Report: WWE Still Wanted Jeff Hardy After TNA Return, Indictment

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

Best thing for him in TNA would be the less harsh drug testing the the lower schedule. His body would have turned to shit if he continued how he was with WWE, and it's best that he goes to a TNA or something so he can still wrestle, but not turn his body to shit for his future.

Yea, the best thing for Hardy's future is more time on his hands and no drug testing.

Double J

Reaction score
...One, the comparisons you make about Vince taking WCW discards and turning them into stars while TNA takes Vince made talent and really doesn't do anything with them. Val Venis is still running the same, tired gimmick he had 10 years ago, Angle's the same. Jeff Hardy is the same. I'm certain Kennedy will still use the same tired catchphrase, or what he can legally use, the way Angle does.TNA hasn't made one single bankable talent on their own, ever....

First off I grew up on WWF/E and right now am a bigger fan of TNA and want TNA to succeed. That being said as of right now I don't believe TNA is a big threat to WWE since....well it's the WWE. Look at how much money they have and the Global product they have while TNA is getting their foot in the door on this scale of business.

But I will agree slightly with Enigma, TNA has the power to make new stars. You mention Jeff Hardy, Val Venis, Angle, Kennedy. These guys are past Main Eventers of the WWE, they're already well known. I take that back on Venis, he wasn't a main eventer but still well known. Why would TNA change these guys? Why give them a gimmick when their name alone draws? People are going to pay/watch to see Jeff Hardy, not a Will O' Wisp remake.

It's like when Diesel and Razor Ramon went to WCW, they dropped the names since they had too but the characters were practically the same. They had the same finishers, Hall kept the toothpick and accent and sayings. Lex Luger, Macho Man, Hogan, all stayed the same when they came to WCW except for just being updated some.

Austin, Jericho, and others that became big WWE stars where the guys you really didn't know or care about until the WWE gave them a gimmick that sold (besides Jericho, he just became bigger in WWE).

TNA has the same capabilities that WWE has for making WWE rejects bigger stars. AJ Styles, Matt Morgan, Joe, and Daniels are all WCW/WWF rejects. They all wrestled for one or both of those companies and were let go. Granted most of them did get their name out with RoH but it was TNA that made them well known. TNA is trying to do the same thing with guys like Elijah Burke and Nigel McGuinness (again he started with RoH but half of you said you never seen him wrestle until TNA).

TNA has the ability to make new stars, it just all depends on if they will continue too or are they going to go down WCW's path (once again) and only push the older guys again. Will AJ Styles ever be as big as Austin, probably not, same way Cena and possibly Orton will never be as big Austin and HHH, it was all timing. But Styles or Burke could eventually be as big as Cena if TNA plays their cards right behind the scenes and don't make the same mistakes WCW did.

Yea, the best thing for Hardy's future is more time on his hands and no drug testing.

lol That was funny, hopefully this run with the cops will make Hardy grow up and smarter. Now whether smarter means stop doing drugs or just don't get caught is yet to be determined.

Axis

Vince McMahon would be Blue for signing back Jeff Hardy during Linda's campaign for Congress. I'm going to ignore at least that part of the report, as there is no indication to its truth other than "SOURCES~."

Great One

If the WWE didn't consider TNA competition, they wouldn't have removed Hogan and Foley from the start video. Sorry, that's the truth.

Also, the reasoning for WWE still wanting Hardy (i.e. because they consider TNA a threat) makes absolutely no sense either, which has already been implied before.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Pettiness doesn't have anything to do with taking the other company seriously.

Airfixx

If the WWE didn't consider TNA competition, they wouldn't have removed Hogan and Foley from the start video. Sorry, that's the truth.

Nah....

Whether it's petty as MS says or not... "Everybody's got a price"... Vince is having a dig at Hogan 'punching' well below (what Hogan perceives to be) his 'weight'.

Besides, they usually remove guys from that sequence when they sign for another company... Angle & Booker for example.

Great One

Angle and Booker were on there? And by that matter then, if they really didn't care and didn't consider them any sort of competition, why would they even bother to try so hard not to advertise them?

Airfixx

Angle and Booker were on there?

Were. Yes.

And by that matter then, if they really didn't care and didn't consider them any sort of competition, why would they even bother to try so hard not to advertise them?

Try so hard? ...It's a few minute job for a decent video editor... And given the sloppy job they did dubbing Dibiase's voice over Hogan's says to me they didn't even bother getting a decent video editor on the job.

If anything it's about the guys they're removing, not TNA... If they cannot be seen at the beginning of every WWE show then the casuals will forget they exist...

IMO, it's kinda routed in the same shit as no-compete clauses and having exclusive names for their wrestlers as they bring them in.... They don't want the guys benefiting, however slightly, from the WWE hype machine unless they're WWE alumni or current guys.

IF Kennedy had made it into that sequence, I'm pretty sure he'd have been removed before before his 3-months was up.

Great One

Hogan was wrestling at other promotions and had his falling out with Vince long before WWE. Even Foley was appearing at other promotions. As well as Booker (although I don't remember him being on there). None of the first two were removed until recently, when HOGAN showed up in TNA, both Hogan and Foley got removed. There's a reason for that, you can create all the excuses and claim it's 'pettiness' all you want, but the facts don't lie. And by your second to last paragraph you prove my entire point, if TNA wasn't any real competition then how could they even benefit from the "WWE hype machine"? The fact that the WWE had to prevent this, shows that they acknowledge what Hogan's, Foley's, etc. name value (which admittedly, they created) can bring and are obviously bitter about the fact that they jumped ship to their competition.

Kizza

WWE don't see TNA as competition. If they thought Hardy was a major star, they would have given him the HBK/Taker schedule.

TNA have too many guys on this light schedule too. Sting, Steiner, Jeff, Nash, Angle are the ones off the top of my head. Three of them would be considered top guys. And I would go see a show just for Kurt Angle.

Reaction score

Also, the reasoning for WWE still wanting Hardy (i.e. because they consider TNA a threat) makes absolutely no sense either, which has already been implied before.

Umm they don't fear TNA. They removed Foley and Hogan because it's smart business to not give away free advertising. WCW gave away free WWF advertising and lost about a million viewers in 30 mins. Vince isn't stupid. But even after it had been announced Hogan would be on TNA, WWE shilled the shit out of the Hogan DVD, but because there was money to be had. No money in a 30 sec. clip.

TNA have too many guys on this light schedule too. Sting, Steiner, Jeff, Nash, Angle are the ones off the top of my head. Three of them would be considered top guys. And I would go see a show just for Kurt Angle.

Most of those dudes are under Spike contract, they are more of "tv product" than touring product. Even considering the few and far between house shows, TNA is a light schedule regardless.

Kizza

That's another Blue thing TNA. They always acknowledge WWE in everything, or drop terribly obvious hints. They were in abundance at Genesis, even with the commentary saying Taz had been in sports entertainment a few years back, saying VINTAGE and other stuff littered among other episodes. Although WWE is a worldwide brand, it's still publicity.

Great One

Umm they don't fear TNA. They removed Foley and Hogan because it's smart business to not give away free advertising. WCW gave away free WWF advertising and lost about a million viewers in 30 mins. Vince isn't stupid. But even after it had been announced Hogan would be on TNA, WWE shilled the shit out of the Hogan DVD, but because there was money to be had. No money in a 30 sec. clip.
Quote where I said they fear TNA. Never. I was just tired of people saying TNA aren't competition to the WWE, when if they didn't merit as any competition to the WWE they wouldn't have made that, OBVIOUS business move, to remove their former stars from their opening intro. It doesn't add up nor make sense to me.

Reaction score
^^ Sorry fella, meant for it like they "don't fear TNA as competition", but whatever. They don't. They removed them from a 30 second clip because it's free advertising for TNA talent. A viewer sees that and wonders, "hmmm, I wonder what Foley or Hogan is up to these days" without ever having heard of TNA, they google it or something of that nature and bam! TNA has a new viewer courtesy of WWE advertising. It's a preventative move rather than an admission of competition status. Are you aware of how many viewers WCW lost giving free publicity to WWF and basically let them back into the war when they were so close to putting them out of biz? That's how it adds up.

Great One

I dunno, I understand that, but that to me seems like they would at least consider TNA to be competition if they were to even contemplate making those sort of moves (to prevent them from gaining viewers). Isn't that what a competition is sorta about? I mean, if it wasn't a competition, why would they be trying to avoid losing or giving TNA viewers? =/