Renee Young

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
http://www.wwe.com/inside/renee-young-exclusive-interview-26174693

So WWE.COM just posted a whole thing about Renee Young stating that she is best Interviewer since Mean Gean. Now, I'm a huge fan of Renee Young and she is really good but I think its too early to give her that title. I wonder if they're going to use this fan base she has to advantage and start using her more. Wouldn't be surprised if she gets some matches. And maybe some spots on Total Divas. Shes been doing some NXT commentary as well, I've heard. I wouldn't mind as she is really entertaining. Do you think she is the greatest interviewer since Mean Gean? I was a fan of Matt Striker and I really like Josh Matthews. Right now I'd say Matthews is the best they have. So are you guys fans? Do you think this may lead to some in ring stuff from her soon?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The best thing she has done has done was being ran down by Paul Heyman on an episode of SD! and most of that was her lookin' pretty while takin' severe insults. She has a long way before I take these claims seriously,

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Renee is good, but she hasn't really done too much other than stand there and look good on TV.

Striker was easily the best interviewer/color commentator the WWE had for quite some time. He was head and shoulders better than everyone else when it came to storytelling and I loved that he would not only call the moves in the ring, but would explain the adverse effect the move would cause on the opponent.

Matthews in good as well, but in a less is more kind of way. He simply called the action in the ring and did it well. He wasn't over the top obnoxious like JBL/King/Heel Cole. I actually miss the days of him and JR calling Smackdown.

So basically, yes Renee is good. She's pretty to look at and does her job admirably. And I would love to see what she could do behind the booth, but to say she's the best since Mean Gene considering Striker and Matthews were both better is a bit much.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It's just a typical WWE article trying to make their current flavours of the month / year appear amongst the best ever in whatever category they're talking about.

To be honest she is pretty awesome. She's great to look at, doesn't come off as wooden whenever she's on TV and when you hear her on NXT or any of the YouTube stuff she's featured in she always come across like she's having fun and enjoying what she's doing.

She may just crack the top 5, but if we're purely talking about backstage announcer then I would deffo put Coachman & Maria ahead of her currently and would have to check back through some other names too.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Yeah, it's from WWE.com so this almost shouldn't even be a discussion.

I do really like Renee Young though. Dale pretty much checked all the boxes as to why I like her. She has a good personality, is good to look at, and genuinely looks like she's having a good time.

They can compare her to Mean Gene all they want. The backstage announcer spot is hardly worthy of a heated and detailed discussion. She's good at her job, better than most WWE have had over the years.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't have anything against her. She does her job well but I don't know if she could do anything else as good. Next Mean Gene? Yeah, okay pal.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
People that say she's good are just ridiculous. Why? What does she do that's so good? First off these scenes are the most scripted on Wrestling. They have the oppurtunity to do multiple takes on these. She's got little on screen personality. She fumbles all the time and whoever does her make-up needs an IQ check as she looks Blue half the time.

Personal top interviewer since mean gene (and by no means better) Maria Harvard educated could play dumb to a T and then bring the smarts for a shock and actually had a character.

Renee is just the white female Funaki

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Fuck whoever says it wasn't this guy

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The topic has to do with the best since Mean Gene ... Coach is that guy

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I actually forgot all about Coach.

Good interviewer, great comedic heel

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Now if they said host, I would always recommend Todd solely for Byte This :mark:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Have only seen bits and pieces of her, but she seems decent, have to see more and over a long period to judge if she could have a long career in the role. Coach was always a hoot, mostly as a heel.

Hollywood is way off the mark to suggest that just because they are scripted that it takes no talent to be good at it, in the same way as there are good and bad quiz show hosts, the same applies here. Plus if you take that point to the extreme then there would be no good wrestlers.

Reactions: Dale

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WTF?!?!? People think Josh Matthews was good? He was just a Michael Cole clone and even had the frosted tips to prove it.
Renee Young being touted as the best since Meeeeeeeeeeeean GENE! isn't that giant of a claim to make. Also going to remiond you all that she hosts a show with Gene called Vintage Collection and they play off eachother perfectly. Renee "Young" plays her role perfectly and Hollywood/Coulson/whatever flavor of the month name he changed it too this month can eat shit for the terrible and problably trollish post he made.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Hollywood is way off the mark to suggest that just because they are scripted that it takes no talent to be good at it, in the same way as there are good and bad quiz show hosts, the same applies here. Plus if you take that point to the extreme then there would be no good wrestlers.

Yes then Hollywood does go on to mention how she flubs her lines and stammers the way a bad, not a good, quiz show host does. That applies here. Seeing as how this is the part of the show with the most ability to be reedited she must be pretty bad if they leave it in. If I were to point to the extreme? Nope just pointing to not the best since Mean Gene and I listed why