Raws new IC Division

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
Wow well if they do what they can how good am I? I made a thread a few weeks ago about having an international IC division...look at Raw midcarders who will probably be in the IC title hunt.

Marella- Italian
Umaga- Samoa
Regal- England
Super Crazy- MExico
Jeff Hardy- America
Daivari- Iraq

Now that is some diverse backgrounds there and I think it would work out great. We all know what can happen when a bunch of talented IC division stars are in a big match, its great. If this occured, when they had the big 6 man match it would be incredibly good. You got techincal wrestling with Regal, highflying with Hardy and Crazy, the CW type styles of Marella and Daivari, and the powerhouse style of Umaga. Now I know only Regal and Daivari have mic skills but the others can still pull a promo and it would definetly work. Its a good way to push all these guys with a good entertaining storyline, and with your heritage in the feud it can get really personal really quick with the right heel promos/actions.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
yeah i definetely agree with u, it would be awesome having a world competition for the IC, hopefully this is going to happen

PeepShow

I definatly agree with you too. Theres only one difference. I cant stand SuperCrazy. He just makes me wanna switch the station every time I see him ont TV. I have no clue why, he just does. But everything else, I agree w/. Go Jeff!!!!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Daivari is Iranian for the record.

You can tell because he speaks Farsi on tv and not Arabic.

The Ripper

Reaction score
It will be really Intercontinental if they do stuff like that and it might bring back some credit to the title

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
The IC Division is going to be awesome for the next couple months....but there 2 men who I really think should carry it..A)William Regal:Back when he was IC champ in 01 he was at his best and no doubt he will be at his best again on his run on Raw....B)The Sandman....I am a huge Sandman fan and I know that with the proper push,he will get it done.He is already over and to all of you haters....trust me he doseent need weapons to have a good match.

Wordlife

sandman is cool, and i believe that the IC title is gonna take over some good time and space on raw, imagine if daivari won it too lol...but i agree with anyone else who said this already... GO JEFF

Defiant One

Reaction score
Something like this is needed to bring crediblity back to the Title after Santino won it, so i'm all for it. They have to do something to breathe life into the IC Division, and with the draft and the new feuds, something like this is something they should look into doing.

Oasis

Reaction score
This looks great, any idea that brings Regal toward some gold is fine with me.....

TK-Walker

Reaction score
Do a tourny with

Marella-
Umaga-Winner

Regal- Winner
Super Crazy-

Jeff Hardy- Winner
Daivari-

Shelton Benjamin (Give him african gimmick) Winner
Rene Dupree

Regal - winner
Umaga

Shelton
Jeff-Winner

Regal
Jeff

William Regal Wins the title

3lions

Reaction score
^ lol

Yehh I love the new direction of the IC division and would like to see WWE highlighting the fact tat all those challengers are from different Countires. Afterall, it is the IC title, so that sort of thing should be emphasised on TV.

As for Sandman, I don't rate him at all and don't want to see him in the IC division (unless he is there to help someone else's push).

Kingpin

Reaction score
The IC championship, really was'nt much of a Diverse Cultural Belt..Its more like The US title, just the secondary title in Wwe..well this case Raw. One Thing I remember back in Wcw, which I wish Wwe would pick up is in the case of the Us title, if you won it you got a shot at the World Championship. It would provide some good television for Smackdown...and decent Storylines because think of the past Us Champions and Current, Kennedy, Benoit, MVP, Guerrero, Show...ect..ect...

tommyboi65

Reaction score
Wow well if they do what they can how good am I? I made a thread a few weeks ago about having an international IC division...look at Raw midcarders who will probably be in the IC title hunt.

Marella- Italian
Umaga- Samoa
Regal- England
Super Crazy- MExico
Jeff Hardy- America
Daivari- Iraq

Now that is some diverse backgrounds there and I think it would work out great. We all know what can happen when a bunch of talented IC division stars are in a big match, its great. If this occured, when they had the big 6 man match it would be incredibly good. You got techincal wrestling with Regal, highflying with Hardy and Crazy, the CW type styles of Marella and Daivari, and the powerhouse style of Umaga. Now I know only Regal and Daivari have mic skills but the others can still pull a promo and it would definetly work. Its a good way to push all these guys with a good entertaining storyline, and with your heritage in the feud it can get really personal really quick with the right heel promos/actions.

Intercontinental means within the Intercontinental United States..

What you're talking about is something like the European Championship. Which I was sad to see go..As the two men who fought first for it were Davey Boy & Owen..

Truth

Reaction score
Okay...INTER within, CONTINENTAL all the continents. It means all over the world, the United States title is what your thinking, not one bit does this title mean within the united states your definition does not go with its name.

Well as we saw last night Regal and Marella had a confrontation, with Regal calling him the Italian. Is it a hint? I hope so.