Releases

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean, it's still his personal social media and imo it's a bit weird to judge some cryptic tweets when he;s going through some shit and its his way of trying to process/tell people it's not booking related. i dont really think its his fault were a bunch of wrestling obsessed smarks who folloow everything on twitter or dirt sheets. but maybe im being too soft

This is fair, but he literally promised to "reveal all" which is really the egregious part to me lol At first he kinda did good to confirm it was some form of medical and not booking which was fine and most people assumed COVID but then then his others everyone was like "um okay maybe there's other stuff going on here" and I think it was (the name trademark shit) anyway so it wasn't even just health. That's a bit understandable too as legally idk if he could talk much I'd wager

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I can almost guarantee there's a bunch of those names you haven't even watched or seen and you're questioning why they fired them and kept a proven draw in Goldberg.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I can almost guarantee there's a bunch of those names you haven't even watched or seen and you're questioning why they fired them and kept a proven draw in Goldberg.

I don’t care if he’s a draw. You need to think about the future of a company. You can’t get rid of five superstars who are gonna work a full time schedule so you can pay an old man who wrestles 3 times a year.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
proven draw :heston there's 0 metric to say Goldberg moves the needle in 2021 afaik

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I wouldn't be surprised if he gave ratings a smidgen of a boost at least.

But also if he's someone that Saudis specifically want... then he's already paid for himself multiple times over, yeah?

Reactions: Dale

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I wouldn't be surprised if he gave ratings a smidgen of a boost at least.

But also if he's someone that Saudis specifically want... then he's already paid for himself multiple times over, yeah?
I mean on a return sure but thats like really any returning superstar of old, I have a hard time believing he does anything for rating or ticket sales long term though but hell, I could be wrong. if the saudis specifically want him thats all fine and dandy though, but then just bring him out for those shows :heston

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
tbf apparently the latest goldberg/lashley match was pretty good by all accounts

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I mean on a return sure but thats like really any returning superstar of old, I have a hard time believing he does anything for rating or ticket sales long term though but hell, I could be wrong. if the saudis specifically want him thats all fine and dandy though, but then just bring him out for those shows :heston
I mean, as I was saying earlier, WWE isn't like any pro wrestling company we've ever seen. They really aren't even a pro wrestling company, I'm sure you could argue. If their focus is on selling their content to networks and doing these Saudi propaganda shows and what not, then 10/10 someone like Goldberg is a lot more valuable to them than any collection of up and comers that the average Joe doesn't give a fuck about. Then there's the argument of well what do you do when no longer have guys like Goldberg? And I'd say that's probably where the WWE corporate machine comes into play. Despite steadily decreasing ratings and ticket sales they continue to bring in money like never before and they have the resources to present folks like Roman Reigns and Becky Lynch as the biggest stars to ever exist because of that, even if the conventional wrestling metrics don't reflect that they are. And maybe they don't care about having a plan in place after the Goldbergs and Cenas and what not are all gone either. Maybe they're just milking every bit they can out of these stars of old and cutting costs at every turn in order to sell the company anyways and then it's someone else's problem. There's plenty of possibilities. Anyways, I really do think that at the end of the day you can drag the WWE product all day long (obviously I think it fucking sucks lmao) and you can also criticize their treatment of talent, but none of us can say they don't know what they're doing when it comes to making money and running a successful enterprise.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don’t care if he’s a draw. You need to think about the future of a company. You can’t get rid of five superstars who are gonna work a full time schedule so you can pay an old man who wrestles 3 times a year.
Funny you jumped over the part where I said you hadn't watched or seen the majority of these names and yet you're still going to bat for them :mj

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I mean, as I was saying earlier, WWE isn't like any pro wrestling company we've ever seen. They really aren't even a pro wrestling company, I'm sure you could argue. If their focus is on selling their content to networks and doing these Saudi propaganda shows and what not, then 10/10 someone like Goldberg is a lot more valuable to them than any collection of up and comers that the average Joe doesn't give a fuck about. Then there's the argument of well what do you do when no longer have guys like Goldberg? And I'd say that's probably where the WWE corporate machine comes into play. Despite steadily decreasing ratings and ticket sales they continue to bring in money like never before and they have the resources to present folks like Roman Reigns and Becky Lynch as the biggest stars to ever exist because of that, even if the conventional wrestling metrics don't reflect that they are. And maybe they don't care about having a plan in place after the Goldbergs and Cenas and what not are all gone either. Maybe they're just milking every bit they can out of these stars of old and cutting costs at every turn in order to sell the company anyways and then it's someone else's problem. There's plenty of possibilities. Anyways, I really do think that at the end of the day you can drag the WWE product all day long (obviously I think it fucking sucks lmao) and you can also criticize their treatment of talent, but none of us can say they don't know what they're doing when it comes to making money and running a successful enterprise.
oh i certainly agree with all of that of course, I don't consider them a wrestling company either so yeah. It certainly is what it is and I can't disagree with you that if they think it helps them create more valuable content to sell down the line, then it's worth the investment. you're not wrong at all either, their interest is to make as much money while spending as little as possible. its not to produce good wrestling or cater to anyone or anything outside what they think is valuable media to sell at a profit.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
but I guess then following line of thinking to me is why the hell does anyone watch this crap knowing this :heston

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
but I guess then following line of thinking to me is why the hell does anyone watch this crap knowing this :heston
Habit and ease of access mostly I think. And then you got some people who just like it which I struggle to comprehend but it is a thing evidently.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP