Report on Why Alex Riley Lost His Push on RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
As eager as dirtsheets are to report what they deem inside information, allowing them to take almost anything as fact, it's not impossible for them to be right. Who's to say guys in the industry don't leak info for their own political means.

That is, if someone is pushing for a program with a particular wrestler, "leak" the rumor that the WWe is considering that feud or storyline, and if there's a big buzz over it, the WWE might feel inclined to run with it. Someone's career is stalled, maybe leak an actual story of what's going, heck make shit up and then pretend you're not denying its veracity to get yourself discussed on the internet.

Tired of someone's politics backstage hindering your career, or at least believe that guy is holding you back somehow, spread dirt about him to the interwebs reporters.

I don't think it's exactly a revelation that not being on of the boys can sometimes make for a tough road for a wrestler. Whether or not people think the Ultimate Warrior was and continues to be a total jagoff, he wasn't known for being one of the boys. I"m sure in some ways, that made things harder for him, but in other ways, it's how he found his success.

It's believable enough. But at the same time, Riley could easily be the one pulling a work on the dirtsheets for some free publicity.

Trying to get free publicity by attacking Mr.Poster boy . I dont think thats a good choice .

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It just shows how childish the company come be and how ancient some of it's techniques are. Riley should have just shut up and dealt with the ribbing from the top star, if true, but then again talking back shouldn't have ruined his career.

He is another that managed to get himself more over than anyone could have imagined during that Miz feud where he become one of the top faces on RAW because of it and WWE also hate people that create their own fans, look at Zack Ryder, so that could have been why he was depushed.

Reaction score
Riley's spot right now was predictable, even without the rumors of backstage politicking or behavior. Who knows what the entire story really is. Maybe Riley got a bit full of himself after that initial push and started acting like a prima donna.

But throw all that out and I think he still would be where is right now. He has a look that the WWE likes, has a physique. However, I think that's all he really had going and it wasn't enough to really get him over like a Ryback.

He was riding a predictable high from that face turn on Miz. That's all story that causes that, much like the initial push that a new character may get on TV. It's not going to last, not even if you can somehow keep coming up with more storylines to keep fans interested in the stories.

At some point, the character and performer has to connect with the fans on a level where they care about the guy, whether he's turning on some jerkass champion, or whether he's running around with a snake sock puppet on his mitt.

Riley just hasn't done that yet. While he was on RAW, he never really stood out as a great enough talker to get over. I think his problem is that he's still green and doesn't have enough charisma yet or an insane enough body or wrestling style to really get over yet.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Riley wasn't over? If I remember correctly the guy got epic pops ever since his face turn. Heck in April I went to a house show and he got one of the pops of the nights.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Like him or not, I think Riley at least deserves another shot. Great look, competent on the mic, just not very good in the ring. He reminds me of Darren Young but with a bit more promise.

Just a thought, though. What happens if The Miz turns face like it seems he might? Riley being over for lashing out at him will be kinda moot.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I do think right about now is a good time to see what Riley can do, give him another chance. With Miz being IC champ, they could rekindle that feud, which got Riley over as fuck in the first place.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
FCW is full of guys who are ready both on-mic and in-ring to get elevated to main roster and have an impact , so even if riley gets "future endeavoured" i wont mind . There are already alot of "green" fucks on main roster .

Andy

Reaction score
Goes to the show the maturity of all parties involved. How narcissism leads to the downfall of others is just pathetic. I've waited patiently for them to do something great like push Ryder again, or push Riley or DiBiase again, but things like this are just ridiculous. I mean, for the sake of the pride of one man.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Goes to the show the maturity of all parties involved. How narcissism leads to the downfall of others is just pathetic. I've waited patiently for them to do something great like push Ryder again, or push Riley or DiBiase again, but things like this are just ridiculous. I mean, for the sake of the pride of one man.

To be fair, DiBiase was getting a pretty decent face push compared to how he was being used before he turned, but then he got injured.

Andy

Reaction score
To be fair, DiBiase was getting a pretty decent face push compared to how he was being used before he turned, but then he got injured.

True, but then he returned, wasn't used particularly well, got injured again, and now I've read he's back wrestling at house shows as of last week. Sucks though cause he had so much potential, especially during his segment with Orton while he was debating whether or not to hit Orton back when Orton was slapping him near the end of the Legacy stable.

Reactions: 1 person

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

BLAME THIS GOOFBALL.

:Cena2:

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
ill sum it up in 2 words......................who cares. lets be real at best riley is a mediocre speaker and below average in the ring.props to swagger for getting that bum up for the gutwrench.you could hear in the post match interview how lifting his loafy ass nearly exhausted swagger.if riley gets future endeavered who cares theres 18 people more deserving in fcw to take his spot.

Reactions: 1 person