Reading other's BTBs, do you enjoy it?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you enjoy reading BTBs?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chessarmy

Do you enjoy reading other's BTBs or do you take it as a chore so you can get reviews for your own show? For me, it depends on who's writing the BTB. If the storylines are well thought out and all the wrestlers are in character, then its fun to read. But if the promos are "im going to kick ur ass u fuckin bitch ass mother fucker" I honestly see it as a waste of time.

you?

Switchy

Reaction score
Poll could've had more options considering your answer isn't even a yes or no but I do agree with your opinion.

I'm not gonna name names 'cause I'm not the kinda guy who does that but then I can read some peoples matches and be hooked like I'm watching a match and really enjoy the read but then on the other hand I can read matches done by certain members (most who I think have left now) and read their matches and think "How much long is this gonna last?" or "WTF am I doing reading this, surely I got better stuff to do" and no disrespect to the writers but that's my true and honest feeling at times.

Promo's are different, about 80% of them are readable because as long as they fit in with the show there can't be much wrong with them unless you got a guy like Kane going miles out of character saying he's scared of Rey Mysterio or some shit like that (Ok, maybe Iexaggerate a little...) and then there are some real amazing promo's by guys on here that makes me stop and think "This promo can't get much more realsitic" and can picture in my head the guy in the promo saying those words and it all making sense.

As for the short promo's you mentioned, most are a waste of time but if they are pulled off correctly they can be good promo's and help make the shape for the rest of the show.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I'd say that I do 9 times out of 10. Lately though I just wanted nothing to do with BTBing.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
If I review a show more then once, then I enjoy it. I don't care if they review mine or not if I don't like it, why do I need to review it especially when they don't listen to the criticism you gave in the first one. I might still read it just to see if they get better but after a few lines if I don't see improvement I hit the Back arrow and go elsewhere.

Edit: This isn't an insult to bookers lately as I just have been swamped so there is shows that I do like but only reviewed once

-TJ-

About every 8 of 10 i would review, would be because I might like their storylines, but for some reason, a certain big overrated btber's btb :shifty:, I never really enjoyed reading. I don't know why, only like two matches and a few promos would grab my interest.

seX-Power

No. There are some minor exceptions where I actually like reading a show and some where I don't mind but it's not really fun for me and some where I review out of respect and not for fun. Don't take it personally, I'm just a lazy fucker.

chessarmy

so, not to completely bury the section or anything but, if nobody likes to read and there aren't many reviews given out lately...isn't that what could to lead to BTB's demise? I'm not saying all of you need to love reading shows, but this section is stuck in a rut. Nobody reviews other shows because they're too lazy, thus not many new BTBs are created because they know their shows won't be reviewed.

At least thats how I see it. I'm looking for a second forum to post by shows on, if I can't find one I'm not sure what the point of doing this will be

seX-Power

so, not to completely bury the section or anything but, if nobody likes to read and there aren't many reviews given out lately...isn't that what could to lead to BTB's demise? I'm not saying all of you need to love reading shows, but this section is stuck in a rut. Nobody reviews other shows because they're too lazy, thus not many new BTBs are created because they know their shows won't be reviewed.

At least thats how I see it. I'm looking for a second forum to post by shows on, if I can't find one I'm not sure what the point of doing this will be

Well I don't find reading a chore or anything but it's usually not what I would call fun. However, usually I still will do it when I have time so please don't go accusing me (idk if you were or not).

-TJ-

I know people read my shows. Hence the 40 views with every show i post. 10 being my own. XD

chessarmy

Well I don't find reading a chore or anything but it's usually not what I would call fun. However, usually I still will do it when I have time so please don't go accusing me (idk if you were or not).

I'm not accusing anyone, I'm just pointing out that the section isn't going to improve while its in this status (that being nobody wants to review because reading BTBs is boring)

Switchy

Reaction score
Well it's up to people if they want to review or not, I prefer reading on its own and not having to review tbh because reviewing itself kinda takes the fun out of reading it because rather than enjoying the matches, you find yourself having to look out for flaws to put in your review.

I mean so what if people don't review, it's their own decision. It may not help the section but then if they don't wanna help the section by reviewing they can still help it some other way by writing their own shows or helping other bookers in the lounge or any shit like that so everyone pretty much does something for the section (except me, I just drop in with my opinion from time to time).

chessarmy

I don't know, I'm sorry if I'm bitching or complaining a little too much, I just remember the good ol' days of this section and how fucking active it was. Nobody went 2 hours without a review, it was amazing.

oh well, all good things must come to an end I guess...

Switchy

Reaction score
Nah, I see what you mean and everything, but making threads and all this imo isn't going to fix anything. Since the start of the new IWF btb has had many highs and lows, this just happens to be one of the lows and I'm pretty sure that in a month or two that if you, Andrew and Levi stick around as well as the current guys (maybe a few up and comers) then the BTB section should be at the point we all expect it to be at.
Who knows, there may even be my return sooner or later, not that it'll make much difference lol...
:p

The Leviathan

Reaction score
It's enjoyable to read BTB but on my side, I can only most read BTB's during weekends. The reason why I liked reading this stuffs are the storylines and stuffs.