Reviewing every WWE PPV in order from worst to best

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jarf

Reaction score
Cyber Sunday 2007

1000006974.jpg

Match 1: Stretcher Match - Rey Mysterio def. Finlay (9:46)

1000009976.jpg

The options the fans could choose for this match were a Stretcher Match, Shillelagh on a Pole or just a normal No DQ Match. People obviously picked Stretcher Match. This was a pretty decent opener. They use the stretcher against each other several times. But one neat thing was that they had the shillelagh already to go on a Pole so they raced up the pole to get it first. Rey gets it first, but Finlay crotches him on the top rope and takes it out of his hand, but he doesn’t get to use it. Finlay beats the crap out of Rey in this match, but Rey's ability to survive gives him the win. As Finlay is laid out on the stretcher, Rey hits a senton over the ropes and onto Finlay. I don't know if this was supposed to happen or not, but as Rey is wheeling Finlay over to the finish line, the wheel of the stretcher gets caught on a wire cable. Finlay gets off the stretcher and picks the shillelagh back up and swings at Rey, who picks Finlay up and drops him on the stretcher with a flapjack. Rey wheels Finlay across the yellow line and wins.

My Rating: ***1/4

Match 2: ECW Championship Match - CM Punk (c) def. The Miz (8:51)

1000009977.jpg

The other options people could choose from to face CM Punk were Big Daddy V or John Morrison. And honestly I don't think WWE expected Miz to win, but they really should've because I don't think people wanted to see Punk vs Morrison again or wanted to see Big Daddy V in general. I imagine they looked at these options and thought, "Oh these are all bad." You can really tell how green Miz is here. He… he was not good. Not terrible but there's a pretty bad botch halfway through the match where he's not the right position for a crossbody and Punk just kinda… lands on a crouched Miz. I will sat that Miz gives Punk more of a fight than most people thought he probably would. It's pretty even for the most part, but Punk put Miz to sleep and pins him 1, 2, 3.

My Rating: **3/4

Match 3: Mr. Kennedy def. Jeff Hardy (9:07)

1000009981.jpg

These 2 were the other options people could choose from to face Randy Orton for the WWE Title later in the night. William Regal announces the 2 losers in the poll would face each other in WARGAMES!!! Oh. Sorry, not Wargames. Shawn Michaels won the vote so now we get this match which was… kinda lame, not gonna lie. Kennedy wears Jeff down for a lot of this match. It's competently worked, it's just boring. Jeff eventually makes a comeback, but it doesn’t last very long. Jeff goes for the thing where he steps up the second rope and then drops his feet into his opponent's chest in the corner. I don't think he ever had an official name for it, but Kennedy moves out of the way and Jeff bumps on the mat, and that's how Kennedy beats him.

My Rating: **1/2

Match 4: United States Championship Match - Kane def. MVP (c) via countout (6:39)

1000009982.jpg

Originally supposed to be MVP vs Matt Hardy I think, but Matt got cut open pretty bad on SmackDown so they don't clear him. So pretty much after the first match, they announce that a new poll to decide MVP's opponent is on the website. Your options were Kane, Khali or Mark Henry. Gee, I wonder who was gonna win. Kane has bad ribs coming into this match though and MVP smartly goes after those, but Kane soon turns the match around and goes after MVP's ribs. Doing whatever he can to punish his ribs. MVP stays outside the ring to save his title because he doesn’t want anymore of Kane.

My Rating: **

Match 5: WWE Championship Match - Shawn Michaels def. Randy Orton (c) via DQ (15:40)

1000009978.png

These last 3 matches, along with the opener is what makes this show good. This match wasn’t as good as it could've been. Maybe they were having an off night but this was still very good. I do wish Shawn fought a little more aggressively because he is fighting the guy who tried to end his career. But it's fine. Good match. Shawn works over Orton's left arm but Orton turns the match around after dropping Shawn back first across the barricade and wears him down. After a missed elbow drop attempt, Orton goes for the RKO, but Shawn reverses it into a backslide and after an exchange of fisticuffs, Shawn does his 2K comeback, hits the elbow and tunes up the band, but as Shawn swings his leg, Orton drops down and elbows Shawn in his Dwayne Johnson to cause the disqualification. So Orton loses but keeps the title. He gets set in the corner to punt HBK, but Shawn hits a Superkick to Orton.

My Rating: ***1/2

Match 6: Street Fight - Triple H def. Umaga (17:24)

1000009979.jpg

The other 2 options for this match was a First Blood or Steel Cage Match. Although Street Fight was the match I would've voted for, I feel bad for the guys who put the Steel Cage together for nothing. HHH meets Umaga halfway up the entrance way and the match starts up there. HHH tackles Umaga through the big laptop helm which was part of the stage setup because WWE actually used to have unique designs for their PPV stages at one point. They eventually make their way back to the ring. HHH does his best to actually beat Umaga's head in with anything he can get his hands on. But it soon descends into a match where Umaga beats the hell out of HHH. A sick spot comes towards the end where Umaga runs across the tables and splashes HHH through one. Umaga throws HHH and spends too much time giggledicking outside allowing HHH ample time to recover so he can avoid the diving headbutt from Umaga. HHH rolls back outside to grab a sledgehammer from under the ring but Umaga counters the swing with a low blow. Umaga plans on finishing HHH with a Samoan Spike, but HHH ducks under it, grabs the sledgehammer and hits Umaga in the head with before putting the cherry on top with a Pedigree after a very good match.

My Rating: ***3/4

Main Event: World Heavyweight Championship Match with Steve Austin as Special Referee - Batista (c) def. The Undertaker (17:25)

1000009980.jpg

This match blows every other match on the card out of the water though. Batista and Undertaker delivered a banger with every match they had and although I think this is the worst match they had on PPV this year, it was still great. Now for this match, you could vote for who would referee the match. And Stone Cold won over JBL and Mick Foley in a landslide with 79% of the votes. This was just a straight up fight and a battle of wills. It feels cheesy to say that, but that perfectly describes this match. This match was pretty much "Let's use all our moves until one works." But it was great. Undertaker also tries to weaken Batista's shoulder to make his moves less effective. I did like when Undertaker went for old school and Batista caught him and hit a spinebuster. Batista tries to pin Taker but gets caught in a triangle choke. Undertaker hits a Chokeslam which Batista kicks out of. Batista hits a Spear. Undertaker lifts Batista up from the corner and hits him with a Last Ride. Batista kicks out again. Undertaker sets up the Tombstone, but Batista slides down the back, hits another Spinebuster and then a Batista Bomb which Taker kicks out of and Batista makes a surprised Pikachu face. He stands up and yells for Taker to get up. Batista picks him up and drops him with another Batista Bomb which gives him the win after a great main event match.

My Rating: ****

Cagematch Rating: 5.88

My Rating: 8/10

I really liked this show. The worst matches on the show were all the shortest. Started off with a quick but decent opener and then the last 3 matches all were good stuff, especially that main event. Not every great show has to have 5 4.5 star classics on it to be great. Just has to consistently be good. And that's what this was.

There will be no way out of me getting out of watching this next PPV… I hate myself for that joke. Um, No Way Out 2003 will be next.

Last edited:

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
I just watched this ahead of this review. WWE clearly stacked the deck with the voting. One of the top babyfaces in the company who's feuding with Orton vs a popular mid-carder and a heel. Can't imagine who fans would pick. This was the third time in four years of Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday that Shawn Michaels was voted into a championship match. This time coming in the middle of a Michaels vs Orton feud.

Most of this show the fact that Batista and The Undertaker are facing each other after multiple big matches earlier in the year plays second fiddle to who will the guest referee be: JBL, Mick Foley, or Steve Austin. Obviously Austin is the overwhelming favorite among the fans. But he doesn't make an appearance in the show until it's time for him to come out for the main event. JBL is doing color commentary while "campaigning" for the vote. Mick Foley has a little backstage segment, which JBL interrupts. I was quite surprised at how close it was between Mick and JBL. The top three matches would go on to have rematches at Survivor Series with Triple H and Umaga headlining Survivor Series elimination teams, Orton and HBK fighting for the WWE Championship, and Undertaker and Batista in Hell in a Cell featuring the surprise return of Edge.

The stretcher match stipulation in general is kinda dumb. "I hate you so much I'm going to put you on a stretcher and push you across this arbitrary line". The other options were "Shillelagh on a Pole" where the first man to grab the Shillelagh gets to use it, and odds are the other guy will likely use it as well plus a No Holds Barred Match, which let's face it all of the stipulations are No Holds Barred and of course the Shillelagh would get involved, much like it did in this Stretcher Match, even though it's not the stipulation of the match.

Reactions: Jacob Fox and Jarf

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah for Taboo Tuesday and Cyber Sunday, WWE definitely set the polls up in such a way that the fans would vote for whom or what they intended the winner to be. Even from the first Taboo Tuesday, you could tell and it sort of took all of the good interest out of the concept.

Reactions: Skyefire and Jarf

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Yeah for Taboo Tuesday and Cyber Sunday, WWE definitely set the polls up in such a way that the fans would vote for whom or what they intended the winner to be. Even from the first Taboo Tuesday, you could tell and it sort of took all of the good interest out of the concept.
Though, from what I understand WWE was pushing for Batista to get the I-C title match against Jericho at the very first one, but fans voted in Shelton Benjamin instead.

Reactions: Jarf and Jacob Fox

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Though, from what I understand WWE was pushing for Batista to get the I-C title match against Jericho at the very first one, but fans voted in Shelton Benjamin instead.

Off of memory if Batista was a choice then they probably were, terribly misjudged on their part bc even tho he was a heel getting popular he was still a heel and I imagine the website votes were a lot of children who believed, that seems apparently to me with all the choices they had.

It's insane to me that they didn't just fix the poll instead of putting one obvious choice tho, like who was going to audit their fan votes lmao like that Shelton match for example, Jericho straight up didn't know the opponent until he was in the ring and they showed the poll results

Reactions: Jarf and Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It is good to know it backfired on them once then lol

Reactions: Jarf

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It's insane to me that they didn't just fix the poll instead of putting one obvious choice tho, like who was going to audit their fan votes lmao like that Shelton match for example, Jericho straight up didn't know the opponent until he was in the ring and they showed the poll results
I wonder if there could be legal consequences of fixing the poll? On one hand, it's definitely lying to the people who buy the PPV... on the other hand, that is what wrestling has done since forever...

Jarf

Reaction score
Off of memory if Batista was a choice then they probably were, terribly misjudged on their part bc even tho he was a heel getting popular he was still a heel and I imagine the website votes were a lot of children who believed, that seems apparently to me with all the choices they had.

Should've been Rosey lmao

Jarf

Reaction score
No Way Out 2003

1000006991.jpg

Match 1: Chris Jericho def. Jeff Hardy (12:58)

1000009983.jpg

Now Jeff I’m pretty sure was out the door at this point. Also, weird time to be Jeff as he must have been rubbing glowstick juice all over himself. He also looked to have slimmed down at this point. Anyway, very good opener. Starting the show off hot with a pretty good contest. Jeff Hardy flies off the ropes early but Jericho soon starts to ground him and wear him down. But soon Jeff starts making a comeback and hits a Codebreaker on Jericho years before Chris made it his finisher. Jericho’s first attempt at a Lionsault fails as Jeff gets his knees up. But Jericho gets Jeff in the Walls of Jericho and Jeff reaches the ropes. Jeff flings Jericho off the top rope and Jericho lands halfway across the ring. Jeff hits a Swanton Bomb and covers, but Jericho gets his foot on the bottom rope. Jeff soon goes back up for another one, but misses and Jericho hits the Lionsault for a 2 count. The finish to this match was sick. Jeff goes for a hurricanrana off the top rope, but Jericho catches him and hits a powerbomb from the top rope and puts Jeff in the Walls of Jericho to make him tap! Cool ass finish. Jericho refuses to break the hold after the bell so Shawn Michaels comes out to make the save (getting booed because they’re in Montreal). Christian comes out to help Chris, but in the end, he eats a Superkick while Jericho gets away.

Match 2: World Tag Team Championship Match - Lance Storm & William Regal (c) def. Kane & Rob Van Dam (9:13)

1000009984.png

Your average tag match except for the scary bit where Regal gets actually knocked out. Kane slams Regal into the mat and Regal’s head hits the mat and he legitimately gets knocked out. Kane picks Regal up into his corner to make sure he can tag out to Storm and get his bearings back. Storm and Regal take control and isolate RVD from his corner after flinging him off the top rope into the barricade. Once RVD makes the hot tag to Kane, Kane gets all his big moves in before he tags RVD back in, who gives Regal a kick from the top rope. But Storm hops on Kane’s back and turns his mask around, so Kane can’t see out of it. Storm shoves RVD into Kane who thinks its one of the other two and Chokeslams him. Regal covers RVD and the champs retain. I actually really liked that finish. It was clever.

Now I had heard about this before, so I had to look up exactly what it was that was happening to Regal here. Turns out he had contracted a heart parasite on a tour in India in the Fall and he was very close to death at this point and didn’t even realize it. Thankfully, they found out like a week after this, but it meant he had to stay out of the ring for a while.

Match 3: Cruiserweight Championship Match - Matt Hardy def. Billy Kidman (c) (9:30)

1000009985.jpg

Matt Hardy was in his pettiest stage at this point because the only reason he shed weight to qualify as a cruiserweight was because Kidman beat him in a match a few weeks earlier which is funny. Kind of a boring match and the crowd lets them know that. Matt wears down Kidman and grounds him, not letting him do any of his cool moves. Kidman does to do something neat where Matt tries to one leg boston crap him and Kidman kicks up on one foot and hits the enziguri. Kidman misses a Shooting Star Press and gets hit with the Twist of Fate, but kicks out of it. Matt puts Kidman up on the top rope. Kidman fights off Matt and kicks Shannon Moore off. The streak of cool finishes continues as Matt goes back up and hits a Twist of Fate from the top and wins the title.

Match 4: The Undertaker def. Big Show (14:30)

1000009986.jpg

If the pace was just a little quicker, this match would’ve been more enjoyable and not felt sluggish. But still it manages to be a decent match between 2 big powerhouses. Pretty early in the match, Undertaker brings a chair into the ring and Big Show punches the chair back into Taker’s face. Big Show then starts to wear down Undertaker and Taker gets cut open in the beating somehow. Undertaker fights back but very wearily. Eventually, Undertaker starts a comeback that looks effective. He low blows Big Show while the ref isn’t looking and hits a DDT next. Undertaker makes several attempts a Chokeslam and Last Ride but as you can imagine, that doesn’t happen. A-Train eventually runs down and gets on the apron, but Undertaker knocks him off and then hits a WrestleMania dive onto him and Paul Heyman on the outside! Undertaker goes back in, but gets a Chokeslam from Big Show. But as Big Show tries to cover him, Undertaker gets Big Show in the triangle choke. Big Show starts to go out and the referee calls for the bell. Taker tries to deal more damage to him with a chair after the match, but A-Train saves him and sets up that… just stellar Handicap Match at WrestleMania.

My Rating: ***

Match 5: 3-on-2 Handicap Match - Brock Lesnar & Chris Benoit def. Team Angle (13:20)

1000009987.jpg

Remember that time when Team Angle wrestled nobody for 13 minutes? Yeah, why did WWE book that? In all seriousness, this was originally going to be a 6-man with Edge teaming with Brock and Benoit, but he was attacked and injured backstage. Cole and Tazz can’t seem to figure out who did it. Gee, I wonder who it could’ve possibly been. In actuality, Edge was probably taken out because he they realized “oh his neck is fucked bro.” This match was actually really good. Given the talent involved, it probably could’ve been better. Brock goes wild on the other team. Unfortunately, this is where Kurt suffers his second neck injury, as he’s choking Brock, Brock sprints into the corner where Angle’s head whips into the corner. Benoit gets in there and throws everyone around with German suplexes, but after Kurt throws Benoit off the top rope, they were him down in their corner. Benoit eventually makes the tag to Brock though, who just cleans house. Benoit tags back in as Brock has Kurt up for an F5. Brock gets dropkicked by Shelton which sends Kurt over and Shelton sends himself and Brock over a moment later. Benoit tosses Charlie Haas around until Kurt comes in and they go through several counters between the Ankle Lock and Crossface, just doing what they do and wrestling a great match. Benoit takes Haas down in a Crossface. Brock tosses Shelton out of the ring while Kurt comes in to try and make the save, but he gets an F5 as Haas taps out. Really fun match, just feels like it was missing something… besides Edge.

Match 6: World Heavyweight Championship Match - Triple H (c) def. Scott Steiner (13:02)

1000009988.jpg

Just as a general rule for wrestling bookers… if a match sucked the first time, do not book a fucking rematch. These two had a terrible match at the Royal Rumble, so obviously, the thing to do is book a rematch for this show. I know HHH lost that match by DQ, but do the rematch on Raw or something and have it go MUCH shorter. Spoiler alert, their chemistry hadn’t improved at all. This match stunk and sucked the life out of what was an okay show. This crowd was behind HHH here and booed Steiner. Did Steiner do something to piss the entire country of Canada off or something? Steiner is very sluggish here too by the way. Hopefully the Deadlock boys don’t see me say this, but I hate watching Big Poppa Pump era Steiner matches. Flair eventually calls down Orton and Batista who just get their ass whooped by Steiner. Steiner has to fight off everyone in Evolution. He throws Orton over the top rope onto Batista (which was more Orton than it was Steiner) The referee argues with them outside while HHH comes in with the title and hits Steiner with it and then a Pedigree to retain the title.

My Rating: *

Match 7: Steve Austin def. Eric Bischoff (4:28)

1000009990.jpg

This is more of a moment than it is a match, but damn what a moment it is. Austin’s return match after walking out of the company several months earlier. Jim Ross, who had his head crushed by Bischoff on Raw, comes out to commentate this one match and fuck is he loud. I love it. Bischoff tries to say “we can talk this over” but Austin tackles him and lays into him with punches. Splashes some lemonade in his face and hits 3 Stunners before officially covering him and winning the match as Jim Ross screams into his headset. Austin gives Bischoff one more stunner for good measure.

My Rating: **1/2

Main Event: The Rock def. Hulk Hogan (12:10)

1000009991.png

Every great movie has its forgotten or lesser known sequel. Perfectly describes this as the reaction most people have when you tell them Rock and Hogan had a second match is “really?” And its for good reason. This match kinda sucked. Thankfully it only goes 12 minutes and I know The Rock’s back was killing him from carrying this match. For real, everything good about this match is The Rock and nothing from Hogan. I know Rock is a heel now, but it’s nowhere near as good as 2003 Hollywood Rock. Rock hits a Rock Bottom pretty early in the match and Hogan kicks out. Rock whips Hogan with his own belt, but Hogan gets it a moment later and whips Rock with it. Hogan uses a steel chair halfway through the match and the ref allows it. But it makes sense at the end of the match. The Rock hits 2 People’s Elbows and Hogan kicks out of it. He hulks up, does his whole shebang and hits the Legdrop. But as Hogan is covering Rock, the lights go out. And when they come back on, the referee is facedown on the ground near the chair. Vince the old freak comes out to distract Hogan while the ref (Sylvain Grenier by the way) nods to the Rock and slides him the chair. Rock nails Hogan with the chair and hits Hogan with another Rock Bottom to win the match. Boring ass match.

My Rating: **

Cagematch Rating: 5.89

My Rating: 5/10

This show was okay, better than I expected it would be. But that’s the nicest thing I can say about it. It had a couple matches worth checking out, but that’s it. The match where Austin kicks Bischoff’s ass for 5 minutes was entertaining. But this show also has 2 matches which really sucked the life out of this show. Not worth the PPV money.

Next time: No Mercy 2006… yeah, I don’t have a clever transition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skyefire and Chris

Jarf

Reaction score
No Mercy 2006

1000007151.jpg

Match 1: Matt Hardy def. Gregory Helms (13:15)

1000009993.jpg

A decent match to start the show as we have 2 hometown guys facing each other. It starts with both men trying to outwrestle the other and get the better of the other, but it’s a pretty back and forth match for the most part. I didn’t find this as interesting as other cagematch users apparently did but its still decent. They hit all their moves against each other (a few multiple times in fact) with none of them able to beat the other. Helms hits Hardy with a Shining Wizard but Matt kicks out. So he picks Matt up on the top rope, but Matt pushes him off and stands up on the top. But Helms pulls his leg out and Matt lands crotch first on the top rope. Helms hits an enziguri off the top rope with Matt still crotched. But Matt still kicks out. Helms attempts to low blow Matt with the referee not looking, but Matt catches his foot, and hits a Twist of Fate to win the opener.

Match 2: WWE Tag Team Championship Match - Paul London & Brian Kendrick (c) def. KC James & Damien Sand- I mean Idol Stevens (9:45)

1000009994.png

The worst part is that I probably remember more than most from this era due to growing up with it and I have no memory of KC and Stevens as a team at all. Most generic team ever getting a title shot on PPV tells you right away they aren’t winning. Michelle manages them while Ashley manages London and Kendrick… Man, seeing Ashley at all just makes me sad. London and Kendrick have to carry this match because their challengers are green as hell and have a default CAW moveset. The heels take control of the match after pushing London off the top rope to the outside on the floor! London eventually makes the hot tag to Kendrick, who bumps his opponents with dropkicks and forearms. KC gets to hit a superplex on Kendrick, but London makes the save. Michelle saves the match for her team by placing KC’s foot on the bottom rope. After she gets involved again, Ashley goes over to put the boots to her. Really sweet finish! Kendrick hits a double dropkick on the challengers, sending Stevens out of the ring. Kendrick hits a Sliced Bread No.2 and gets on all fours so London can leap off his back and hit a shooting star press. Kendrick covers KC to retain their titles.

My Rating: ***

Match 3: MVP def. Marty Garner (2:38)

1000009999.jpg

MVP comes out looking like the smuggest piece of shit, then calls out his opponent… Marty Garner… I don’t remember, but was one of the perks MVP got was picking his first opponent? Cause that seems to be what’s happening here. He just plays with Garner the whole time. Garner gets 2 punches but MVP just beats him up like a meanie and then hitting the worst finisher ever, The Playmaker to win his debut. Let’s move on.

Match 4: Mr. Kennedy def. The Undertaker via DQ (20:43)

1000009995.jpg

I thought this was gonna suck. But this match was actually decent. It just gets ruined by a bad ending. Definitely went too long but that’s my only other complaint. I enjoyed the story here. Mr. Kennedy thinks he’s the biggest star in the company and Undertaker is like “what the fuck did you say boy?” Undertaker beats the hell out of Kennedy here. He is just on him this whole match. And the best part is, no extending periods of time with Kennedy laying on Undertaker. It’s great. This whole match is pretty much Undertaker beating up Kennedy and whenever Kennedy gets some momentum going, it’s snuffed out by Taker. Kennedy survives and gets lucky shots on Taker throughout the match, taking advantage of the mistakes Taker makes. Kennedy hits a piledriver and Michael Cole loses his damn mind saying “he hit the Tombstone Piledriver.” No… It was just a normal piledriver, calm down. Kennedy even hits the Kenton Bomb, but Undertaker kicks out. And its this point where Kennedy goes outside to grab his title (because he was the US Champion during this match). Undertaker hits him and picks the title up himself and hits Kennedy with it, causing the DQ. Undertaker picks Kennedy back up, hits the Tombstone and then hits the referee with one too.

Match 5: Falls Count Anywhere Match - Rey Mysterio def. Chavo Guerrero (12:12)

1000009996.png

I saw some really harsh ratings for this match on cagematch and I couldn’t believe it because I thought this was really good. Yeah, the match is a big brawl. But it makes sense, because these 2 hate each other. It doesn’t take long for the match to go outside the ring, They go up the stage and into the crowd and that’s where the rest of the match is. From here, they just brawl and have 2 spots at the end. But it makes sense and is still enjoyable. Because these 2 are supposed to hate each other. Rey hits a 619 around a railing to Chavo and then goes up that same railing and hits a crossbody on Chavo and covers him on the floor to win the match.

My Rating: ***1/2

Match 6: Chris Benoit def. William Regal (11:25)

1000010000.jpg

Holy shit, I loved this match. This is Benoit’s return match after taking a 5 month break. This match also wasn’t booked before the show, which kinda makes it weird Benoit was even there since he wasn’t booked. At least Regal was aligned with Booker so you could see why he was there. I don’t think they went over what they would do before going out there because these 2 just shot on each other the whole match it seems! They beat the actual fuck out of each other. It starts off with standard wrestling. Benoit busts Regal open the hard way by headbutting the shit out of him! He german suplexes him and then hits another headbutt from the top rope really making me cringe. Benoit even chops Regal’s open wound later in the match! Regal gets just as rough though and kicks the shit out of Benoit too, causing him to bleed from the mouth. It’s just a really rough match. Benoit eventually tries to get the Crossface on Regal, who tries his best to stop it from being applied but Benoit locks it in and gets Regal to submit.

Main Event: World Heavyweight Championship Fatal 4-Way Match - King Booker (c) def. Batista, Bobby Lashley & Finlay (16:55)

1000009998.jpg

And to end the night, a match I find to be underrated because this was a really great match. Benoit vs Regal is probably still my favorite but this was a good to end the show. And every man feels like their playing a different key role in the match. Booker the champion who just wants to remain on top. Batista, the man who wants back the title he was never beaten for. Lashley, the rookie who wants to cap off the year by winning his first world title. And Finlay, the sneaky and crafty veteran who wants to win it for the first time. And when I say Finlay is sneaky and crafty, I mean just that. He uses Booker to his advantage at first, double teaming Batista and Lashley before turning on Booker. Lashley throws Booker and Batista out of the ring, and kicks a chair back into Finlay’s face after he brings a chair in. Lashley sets Finlay up for the Spear, but Hornswoggle comes in from behind, low blows Lashley and Finlay hits him with the shillelagh, but Booker saves the match. Batista comes back in, takes Booker and Finlay both out which leaves him in the ring with Lashley. They have a small hoss fight which results in Batista getting cut open. Lashley throws Batista out and then Finlay. Booker comes back in with a Book End. Lashley kicks out, so Booker attempts a Scissors Kick, but is stopped by Finlay. Coming down to the end here, Batista comes back in and hits all 3 men with a Spinebuster, picks Finlay back up and hits a Batista Bomb, but from off screen, a tired Lashley bowls Batista over with a spear which allows Booker to crawl over and cover Finlay to retain his title. I really liked this match and is an underrated 4-Way Match.

Cagematch Rating: 5.90

My Rating: 8.5/10

Really don’t know how this show isn’t rated higher. Not the greatest show in the world but it’s still really good, at least in my opinion. Every match was decent to great, apart from MVP’s match, but that was but a blimp. Hell the one part of the show I’d consider bad that I didn’t talk about was when Miz was given a blind striptease by Big Dick Johnson for his birthday… yes, that happened here.

Remember the Royal Rumble 2015? Time for the show that had to follow that one. Fastlane 2015.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skyefire and Chris

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You know, maybe once you are done with this, you should take these posts and make a book out of them. This is such a HUGE project and ambitious. I think it could be great

Reactions: Skyefire and Jarf

Jarf

Reaction score
You know, maybe once you are done with this, you should take these posts and make a book out of them. This is such a HUGE project and ambitious. I think it could be great
Its a cool idea, but I'm not sure how I'd go about doing that

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Its a cool idea, but I'm not sure how I'd go about doing that
I am a published academic writer. I was also an editor in collge for our academic journnal. If you decide to do it (no pressure, only do it if you want), I would be happy to help you.

• Wow

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Oh plus I am a very minor celebrity in the YouTube horror community. I have a lot of connections with people who have a lot of connections. It could lead to something.

Jarf

Reaction score
Oh plus I am a very minor celebrity in the YouTube horror community. I have a lot of connections with people who have a lot of connections. It could lead to something.
I'll have to think about it