Recently Returned Star Being Advertised For WWE's Extreme Rules PPV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
According to WWELiveTour.com, so far Brock Lesnar is being advertised to appear at the Extreme Rules PPV on April 29th in Chicago. Lesnar is also listed to appear on the April 9th edition of RAW in Washington
DC and April 23rd edition of Raw in Detroit.

For more information, click on the below links.

WWE.com: WWE presents Raw SuperShow
WWE.com: WWE presents Raw SuperShow
WWE.com: WWE presents Extreme Rules

I'm sure more dates will be added soon but there's the confirmed/advertised dates so far. I can't wait but I'm not sure if he will wrestle already in just 3 odd weeks time at Extreme Rules. Either way, I'm excited for his return.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Didn't he sign a one year deal?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
It's a one year deal rumored to be in the $5 million range -- will last through next year's WrestleMania at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey. There, he will assumedly take part in a huge match-up with tons of mainstream press behind it. Up until then, he is obligated to make a minimum of at least two appearances a month plus an additional number of appearances during the build to the Mania PPV and obviously, Mania 29 itself. The belief is that Lesnar will make in the area of 30-35 appearances over the next year, although WWE would have the ability to negotiate additional appearances with him above and beyond that - if Lesnar is willing to make them.

For those of you who are wondering how The Rock plays into this, well, he certainly needs someone to challenge for the WWE title one day....

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I couldn't imagine them doing the same thing with Brock that they did with Dwayne, announcing the match with him and Cena for Wrestlemania 29 for the sake of long build. It'd be funny be damn frustrating, I'm a Cena fan and I want Lesnar to kill him Extreme Rules.

Lewb

Reaction score
So the way this is setting up.... it's a good bet that The Rock will win next years royal rumble?

rcoot93

Reaction score
Can't see him wrestling this soon they need to make a big deal out of it like they did with the Rock, if he does start wrestling expect a winning streak

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't see him wrestling this soon either. It would be too rushed to go from return to wrestling again in four weeks. WWE need to wait a bit longer and get a storyline in place for his inring return because it will be massive and it will be a huge draw. I definitely see him wrestling at SummerSlam because it is one of their big four PPVs. If they are going to get him to wrestle before that they simply need a good enough story and reason behind it to get as many people to buy the PPV as possible. Honestly though whatever PPV he returns at I am buying.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd like to see him actually wrestle on most of his Raw appearances.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Can't see that happening unless you want to see him in quick squash matches.

As for PPV I would think that Brock vs John this early while it would be great for that PPV you would think that they would want to be prepared better for it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It would make more sense to build a Lesnar feud with wrestling. Rock talking for the half year last year worked, that is not going to work with Lesnar.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Thing is with lesnar... you can't just give him any ole opponent to start off with. It has to be someone with some name value. Plus gotta advertise the hell out of it to help give Raw that boost in ratings cause Raw has been getting average numbers for the past year. They need a boost and Brock wrestling on Raw would provide that boost but if its against someone like Zach Ryder... who in the hell is going to care?

Cause we know he is going to fight John Cena at a future PPV... and it is going to be a big PPV... not one of the minor ones. Either SummerSlam, Survivor Series, or Mania. So there is plenty of time to build that feud. I'd say let him fight like Cody, Big Show, just someone with some name value that way the match won't seem like just a complete waste.

Shoot... Lesnar vs. Miz. Miz could hype the crap out of it. He was the one that won the match for team Johnny. He is finally doing something. He still has a name. he was one of the two for Rock's return match at Survivor Series, former WWE champion, ... Miz/Lesnar would be good for a ratings boost, get things going, just... yeah. 2/3 weeks ahead of time the match is announced and Miz hypes it up, gets a couple wins in the upcoming weeks, then boom... match time.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm really at the wait and see phase here. I'd really like to see him wrestle again, but who knows what level he is at right now.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I could see Lesnar being in someone's corner as an enforcer role or something along those lines. I too doubt he will wrestle this soon, but I really hope I'm wrong.

It would make sense to build his actual "wrestling" return for a while, I just hope to God it isn't WM29.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Kinda like idea of Miz feud but if Lesnar is facing Cena down the line, Miz seems like a weird opponent. Someone like Show or even Ryder would make more sense.