Recommended Albums / Playlists

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
We all have an album or a playlist that you absolutely love so much, that you want to recommend our fellow members to share your taste of music, no matter what genre it is. Whether it's a familiar classic that we all love and also want to introduce them to others for the first time. Or an under-the-radar, less known, independent, etc., album/playlist that's it's so good, that it's a must recommend to everyone or certain people.

This thread is exclusively for just that. If there's a album or playlist that you recommend to all, please feel free to share them here.

Here's the album I recommend to start this thread:

Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud

This album is the first album by Townsend that introduced me to the atmospheric, angelic wall-of-sound and the productive talent that made me a fan of his work. Since then I've listened to 11 more albums by him and his bands. Awesome stuff by him. :)

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Strange Pleasures by Still Corners. This is one of those albums that just took my breath away the first time I heard it, it's easily my most played album in 2023. It's pretty much perfect to me. The dreamy, otherwordly sound to it, the mesmerizing vocals, and really nice lyrics to top of off.

The Trip could go down as one of my favourite songs ever. I literally have listented to it every day since I discovered it and I still haven't got tired of it yet.

It's one of those albums that would go perfectly paired with a long car drive.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Strange Pleasures by Still Corners. This is one of those albums that just took my breath away the first time I heard it, it's easily my most played album in 2023. It's pretty much perfect to me. The dreamy, otherwordly sound to it, the mesmerizing vocals, and really nice lyrics to top of off.

The Trip could go down as one of my favourite songs ever. I literally have listented to it every day since I discovered it and I still haven't got tired of it yet.

It's one of those albums that would go perfectly paired with a long car drive.

I've download the album to my Spotify. Can't wait to listen to the album.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Stranger in the Alps - Phoebe Bridgers

This is a really lovely album. Phoebe is quite a new artist to me, I discovered her a month or so ago and it was pretty much one of those scenarios where she was everything I was looking for. It was like a light bulb flicking on, and she's quickly become a fast favourite of mine. Incredible voice, amazing lyrics and a lot of songs which feel really deep and meaningful. It has a very cozy, warm vibe to it even though a good chunk of the lyrics can be pretty tragic at parts. There's a lot of great songs to recommend here but if I had to pick three I'd go with Motion Sickness, Smoke Signals and Scott Street.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Stranger in the Alps - Phoebe Bridgers

This is a really lovely album. Phoebe is quite a new artist to me, I discovered her a month or so ago and it was pretty much one of those scenarios where she was everything I was looking for. It was like a light bulb flicking on, and she's quickly become a fast favourite of mine. Incredible voice, amazing lyrics and a lot of songs which feel really deep and meaningful. It has a very cozy, warm vibe to it even though a good chunk of the lyrics can be pretty tragic at parts. There's a lot of great songs to recommend here but if I had to pick three I'd go with Motion Sickness, Smoke Signals and Scott Street.

You should check out boygenius since you like Phoebe Bridgers. It’s her band with Lucy Dacus and Julien Baker, who both very good solo artists as well.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Last night I created a Classic Country playlist listing my personal favorite country songs:

Unfortunately, you won't find any Garth Brooks songs on Spotify, so that's a bummer.