Rey Mysterio Injured Again 2013 Edition

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pwinsider said:
Rey Mysterio noted on his Twitter account a few hours again that he is seeing Dr. James Andrews today.

He wrote, "Things haven't been good since I stepped back in the ring, possibly Acl tear again!"

Really really needs to retire because his body clearly isn't up to it anymore. He has had an exceptional run over the last couple of decades but there is no point coming back again and again when all it leads to is another injury.

How long will it be before we see this;

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio. We wish Rey the best in all future endeavors.

Franco

Reaction score
What was his last "real" match? When he won the vacant WWE title after Punk walked out at MITB 2011? His matches since that were awful and during Royal Rumble he injured himself after 15 seconds, and laid there until it was his turn to go out.
Retirement should be one of his options, his body is obviously breaking down.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It has been a long time, his partnership with Sin Cara has been so stop start because of all his injuries and it means that Sin Cara has just been left in limbo. Mysterio and WWE really need to sit down and work out a strategy for him to lead towards retirement. It would be best for him if he simply retires but I can't see it happening. Maybe they let him fully heal and then bring him back as a special attraction wrestler like a HHH or Undertaker, bring him in for three months and then give him the rest of the year off. Give him one last run to let him say his goodbyes and then tell him to put his feet up. WWE will then be forced to really get behind Sin Cara to try to cover the loss in merchnadise sales with Mysterio gone.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Really really needs to retire because his body clearly isn't up to it anymore. He has had an exceptional run over the last couple of decades but there is no point coming back again and again when all it leads to is another injury.

How long will it be before we see this;

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio. We wish Rey the best in all future endeavors.
You must remember that Rey's surgeon who repaired his knee had his license revoked for medical malpractice. For all we know it could be entirely possible that Rey has been getting a half assed job all these years from a guy he trusted. In fact it would,explain a whole lot as he never went to Dr. Andrews like trips when he tore his quad, or some of the others, he always been using his doc since his WCW days

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Well if he does call it quits atleast i got my Bryan/Rey match.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
544090_10152631257905137_2114065677_n.jpg

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He shouldn't of roided up when he came to WWE, you can take all the HGH you want but it's not going to send you through puberty again, he is just a midget with muscles now.

One of my all time faves but it's sad to see how average he's become, not like him at all as he's always been one of the most consistent guys on any roster.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
♫ All the king's horses and all the king's men... couldn't fix Rey's ACL again. ♫

Blujay

Reaction score
The guy has worked one hell of a style his entire career. It's no surprise that his wheels are falling off the axles at this point. But the man continues to come back and entertain even though he knows the risk he takes. I respect that. Anyone who gives their body to the business like that must truly love it.

AF.

Reaction score
Damn I love Rey and will be sad when he leaves, but he really has to go. Start looking after himself. He's been wrestling his style for too long and it's worn down his body. Plus he's too big nowadays.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Not going to lie, it kind of makes me miss the David vs Goliath matches he would have with Big Show. That was always like a special event.

Reaction score
As much as I like Rey, I think it's time for him to go. His maches haven't been as enjoyable over the past few years, unfortunately. There isn't any point in continuing to wrestle if he keeps getting injured.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You must remember that Rey's surgeon who repaired his knee had his license revoked for medical malpractice. For all we know it could be entirely possible that Rey has been getting a half assed job all these years from a guy he trusted. In fact it would,explain a whole lot as he never went to Dr. Andrews like trips when he tore his quad, or some of the others, he always been using his doc since his WCW days

Strange that he wouldn't get a second opinion when he has had constant issues with his knees. Surely WWE would have referred him to one of their doctors as well if they weren't happy with his progress.

He shouldn't of roided up when he came to WWE, you can take all the HGH you want but it's not going to send you through puberty again, he is just a midget with muscles now.

One of my all time faves but it's sad to see how average he's become, not like him at all as he's always been one of the most consistent guys on any roster.

So true that all the extra muscle he packed on hasn't helped his knees at all. A guy that size shouldn't be carrying that much weight especially with the moveset that he has.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I guess when you grow to trust someone, you do just that trust them if they've always been your doctor. Maybe he just didnt want to see anything was wrong with his medical care. But yeah it's good ems he finally saw Dr Andrewss and all that has had to be done was his leg placed in a brace

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He is lucky that he doesn't have to have surgery again this time because another surgery must have been it for him. Still think that he should be thinking about a retirement plan, maybe he has one final money run and that is it.