Regal wants World Heavyweight Championship before he retires.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
This sounds like Miz/Lawler to me. Lawler, a fan favorite and WWE Legend never got his "Chance" So was given a few WWE Title Shots. Never ended up winning, but hey, it made the fans happy. I can see them doing this with Regal a few times before he settles to the Announce Table. Which I think is a perfect place for him, by the way. I love hearing him on commentating.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Troy I still think the live audience would be pretty pissed if Regal didn't win the title shot. Yeah sure it'd be good that he got a shot but you really don't know how appreciative UK fans are of Regal and we wouldn't want any other outcome them him winning. Imagine CM Punk being a great star but never winning the title until one day he gets a shot in Chicago, if he lost it there would be a riot. Regal or Riot imo, fuck Orton.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yet Jobber of the year 20 some odd years running Mark Henry has a shot at NOC and people are predicting and wanting him to win. They can get Regal over in an angle and it'd be easier cause he has skill

WWE has spent close to a year building Henry. This is a one off match. Situations are completely different.

Troy I still think the live audience would be pretty pissed if Regal didn't win the title shot. Yeah sure it'd be good that he got a shot but you really don't know how appreciative UK fans are of Regal and we wouldn't want any other outcome them him winning. Imagine CM Punk being a great star but never winning the title until one day he gets a shot in Chicago, if he lost it there would be a riot. Regal or Riot imo, fuck Orton.

Again if it was a one off shot with no build up where Punk hadn't been on tv for months and before than was losing every match they wouldn't expect him to win and they wouldn't riot. In all honesty I doubt any wrestling crowd would riot because people aren't that feral these days and realise that this is an entertainment show.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Yet Jobber of the year 20 some odd years running Mark Henry has a shot at NOC and people are predicting and wanting him to win. They can get Regal over in an angle and it'd be easier cause he has skill

Easily said, It can be done.

Remember Swagger. Jobbed fucking hardcore before winning WHC out of nowhere, nobody expected it. Now he is in mid-card hell... but still..

I'd rather have Regal contending but not winning.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But Swagger was on tv regularly before that title win and he had been winning matches. Regal hasn't wrestled a singles match other than on NXT for a long time and he hasn't won for even longer. For me to believe Regal winning the title he would first have to start wrestling on Smackdown every week and winning matches. Then after a few months, if he has actually beaten enough big names, maybe then he can be considered worthy of winning the title.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd have Regal on Smackdown ASAP for this to even happen, make him like a threat to even maybe winning Royal Rumble.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
They could still build him after NoC if Henry loses. That's what, a month and a half build?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah wouldn't take long to get him to that point.

But wheres this timeline. Troy you say it took Henry a year to get to wear he is. Don't remember reading a retirement date anywhere.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I never referred to a Henry retirement I simply meant that Henry was built up slowly throughout the entire year to show that it has taken time to make him a credible threat to the champion. Regal needs to be built up before it is believable that he can beat the champion.

On Henry retirement news there was something posted earlier this year that (I think) mid 2012 is when his contract expires and he is going to retire then.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Henry said it on the Circle (TV Show in Australia) that he retires sometime in 2012.

Good move, Regal could be easily pushed

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am in the minority here. I just really can't see it happening at all. I can see him getting a title shot but I can't see him winning it.