Rey Mysterio to Undergo Surgery

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Rey tweeted the following today:

"Buenas tardes. Siento mucho el tener que dejarlos sin mi presencia en el ring por UNOs meses! Sirugia8/26 le pido a dios qca la ultima!619!"

For those who do not speak Spanish - Mysterio's next knee surgery is scheduled for Friday, August 26th and he will be out of action for several months.

Mysterio followed up with another tweet, apologizing for letting his fans down:

"Sorry4 the let down! Promise to make it back as soon as possible!Gonna miss what I luv most-ENTERTAINING U's!619"

Sucks for Mysterio but he has put this surgery off for four years. No need to risk long term damage and he may as well get it completely fixed. He will be out for close to six months which will be a shame but he might be able to make it back for WM28 which I am sure is his goal.

Seak

Reaction score
Mysterio will never be completely fixed tbh. This surgery will give him a few more years of relative comfort, but in a few years he's barely going to be able to walk. With the amount of surgery he has had, and how many times he has screwed that knee up, he is in bad shape.

PegasusKid

Reaction score
Mysterio is really hard to replace but I think even WWe know hes on last legs I wouldnt be surprised if we see him retire in the next few months. Hes had a storytale carrer and I think he can hold his head high with everything he has accomplished. So I hope he comes back but he needs to do what hes got to so he can have a quality life outside of the ring.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Losing Mysterio is always a blow, but actually this time WWE are quite well equiped for it, as on raw you have ADR, Punk, Cena, and theres people like the Miz not far behind.

I agree that Rey might become like the Undertaker as someone who from now on will have to wrestle injuried off and on, and who will to reduce his appearences more, but for the time being once he gets this operation out of the way, he should still have a good few years ahead of him. And lets face it is there much more for someone like Rey to do in wrestling? I think he might be happy to retire in two or three years.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am amazed that he was able to work on that knee for four years before he had to have surgery on it. I am sure that this surgery will give him at least a couple more years in WWE, I see him starting to cut down on dates and working maybe nine months out of the year to make it a bit easier on his body. As mentioned WWE have started to prepare for the loss of Mysterio by bringing in more stars that appeal to the Latino market. ADR and more importantly Sin Cara, another masked wrestler, will be able to fill the gap when he leaves. I am sure in the next two years WWE will bring in more mexican stars and more masked wrestlers as the Mexican market continues to grow for WWE.

I agree Keith that he has done everything he needs to do in wrestling so there isn't much left for him to prove. Maybe one proper world title reign.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah that is the only thing I would say, he has made himself a perminat main event player and one of the most consistant and over talents, but maybe just a proper run on top will be the final thing, and he deserves it too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that when he is near the end he will get a similar run that Kane had last year. WWE rewarded him for his long service with them and made up for the fact his previous title reign was one night. I can see them giving Mysterio a proper long title reign where he is actually booked as a strong champion.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Oh that is harsh Scott, he still looks pretty damn good to me, sure the years of that high flying style and the injuries have caught up with me, but he can still really go, and to me looks like someone who might stick around for a another three years at least.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I agree he can still wrestle a good match, I've been saying that for a while. But the more injuries he suffers the more his style will be affected mentally. He's got two young kids I think he's on the last leg of his career.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
His surgery went well and supposedly it is meant to be around a six month rehab. This should mean that we see him back for the Road to Wrestlemania.