Report on WWE's Interest in Top TNA Stars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Recent online reports have suggested that WWE is interested in signing several talents from TNA once their contracts with the company expire. Courtesy of PWTorch, here is a breakdown of the rumored names and if WWE is interested:

* Rob Van Dam - WWE is interested in bringing him back.

* Matt Morgan - WWE was interested in Morgan last year but he chose to stick with TNA.

* Bully Ray - WWE has shown some interest in the former Tag Team Champion. No word yet if they're interested in bringing Ray back with Devon as Team 3D.

* The Pope - Officials were interested early last year when he was being pushed but not so much anymore.

* Samoa Joe - There is no interest from WWE.

* Ink Inc. - There may be some interest in bringing back Shannon Moore down the road but Jesse Neal is viewed as a developmental prospect at best.

* James Storm and Robert Roode - WWE had interest last year in bringing Beer Money in as a tag team but word is that they're not interested in bringing the former TNA Tag Team Champions in as singles wrestlers.

LOP

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Seems like a really half assed report when stuff like they were interested in Pope when he was being pushed but not now. Doesn't make any sense since either way it's not like he has name value for it to matter if he's getting pushed or not. But of all those guys I would like to see Samoa Joe in WWE the most since he is just dying in TNA and has been for a couple years now.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
There's two I'd like to see back in WWE and that's The Pope and RVD.

No point bringing back Team 3D or Beer Money when they've split up and given the fact Matt Morgan hasn't done anything in the past 5 years.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Big fan of Matt Morgan tbh, hes exactly what WWE need, a young 'big man' style wrestler.

Also would like Bully Ray (in his current character) back.

Deuce

Reaction score
I'd like to see Matt Morgan, RVD and even 3D back in the WWE. 3D could wreck the tag team division, Morgan could have some decent mid-card fights and RVD can go to the main event and have some decent matches against people like CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio and even Kane. I'd put 3D and Morgan on Smackdown and put RVD on RAW, I think those would be the perfect brands for those guys. I wouldn't mind seeing Pope in the WWE as long as they gave him a decent push, not like when he was Elijah Burke in the WWE, that sucked.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
No way WWE would have zero interest in Joe. Imagine a stable with him and the Uso's.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Don't see anyone on this list being big stars. Hell WWE has already had half of them but I think Morgan and Roode would fit their style.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
What I don't get is why do WWE need more stars?

How about utilizing the Tag division, midcarders and the under-card, adding all these people will just hurt the midcarders.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
RVD ... Yes, already cover my opinion
Dudley's ... Yeah, let them go out on that stage and have one last run
Beer Money ... Sure as a tag team but not singles
Elijah ... Meh either way as he has potential but an attitude
Morgan ... Yeah they need talented young big men, not Zekes
TBP ... Yeah as Beth and Natalya are fucking horrible drones
Ink Inc ... Fuck that shit
Joe ... Depends on if he is a fat ass or not

Would not be surprised to see them watching Jeff and if he can stay clean as he is the biggest asset they could get from TNA period

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm really disappointed that there is no interest for Samoa Joe. He's awesome and really deserves to finally be in the company. Hopefully Austin can convince them that he be a great fit for them. Other than that, I don't really care who joins although I really don't want Bully Ray. I've never really liked that guy and people in the back certainly don't like that. Hopefully Randy Orton still has power to make sure guys don't get hired or fired and doesn't let this happen. Cue Orton buried joke.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Bully Ray is a waste. There isn't a thing special about him. Yeah he can kinda talk but his in ring work is exactly the same as it was back when he was in WWE and back then they were nothing special. Now he's just older but still the exact same guy. Leave him in TNA. Plus him and Devon already had their run. That team is as stale as year old bread.

Beer Money would have been a very good team to bring into WWE though. Young, talented, motivated, they had the look. As singles... well yeah not really needed.

The Pope, all Elijah needed was a workable gimmick and this one... whatever it is... works out for him. So why not? he still has the skillset.

Samoa Joe... the problem I see with Joe now... he just seems fatter and lazier than he was before. Before he woulda and coulda been a good asset to have but now... he just doesn't seem to care anymore and its like why bother with him? Unless he gets himself back in the shape he was before when he actually had some speed and passion... he wouldn't be worth anything to WWE.

RVD... eh. He would only be worthwhile for a short run. Short part time run. So... yep. RVD... meh.

Matt Morgan... yeah he has kinda found his stride now but he is still nothing impressive. Still nothing to get excited over. He needs a big test run in TNA...I mean Impact Wrestling... before it can be seen if he would be any good back in WWE.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Bully Ray's match with A.J. Styles at Slammiversary is better than every other match in his career and I'm discounting the TLCs on purpose because the spot monkeys should get credit for those matches.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm going to keep on saying it till im blue in the face, but Matt Morgan is a fucking star waiting to happen.

Deuce

Reaction score
I'm going to keep on saying it till im blue in the face, but Matt Morgan is a fucking star waiting to happen.

Correction, a WWE star waiting to happen.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler