Report on Why Alex Riley Lost His Push on RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
never forget him attacking the wrong guy on nxt

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
lol Yeah Riley isn't exactly the brightest but I'm kinda with KIF here this is coming out late as fuck.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
There was the Rumble where he got eliminated before he was supposed to cause he didn't stay on the apron. I remember Miz was out on commentary and Riley been gone for a good few minutes and he was like... yeah taking care of yourself like look at Riley in there... and he been gone. Botched it.

Riley just has work to do. He had the perfect push but he wasn't ready for it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
So WWE formally punishes young wrestlers who don't abide to childish ribbings in the locker room?

Even if it was Cena, that just reeks of bullshit.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So WWE formally punishes young wrestlers who don't abide to childish ribbings in the locker room?

Even if it was Cena, that just reeks of a normal locker room .
Fixed

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Ribbing has always been around not just in wrestling but football, basketball, etc. Vets do it to the young guys, they take it on the chin and move on.

AF.

Reaction score
That's a ridiculous reason to be de-pushed, but makes total sense with an organization like the WWE.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
In fairness the story does make it clear that this is only a rumour so I don't know why people are getting on the source for doing its job.

I am not the biggest Reily fan, but the guy had enough talent and room to grow to not be baried the way he has.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Riley is a below average worker and doesn't sell well. I think there is more to it but I don't really miss him. He's still young but let's not forget the two DUI's he has on him.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I would be fine with that argument if WWE didn't start pushing him in a big feud with the Miz and then totally drop him from Raw and ppv the next minute. Even give him the slow build from the start or not.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Are people still complaining about in ring skills... not everyone can be good in ring. Just saying lay off the in ring and look at the potential the guy can have for the company. This story seems legit imo. Although Riley's push could have been a multiple a things. DUI's mentioned before, Botching key spots I.E Royal Rumble 2011. So really it could be other reasons.

The one thing that throws me off of this story is that Riley was featured for the Cena- Show match at No Way Out, and not to mention this happened several months ago, and if I recall (Unless I missed something on Smackdown). What did Big Show do to Riley for him to come out and help Cena? Just saying some pieces don't add up.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
When asked on Twitter if rumors of him being in the dog house due to a backstage altercation with John Cena are true, Alex Riley posted the following on Twitter:

"I'd rather not comment about this... At this time."

I take that as the rumor is true.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much same way I took it so I guess dirt sheets actually got it right this time.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
All he had to do was discredit the dirtsheets by telling people to not believe everything they read, because there was no way Cena would confirm it on his account.

Reaction score
As eager as dirtsheets are to report what they deem inside information, allowing them to take almost anything as fact, it's not impossible for them to be right. Who's to say guys in the industry don't leak info for their own political means.

That is, if someone is pushing for a program with a particular wrestler, "leak" the rumor that the WWe is considering that feud or storyline, and if there's a big buzz over it, the WWE might feel inclined to run with it. Someone's career is stalled, maybe leak an actual story of what's going, heck make shit up and then pretend you're not denying its veracity to get yourself discussed on the internet.

Tired of someone's politics backstage hindering your career, or at least believe that guy is holding you back somehow, spread dirt about him to the interwebs reporters.

I don't think it's exactly a revelation that not being on of the boys can sometimes make for a tough road for a wrestler. Whether or not people think the Ultimate Warrior was and continues to be a total jagoff, he wasn't known for being one of the boys. I"m sure in some ways, that made things harder for him, but in other ways, it's how he found his success.

It's believable enough. But at the same time, Riley could easily be the one pulling a work on the dirtsheets for some free publicity.