. I'd rather see Bourne, MVP or Christian get a push anyday.

Kizza

Reaction score
Not a huge Kofi fan, but boy oh boy did they fuck his push up big time. He was probably one of the hottest things around in his feud with Orton, and it just stopped.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The thing I had the most is that it seems like the was built up, just to make him credible and job to the up in comers, like Sheamus.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^what's so wrong with that. Kofi's lucky he didn't get Ricky Ortiz'd (sorry Mike)