Report: WWE Still Wanted Jeff Hardy After TNA Return, Indictment

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

When Jeff Hardy made an on-air return to TNA even with news that he had been indicted on drug related charges, many initially assumed that the two were directly related.

Some speculated that because WWE would not want to use a wrestler
in the wake of a public indictment, Hardy’s only real option was TNA–any interest he had in the company was amplified.

According to a source, however, the idea that WWE did not want Hardy could not be further from the truth. Sources say WWE officials were in constant contact with Jeff Hardy on January 5th with the hope that he would change his mind and return to WWE.

WWE’s apparent interest in overlooking the PR backlash of bringing Hardy back is being taken by some as an indication that the company is not totally writing TNA off as irrelevant. If the company believed Hardy working for TNA posed absolutely no threat, its willingness to subject the company and Linda McMahon’s political campaign to media heat would not have existed.

And who says WWE is not considering TNA's rise against them as being a threat...after this news...think again.

Kizza

Best thing for him in TNA would be the less harsh drug testing the the lower schedule. His body would have turned to shit if he continued how he was with WWE, and it's best that he goes to a TNA or something so he can still wrestle, but not turn his body to shit for his future.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
And TNA needs to recognize that opportunity with the schedule and run with it and that alone could interest others that could make them huge. All you have to do after that is just do them right on air and there you go. Good point though.

Kizza

I would love him to feud with heaps of guys on the roster.

Homicide, Kaz, AJ again, Joe, Red, Guns, Gen Me could all put on fun matches, and a well rested Jeff can help much more than the other surprises from the Jan 4th edition.

Reaction score
And who says WWE is not considering TNA's rise against them as being a threat...after this news...think again.

And WWE didnt think of Hogan or Bischoff as threats, and try and buy them out as well? I don't think they were that worried about Jeff being a threat with TNA, I think they just wanted him back.

I think its probably good for Jeff to be in TNA. Just less schedule etc.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
And WWE didnt think of Hogan or Bischoff as threats, and try and buy them out as well? I don't think they were that worried about Jeff being a threat with TNA, I think they just wanted him back.

I think its probably good for Jeff to be in TNA. Just less schedule etc.

Vince is not stupid. He knows as much as he will not admit it that getting people like HHH, SCSA, and others from WCW in the early years is exactly how he got to where he is with them. Also in that, if TNA does the same and gets just a few great names, they too could repeat history and like WWE take out WWE with a page from their own history over WCW.

And with Dixie's relatives behind her, what is a salary for a talent acquisition when her fathers company brings in billions which they could still write off those salaries because they can just list them as investments.

Again, with the two above considering concepts combined, yes, IMO TNA does see this if not as a threat today, a definite possible down the line sooner or later and for all business related reasons.

Airfixx

^^^Difference is, whether you're right or wrong about those guys saving WWE, Vince made them stars... Doesn't translate to Jeff at all.

WWE want payback for the time/money/heat invested in his 2008/2009 push. Can't blame them.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
^^^Difference is, whether you're right or wrong about those guys saving WWE, Vince made them stars... Doesn't translate to Jeff at all.

WWE want payback for the time/money/heat invested in his 2008/2009 push. Can't blame them.

Well that is my point exactly, he made them stars, but he got those soon to would be stars from WCW and like WWE and Vince, TNA could do the same thing if the timing and talent is right and how they use them. Vince did well on that note but likewise TNA could very easily do the same and with that ease of schedule concept, I would use that to no end to get talent and win them over.

The downside of a better health in the long run is much better than the downside of money that if you die you won't have anyways.

The Rated R CMStar

I don't think it's WWE concerned about a big name going to competition. I mean, after all, how many big names Vince allowed to leave to WCW. Airfixx said it best, they want to cash in on the big push they gave him and are yet to capitalize. I will go and say Jeff Hardy really betrayed WWE by going to TNA, cheap, cold, betrayal.

The Rated R CMStar

BTW, I don't think TNA will keep that fancy schedule for too long.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Yeah, that is what they said about that schedule years ago and yet they still have something better than WWE so maybe, maybe not. And when HHH, Jericho, and SCSA were in WCW, they were sub par at most and once in WWE, Vince repackaged them along with some ideas of their own like SCSA wanted to do in WCW but was not allowed and the rest is history.

With that, whose to say the same thing can't happen in TNA with one of their released sub par talent like Kennedy ala Anderson, Jeff hardy, or Val Venus.

Reaction score

They're not. Like the Fixx mentioned, they just wanted their investment back, they've nothing to fear from TNA. You take away the 1.9 rated hour they got while Raw wasn't airing their rating falls to a 1.3 at best.

You're a good poster Enigma, but your wrong about alot of things. One, the comparisons you make about Vince taking WCW discards and turning them into stars while TNA takes Vince made talent and really doesn't do anything with them. Val Venis is still running the same, tired gimmick he had 10 years ago, Angle's the same. Jeff Hardy is the same. I'm certain Kennedy will still use the same tired catchphrase, or what he can legally use, the way Angle does.TNA hasn't made one single bankable talent on their own, ever. Their booking team has more failures on their hands than successes. TNA is trying to make money off these dudes because they were in the WWE and they do it too obviously. Until TNA changes this mentality they'll never, ever be able to do what Vince did with WCW discards. It's not even arguable, they proof is in the putting.

About Dixie: she isn't as in control as you'd like to believe. I've been over this plenty, if she had as much money backing the promotion as you think she does, she'd be the one footing the notes on all the big name talents, not Spike. They don't even want to take the financial risks of regular touring. She's just a slight-money mark at best.

I know you love TNA Enigma, but there just isn't anything there yet to even consider them legit competition. They're managed quite poorly, booked even worse and the money behind them that isn't Spike's has so little faith in them that they don't even tour on a regular basis. If there was more Panda money involved, they'd do what's necessary to promote their company and get it more exposure, and that doesn't include just touring, but advertising outside the free spots Spike provides. Going live every week is step in the right direction, but how much use is it if they're in the same place week in week out?

WWE has nothing to fear about TNA since it's ran more like a common TV show and not like a national wrestling promotion as it's facade suggests. They have too much talent and not enough time and too many internal and business problems of their own concern that they are far off from even competing. But, and that's a huge but, they can get some momentum, scrap the junk booking committee and get some exposure outside their realm, then maybe in 2 or so years we might have a war.

Airfixx

Well that is my point exactly, he made them stars, but he got those soon to would be stars from WCW

'Soon to be WCW stars' like SCSA who was fired by fax by Bischoff cos he didn't know what to do with him? ...You fail.

Terra-Rizing destined for big things with WCW too was he? ...You fail.

...Bring up Mick Foley & Kevin Nash too why don't ya? :roll:

Tell me, where does your faith in TNA making stars come from exactly?

Waits for some kind of contradictory comment regarding TNA making AJ or Joe stars (rather that 'stealing' them from ROH.).

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, that is what they said about that schedule years ago and yet they still have something better than WWE so maybe, maybe not

Then again, TNA was still taping 3 shows on Mondays and talent getting practically the rest of the month free. Hogan wants to go live permanently, and you know they will, which combined with the fact that by TNA growing, they will start touring more and having more and more house shows, next thing you know TNA will be running the same schedule WWE has.

ScottyShowman

Reaction score
That was a great move on TNA's part Undertaker John Cena Jeff Hardy those are WWE's biggest draws. TNA picking up Hardy was HUGE.