reactions during entrances

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hbkfan

Reaction score
ok so i was watching raw the other night and it seems to me the current wwe superstars dont seem to be getting much of a reaction at all weither there heel or face. other than the vetrans like taker cena orton hhh the crowds just seem dead to me. i know wrestling isnt the same as it was in years past but the reactions just dont seem to be there much is it me am i just making to much of this.

Reaction score
Won't be long until they use canned heat. There is reactions, its just minimul. Cena, Taker, HBK, HHH, Orton and Edge always get best. Mysterio, Punk, Christian, Jericho always get good reaction. If Jeff was there imagen the how wild the crowd would go, his pops were insane.

maty619

Reaction score
Also, the reactions are shit to finishers, especially from Cole, he can be watching any mid carder and see them do their finisher and he really understates the move that has been executed, pisses me off.

Reaction score
The WWE need an announcer that put the wrestlers over before they come down. Howard Finkel, JB and Lillian Garcia. If their was an announcer like that type would make the wrestlers have an amazing reaction.

Reaction score
Yeah man at this point guys like kofi and John Morrison should be getting craz face pops and guys like drew mcintyre, Jack Swagger and Sheamus should be getting crazy heel pops

Reaction score
Alot of it depends on the town they are in. New York is always awesome, but alot of other large cities SUCK. Smaller, midwestern towns are always good and so are towns with rich wrestling heritages like St. Louis, cities in Texas and North Carolina. But in general the pops are down for most midcarders because they haven't been given a reason for the crowd to care about them.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Much like Enzo said, it just depends on the crowds, I know that whenever the WWE comes here the crowd reactions are amazing. But that may have more to do with the amount of shows that come through. But places like St. Louis, KC, Baltimore, most places in Texas and Chicago usually give pretty good reactions.

The last house show I went to Drew actually got a great deal of actual heat.... *gasp*

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
ok so i was watching raw the other night and it seems to me the current wwe superstars dont seem to be getting much of a reaction at all weither there heel or face. other than the vetrans like taker cena orton hhh the crowds just seem dead to me. i know wrestling isnt the same as it was in years past but the reactions just dont seem to be there much is it me am i just making to much of this.

It really depends on a few things:

Sometimes, that city just has a shitty crowd. The UK crowd seems to be fucking bored all the time.

TV doesn't exactly pick everything up. When you go live, it's a different experience and everything is much louder than it seems on TV. When I went last week, Cena was getting fucking booed HUGE but it didn't see like much on TV.

Wrestling has gotten a lot dumber over the years.

maty619

Reaction score
It really depends on a few things:

Sometimes, that city just has a shitty crowd. The UK crowd seems to be fucking bored all the time.

TV doesn't exactly pick everything up. When you go live, it's a different experience and everything is much louder than it seems on TV. When I went last week, Cena was getting fucking booed HUGE but it didn't see like much on TV.

Wrestling has gotten a lot dumber over the years.

That's coz they always go down south, if they came to Manchester people would be going absolutely crazy.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
The only superstars that get a pretty decent reaction are Cena, Orton, Undertaker, Jericho, and Triple H.

It doesn't help that WWE edits the crowd on Smackdown so you can't even tell half the time who gets pops and who doesn't.

I would say 80% of the entire WWE roster gets the same reaction no matter who they are because the live WWE audience nowadays are nowhere near the audiences they had during the Attitude Era and up until I would say 2006.

noumenon

Reaction score
Who the fuck else is there to really care about aside from those mentioned. It's perfectly understandable when we're being force fed guys like Drew. Don't forget WWE's audience has also shifted to about 80% kids at live shows and parent who really don't give a shit, so the shit they're going to be cheering for is vastly different from what we're hoping to see. Ever notice whenever we're marking out the audience is in a complete lull.
And yeah, location has a lot to do with it. Honestly most shows should just be in NY since we're always the best crowd. Boston also gets pretty good.

Reaction score
I think it's funny when you watch a Raw from like 10 years ago or so and you can barely see the crowd because nearly everybody was holding up a poster or a sign. Now it seems only a small minority of fans bring anything like that to the arena.

Just another microcosm of what's been discussed in the thread so far.