Rhianna hits #1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

RVD will be leaving the WWE on a stretcher.

Orton vs RVD in a stretcher match at ONS 3.

Or...Maybe RVD will re-sign with the E. A stretcher match is a perfect way for Van Dam to get the long rest he's been asking for, and he would have a built-in feud upon his return.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
IMO this PPV will be flat out awesome,Pudding Match and Khali match are the only ones that wont deliver....actually pudding match will deliver something but not good wrestling...This will be PPV of the Year for WWE.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
The PPV will probably be pretty good but the only reason why, is the amount of gimmick matches. Maybe it will turn out great having loads of them (See Armageddon 2006) Maybe it will backfire, (TNA Lockdown). But all in all as long as the matches arnt borefests expect heavy praise on the ppv after it's over with.

Reaction score
idk about the RVD thing, seeing as he got dominated again last night and they amde him look like he was in a daze. I will be soooo pissed if that's the last time we see RVD in the E.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
It would seem gay to see Orton beat RVD then put him on a stretcher and that being seen the last of RVD on Ecw, so well see how it play's out

3lions

Reaction score
Orton/RVD should be a good match at ONS. I just hope it isn't Orton/HBK Part II (i.e. match never gets going and RVD staggers around like a blueberry for ten minutes).

As for the RVD saga, it's boring me now. Nobody truly knows what's going on. RVD could finish up with the company Sunday night, or he could just be taking time off, or he cold continue. Nobody really knows, so just see how it plays out. I'm guessing this 'injury angle' will allow RVD to take time off until he returns at the Royal Rumble/ Long shot, but possible.

hbk4894

Reaction score
my picks
1. ECW World Heavyweight Championship - Street Fight Match: Vince McMahon vs. Bobby Lashley
2. WWE Championship - Falls Count Anywhere Match: John Cena vs. The Great Khali
3. World Heavyweight Championship - Steel Cage Match: Edge vs. Batista
4. World Tag Team Title - Ladder Match: Jeff & Matt Hardy vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Sheldon Benjiman)
5. Non-Title Pudding Match: Candice Michelle vs. Melina

Soulpower

My Picks (Winners in Bold)

Melina vs Candice Michelle

Kane vs Mark "Mah Stank" Henry

Randy Orton vs RVD (The easiest pick of the PPV)

CM Punk-Dreamer-Sandman vs The New Breed (I wanna see a Pounce through a table.

WGTT vs The Hardys: I think Trevor and Murdoch cost the Hardys the titles.

Lashley vs Vince Mcmahon: Lashley goes to RAW ia the draft and Vince forfeits the ECW title.

Edge vs Batista: Edge retains again!

John Cena vs The Great Khali: Seriously, who thinks Khali will win?

Truth

Reaction score
Melina vs Candice Michelle

Kane vs Mark Henry This match should be okay, Henry will win it though as he just came back and theyere going to wanna push this fued probably, to do that Henry will need to win

Randy Orton vs RVD RVD's last match in WWE

CM Punk-Dreamer-Sandman vs The New Breed Sandman and then Dreamer are eliminated pinning Punk against teh 3 NB guys, Punk fights his way to victory, eliminating Stryker fast, and then getting beat by Cor Von and Burke but fights back and when it seems like hes about to go through a table he coutners and puts Cor Von through one. Burke and Punk then fight it out for a little bit and Punk puts him through

WGTT vs The Hardys Cade and Murdoch accidentaly cost the Hardys there belts

Lashley vs Vince Mcmahon Vince then uses his power to strip Lashley of the belt, making it vacant and open for grabs when the draft is done

Edge vs Batista No way Tista wins

John Cena vs The Great Khali 100% sure Cena will win

Oasis

Reaction score
Melina vs Candice Michelle (It's non-title, so they'll just use it to build up Candice)

Kane vs Mark Henry (Kane's the Big Red Jobber now, builds up Henry)

Randy Orton vs RVD (RVD's last match, easy pick)

CM Punk/Dreamer/Sandman vs The New Breed

WGTT vs The Hardys(Hardy's win by interference from Cade and Murdoch, they don't like how the cowboys cheated, Hardy's/Cade and Murdoch fued)

Lashley vs Vince Mcmahon (Umaga interferes, gets beat up by Lashley. Vince gets pissed and picks a new monster to fued with Lashley)

Edge vs Batista (Edge got beat up o smackdown, and according to the last laugh rules teh guy who gets beat up before the PPV always wins)

John Cena vs The Great Khali (Cena does a Hogan-esque FU on Khali)

Montana

I just finished watching this ppv, and i thought this show really delivered. Match for match, i dont think the show could have been too much better, given the card. The wwe actually pulled off the all gimmick matches, flawlessly in my opinion, and it wasnt over done, and it was something different each match.

RVD vs. Orton strecher match. Really good match, RVD pulled out some old tricks, and took some good bumps. Good ending, and aftermath.

3.5/5

Originals + Punk vs New Breed Tables Match: I enjoyed seeing these 6 men in the ring, with extreme rules. Corvon and Punk have very bright futures, burke look good. Sandman took some hard hits. Dreamer added some good wrestling, nice finish.

3.25/5

WGTT vs Hardys. Ladder match Awesome match, but it could have been a tad better. SHelton missed a spot, and landed odd, once. Still a great great match.

4/5

Henry vs Kane Lumberjack...this was more of a entertainment match, but was solid.

2.5/5

Lashley vs vince, Shane, Umaga ....same old thing, Vince took some chairshots

3/5

Pudding Match.....yeah

Edge vs Batista Cage match: I think Edge being a top heel is making Batista even more popular. yet another solid match.

3.25/5

Cena vs Khali....all count anywhere. I would have liked to see cena beat down khali a little more, but the ending was cool.

3/5

Overall 3.33

Montanas PPV scale. 7.9/10 Meaning this ppv is real close to purchasing. 8 means its worth buying. If i were to buy 3 wwe dvds all year, this one might make the cut.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam 3/5
The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, and CM Punk vs. The New Breed (Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, and Marcus Cor Von 3/5 This is the kind of ECW matches I like! They put it all in the ring and delivered
The Hardys vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team 3.5/5
Lumberjack Match 1.5/5
Vince McMahon vs. Bobby Lashley 2/5
Candice Michelle vs. Melina 1/5
Edge vs. Batista 3.5/5
John Cena vs. The Great Khal 1.75/5
One Night Stand was a good PPV minus a terrible main event 6.5/10

Wrestling16

Reaction score
Randy Orton vs RVD -Good solid match with some good spots and a good effect by both men plus RVD sold the concussion well.-6.5/10

Cm Punk, Sandman,Tommy Dreamer vs Burke,Cor Von,Striker-Overall a decent scrap and a decent effect by all men nothing to write home about do.5/10

The Hardys vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team-One hell of a match, entertainment glore and the four men give everything they had out thier and also some great spots but some botched ones to, but a touch dissapointed but still a great match.7.5/10

Kane vs Mark Henry-at best a decent match but Mark Henry really needs to get in shape.4/10

Vince McMahon vs. Bobby Lashley-Alot better than expected but would of liked Shane and Umaga to come down a bit later on because we had already saw Lashley vs Vince,Shane, Umaga on two ppvs but soem good spots and entertaining.5.5/10

Candice Michelle vs. Melina-2.5/10

Edge vs. Batista-a good solid match with both men giving it thier all enjoyed it, bit of a bothced up finish as Edge was just hanging out to the cage waiting for batista's hands to touch 6.5/10

John Cena vs. The Great Khali-Nothing really i didn't expect but i fought it would of been worse but nothing really to talk about except a great spot were Cena Fu'd Khali at the end.3.5/10

Overall i fought ONS was a good solid ppv with some bad points and some good.But really enjoyed it and glad they didn't go over board with the extreme rules which was good. 6/10

Switchy

Reaction score
RVD vs Orton: 3/5

Pretty good match, nothing special. When watching the flip legdrop onto the stretcher in slowmo it looked like RVD didn't land properly and did something to his leg. Pretty good aftermath and RVd will probably be off of WWE TV now until his contract runs out.

Dreamer, Sandman and punk vs The new breed: 3.5/5

This match was pretty surprising for me. I didn't think it would be as good as it was. Montana took the words out of my mouth basically. Brilliant performance by Punk and the ending was pretty sick too.

WGTT Vs Hardyz: 4.5/5

Yeah it was pretty much a bit of a spotfest but kept me on the edge of my seat the whole match. Shelton took a few bumps, as did the others. Not much wrestling in it but was amusing. The backstage promo was pretty pointless, but gave me time for a piss.

Henry vs Kane: 3.5/5

Pretty good match by both men and the lumberjack stipulation in my eyes was only a way to get more guys on the card. Annoying to see Kane lose yet again, though after a pretty shabby ending that stopped it from a 4/5.

Lashley vs Vince: 3/5

Pretty much what happens at every WWE ppv nowadays but with extreme rules. It took quite a while for me to get into the rhythm of the match after the disgraceful start by Lashley messing up the suicide dive but the match was better than the previous matches between the two.

Candice vs Melina: 5/5!

I just have one complaint... I should've been the ref.

Edge vs Batista: 2.5/5

I didn't really like that match at all and the ending was pretty rubbish. Edge continuously trying to escape repeatedly upset the flow of the match after some decent wrestling from both men.

Cena vs Khali: 3/5 (again)

Nice match from both men (surprisingly) but as Montana said it would've been nice to see Cena beat down Khali more because all he did was hit him with a moniter and fu him off the crane and apart from that it was the same as usual... Khali dominates which annoyed me because apart from the stipulation it was the same as Kane/Mark Henry to me.

Overall: 3.7/5