Reigns still draws more than Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Expeliarmussbraaa24

Reaction score
Both times Punk showed up on AEW, he drew the same rating they were getting before he debuted. He couldn't even get AEW to beat the worst Raw rating. Blood and Guts got a 1.09 million and a CM Punk episode of dynamite got a 1.17 million.Reigns draws 2 million weekly. Do you think with Bryan they will get to 1.4 million like before?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Were you expecting one man to double the Dynamite rating? That being said, Punk's two episodes are in AEW's top 5 rated shows they've done.

Expeliarmussbraaa24

Reaction score
Both times he showed up on AEW, CM Punk drew the same rating they were getting before he debuted. He couldn't even get AEW to beat the worst Raw rating. Blood and Guts got a 1.09 million and a CM Punk episode of dynamite got a 1.17 million Even the first episode of AEW has that same rating.Reigns draws 2 million weekly.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Let's not forget that it's still the WWE, the largest wrestling/sports entertainment company on the planet for over 20 years. The fact that AEW is anywhere CLOSE to their ratings is a fucking shame for WWE. They don't need to beat the ratings right now, them viably competing in the first place is astonishing.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
CM Punk packed an NBA stadium on days notice on just the whispers he might be there.

The days of doubting that Punk draws is over.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think a major factor to consider is that SmackDown is on FOX which literally anyone with a TV can watch for free, It has 95.77% reach. TNT is a cable network. That said, AEW drawing upwards of 1m is an accomplishment, whilst SmackDown barely cracking 2m is sign of decay and disinterest.

Expeliarmussbraaa24

Reaction score
Let's not forget that it's still the WWE, the largest wrestling/sports entertainment company on the planet for over 20 years. The fact that AEW is anywhere CLOSE to their ratings is a fucking shame for WWE. They don't need to beat the ratings right now, them viably competing in the first place is astonishing.
He didn't even beat AEW's highest number. I don't see how they're competing when AEW can't draw 1.4 million viewers (like they used to) even now with Punk.Long way to 2 million viewers.

Expeliarmussbraaa24

Reaction score
I think a major factor to consider is that SmackDown is on FOX which literally anyone with a TV can watch for free, It has 95.77% reach. TNT is a cable network. That said, AEW drawing upwards of 1m is an accomplishment, whilst SmackDown barely cracking 2m is sign of decay and disinterest.
Smackdown "barely cracking 2m is a sign of disinterest". And AEW declining from 1.4m to 1.1 is even worse. I thought Punk would bring them there again.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
He didn't even beat AEW's highest number. I don't see how they're competing when AEW can't draw 1.4 million viewers (like they used to) even now with Punk.Long way to 2 million viewers.
What my fellow mod said.

A company that's been around for less than 5 years is literally knocking on their door. WWE's rating have been on a steady decline, the hype around wrestling in general coming out of the pandemic is helping them coast. AEW has been slowly rising and keeping their ratings in a consistent range. And let's also look at press, media and mainstream notoriety, because save for the Make-A-Wish stuff, AEW DAMN sure has them beat in all of those categories. Also let's be real, neither Roman nor Punk are the only reasons for either company having whatever ratings they have, it's a collection of factors.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Smackdown is less Reigns drawing and more just the WWE brand and Fox I would think, honestly.

Although I do think he's dramatically improved as a performer. I just don't think anybody is really a consitent draw right now. I don't think you can deny that Punk definitely has some pull considering he was not even confirmed for Rampage and it still cracked over a 1 Million.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
AFD591-A3-EC79-4300-8-BA0-AC31-D378-BB83.jpg

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Also I find that TV ratings are pretty misleading in this day and age. It's still good to look at them to see, but there was a lot of people who saw Punk's debut through YouTube or will have watched it days after. You never get the full picture anymore because there is so many ways to watch now.