Regal wants World Heavyweight Championship before he retires.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
SmackDown Superstar William Regal, who has been announcing and wrestling on NXT as of late, says he wants a World Heavyweight Title shot when WWE returns to Liverpool, England later this year. He wrote on Thursday:

“Trying to think if Teddy Long owes me a favour.I need to get a World Championship match on Smackdown on Liverpool. Maybe the last chance I have of becoming the first English World Champion in front of WWE’s loyalist fans.

Some people are saying I’m passed it.Maybe so but @WWE,look at it as charity.Give an old rogue a chance.â€

Regal later re-tweeted a ton of feedback from fans supporting him getting a title shot and wrote:

“I normally never retweet about wrestling,WWE or me(I don’t need to because I’m so over anyway)so sorry to everyone who it’s driving mental. I just want @WWE to take notice.Give back to your loyalest fans(and purely selfish reasons as I want to be the first British World champ).â€

At a live last November in the UK, Regal announced to the crowd that would be his last tour because he is retiring soon. Regal will apparently be sticking around long enough for this year’s tour, probably longer. Regal is under contract to WWE until 2014 and in addition to his recent work on NXT, he has worked as an announcer in FCW.

--------------------------------------------------

I would really love it if he was given a short WHC, I've always loved him as a wrestler and he's one of the few technical veterans in the business. There is a style from him that's always clicked for me, would you mind if he became WHC?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be delighted if he became WHC. He's certainly an underrated legend

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'm quite surprised no British has held the belt in the WWE. Like seriously?

I'd love it to be him (Now Regal is a face), he could then face Barrett who could just rip it into him and have an English feud. Oh how I wish!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Regal is one of those that I wouldn't mind if he were to hold the belt... even if it was just for the show, a week, or whatever. He is one of those rare talents that can do all kinds of things once given a chance. There were a couple of times it looked like he was on the fast track to doing something big but he messed up. But this time he... I dunno.

I mean the chances of him winning it is almost non existent. But he is extremely talented in the ring and could be a good first British world champion.

TheZig

Reaction score
His ring psychology is brilliant, But he is past it now. I'd like to see him hold the title but i don't know where that would fit in with current storylines and all. Maybe he could get a win on a house show in England and vacate it? Still adds to his list of accomplishment, My uncle has had a drink with him in the pub in i think the 70's haha and hes amazed what he's done since then.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
If his title shot happens in Liverpool, all hell will break lose if he doesn't win the belt. I'm gonna be there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Regal's, he has been a great pro for WWE and WCW before that. He has had a good career, and should be in the wrestling business for a number of years to come in different roles, but no I don't think he should win the World Title. Of course if he did I would I would be happy for him, but as a wrestling he is long past his best, and right now is semi-retired so I don't see it working. They should have done it years ago, it is too late now. He should just be happy with the career he has had, and look forward.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He should get a title shot but he shouldn't win it. It would be a great night if he was given the title shot in Liverpool and they built it up like WWE did many years ago when Flair was given a title shot against HHH when they were both in Evolution. It would be a bad idea if he wins it though, I like Regal a lot but to 99% of fans he is a nobody who simply announces on NXT. Giving him the title would be a massive step backwards.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
He should get a title shot but he shouldn't win it. It would be a great night if he was given the title shot in Liverpool and they built it up like WWE did many years ago when Flair was given a title shot against HHH when they were both in Evolution. It would be a bad idea if he wins it though, I like Regal a lot but to 99% of fans he is a nobody who simply announces on NXT. Giving him the title would be a massive step backwards.

I'd rather him not get a title shot then if he isn't to win. No matter Heel or Face British fans love Regal and if he were to get a title shot in his home country only to lose it people would be seriously pissed.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Why would they be pissed? He never even wrestles on Smackdown so him even wrestling on Smackdown would be a bonus for the home crowd. Wrestling for the World title would be a massive bonus but the home fans can't honestly expect Regal to defeat Orton for the title. Maybe a few years back when he was a regularly wrestler on RAW but he is a commentator now and only part time wrestler so him winning the title would be ridiculous and if fans seriously expect that then they are delusional. They should be happy seeing him get a title shot.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I suppose not. But if he lost a match against Orton, I personally would be pissed lol.

Aniking

Reaction score
My thoughts are simple - give him a title shot, don't give him the title.

I'd love to see one of his final matches be a shot for the World Heavyweight Championship. I like Regal too and it'd be a great send off if he was to compete in a world title match, but that's as far as it should go. I don't see the WWE winning at all by giving him a title reign, even if it's a very short one.

If he was to get a title shot, I think the match should showcase him strongly, but in the end he is beaten.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Yet Jobber of the year 20 some odd years running Mark Henry has a shot at NOC and people are predicting and wanting him to win. They can get Regal over in an angle and it'd be easier cause he has skill