RAW Ratings Breakdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Rainman said:
There's really 3 people on here that hate this storyline... and neither of us want AJ.

-I think she's that girlfriend we all had as teenagers who was really hot and gave great sex, but was terrible to date and you always have to be paranoid about her, and eventually you just had to break up with her. She's just not worth the trouble.
-Dolph's just doesn't find her that hot, and on TV that's really all you can go on.
-GrammarNazi82 is probably straight.

We're also the older people on here (throw Cloud in the mix too, he hated that on Raw too) Guess the key to us understanding that story is to invent a time machine (and to turn GrammarNazi) to turn back to our teen years.

That happens? :urm:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
There was no point in my lifetime where I would have found this storyline entertaining, and it has nothing to do with how attractive I find (or don't find) AJ to be.

Reactions: Snowman1

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I hate how you think this storyline is based on looks Rainman. If I cared about the hot women on RAW I'd love the divas division. Ironically, I have my piss breaks and snack breaks whenever a divas match appears. If it doesn't, I use Tensai or Big Show. I don't think AJ's hot at all really, I wouldn't say no, but her attractiveness has nothing to do with mine and most others opinion on the storyline. I honestly think you overrate looks on RAW, I doubt any boy/man cares who's hot or not on RAW any more since there's the internet.

Age has nothing to do with it either. It's obviously opinion based. Those who like it probably like the uniqueness of the storyline and like how well AJ is being used to bring out Bryan and Punk's character. Those who hate it obviously don't like the fact AJ is between two of the best wrestlers in WWE and the feud is more or less centred around her (which it's not if you look into it).

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I hate how you think this storyline is based on looks Rainman. If I cared about the hot women on RAW I'd love the divas division. Ironically, I have my piss breaks and snack breaks whenever a divas match appears. If it doesn't, I use Tensai or Big Show. I don't think AJ's hot at all really, I wouldn't say no, but her attractiveness has nothing to do with mine and most others opinion on the storyline. I honestly think you overrate looks on RAW, I doubt any boy/man cares who's hot or not on RAW any more since there's the internet.

I don't really care about looks, and I don't care about this storyline.
There are plenty of people who love her looks on the Raw thread. More times than not, they are the ones who enjoy the storyline.

Really just trying to put 2 + 2 together to continue the conversation along.

The storyline itself... I just felt like I was missing something from the start. I like the TNA equivalent of this, but couldn't get into this one.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Rainman said:
I don't really care about looks, and I don't care about this storyline.
There are plenty of people who love her looks on the Raw thread. More times than not, they are the ones who enjoy the storyline.

Really just trying to put 2 + 2 together to continue the conversation along.

I think 99% of males will not say no to AJ, that's not the point. I think it's honestly an insult to the members intelligence to say they like the storyline because they find AJ hot. Even those who hate this storyline could accept that that's quite absurd.

You don't care about this storyline, we get it. I've not accused you of not liking it because you don't think she's hot though have I? It's exactly the same as me saying "You would like this if Eve was half naked in AJ's position".

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Male teens are F**cking pathetic lmao. Go watch soap operas if you find this s*** entertaining you in-closet homos

:win:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
I think 99% of males will not say no to AJ, that's not the point. I think it's honestly an insult to the members intelligence to say they like the storyline because they find AJ hot. Even those who hate this storyline could accept that that's quite absurd.

You don't care about this storyline, we get it. I've not accused you of not liking it because you don't think she's hot though have I? It's exactly the same as me saying "You would like this if Eve was half naked in AJ's position".

I agree with you, but think that Rain has a point as well. In the Raw threads every time AJ is shown you have at least some % of users immediately posting about how hot she is. Whether or not that is why they like the storyline idk, but I can see why Rain might be led to believe that.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Rainman said:
There's really 3 people on here that hate this storyline... and neither of us want AJ.

-I think she's that girlfriend we all had as teenagers who was really hot and gave great sex, but was terrible to date and you always have to be paranoid about her, and eventually you just had to break up with her. She's just not worth the trouble.
-Dolph's just doesn't find her that hot, and on TV that's really all you can go on.
-GrammarNazi82 is probably straight.

Ironically, we're also the older people on here (throw Cloud in the mix too, he hated that on Raw) Guess the key to us understanding that story is to invent a time machine (and to turn GrammarNazi) to turn back to our teen years.

Yes, yes I am. :jericho:

Hell, I'm proud to be among the three that hate this storyline. lol Thanks for remembering me, Rainman. Honestly, I have wondered if me being older is one reason I just can't get into this storyline, but really I'm not sure that even my teenage self would get into it. I was never a girly girl who cared for drama and soaps, so I'm not sure. All I know is, I definitely don't like it now. It figures one of the things I hated the most about Monday's show, and the part I personally thought was so incredibly stupid (a wedding gimmick, really?) is the part that drew the highest ratings and views. FML. But oh well, to each his or her own.

I will, however, say that I'm actually surprised the whole wedding thing drew more teen male viewers. I must be out of touch with it, because I'm not at all familiar with teenage males giving two shits about wedding and soap opera drama themes. TBH, I would have expected that to perhaps draw more female viewers. So that does surprise me. I would have thought teen males would have been more interested in the wrestling matches than some wedding gimmick. Shows how much I know I suppose.

On another note entirely, it is worth noting that in the original post, they don't credit AJ herself with drawing in the ratings. They specifically credit that to the wedding gimmick in particular, as the last sentence or two indicates, since it says none of them (AJ, Punk or Bryan) had gotten that much of an increase in views or ratings in previous weeks. So they're fully crediting the wedding gimmick for that. Does that mean WWE will have more wedding-related storylines in the future?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:
Yes, yes I am. :jericho:

Hell, I'm proud to be among the three that hate this storyline. lol Thanks for remembering me, Rainman. Honestly, I have wondered if me being older is one reason I just can't get into this storyline, but really I'm not sure that even my teenage self would get into it. I was never a girly girl who cared for drama and soaps, so I'm not sure. All I know is, I definitely don't like it now. It figures one of the things I hated the most about Monday's show, and the part I personally thought was so incredibly stupid (a wedding gimmick, really?) is the part that drew the highest ratings and views. FML. But oh well, to each his or her own.

I will, however, say that I'm actually surprised the whole wedding thing drew more teen male viewers. I must be out of touch with it, because I'm not at all familiar with teenage males giving two shits about wedding and soap opera drama themes. TBH, I would have expected that to perhaps draw more female viewers. So that does surprise me. I would have thought teen males would have been more interested in the wrestling matches than some wedding gimmick. Shows how much I know I suppose.
So much truth in this post.
ZnqQ5.gif

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I agree with you, but think that Rain has a point as well. In the Raw threads every time AJ is shown you have at least some % of users immediately posting about how hot she is. Whether or not that is why they like the storyline idk, but I can see why Rain might be led to believe that.

Naturally, that happens with every diva. Read the replies when Eve appears.

I think the main draw with this storyline is its uniqueness. To your point grammar -- no -- our age-range seriously doesn't give a crap about weddings. Why did it draw with our demographic? Simple, it's a unique storyline where you wonder wtf is going to happen next? The one thing the IWC has complained about for years now is storylines in WWE right? We are commonly served the oh-so-typical bad guy wants title so he hurts good guy badly for no reason. Heel/face is a must in professional wrestling but there's so many ways you can portray the bad/good guy scenario without the typical random beat downs and the heel seemingly to be a dick for no reason. At least we understand WHY Bryan is acting like a douche and have Punk who's the good guy.

The main gripe I have with the story is I'd much prefer this happen with two other wrestlers as Punk/Bryan has a rich history of potential better storylines, however, we have two "vanilla midget" indie wrestlers who are fantastic wrestlers in the main event. Would we have said this two years ago when Orton/HHH/Cena were being shoved down our throat? Would any of you predicted Punk and Bryan walking into WM 28 as world champions? Be honest. People are claiming this storyline is all about AJ but it's not -- look deeper into it -- it's clearly about Bryan's desperate attitude to get the title which he so nearly won, by sucking up to AJ because she now has power where as a month before he was telling her to shut up and having hilarious segments with her weekly. AJ is the psycho who has power, that in itself has drawing ability as it opens up so many potential branches of the storyline tree. Punk is trying his best to be honest and nice to AJ, but will he break because of DB manipulating her? We already know Bryan is immense competition as he made Punk tap just one second after Bryan was pinned and has lost to him a few times on RAW too (Punk gets no credit for that from people here).

That's my take on it. I'm not trying to force anyone to like it, because I completely understand those who don't. I however am very pleased to have a storyline I can buy into which isn't the oh-so-typical WWE style bullshit. Also, the WWE title is now back in the main event.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
So much truth in this post.
ZnqQ5.gif

*bows* Thank you, thank you.

Crayo said:
Naturally, that happens with every diva. Read the replies when Eve appears.

I think the main draw with this storyline is its uniqueness. To your point grammar -- no -- our age-range seriously doesn't give a crap about weddings. Why did it draw with our demographic? Simple, it's a unique storyline where you wonder wtf is going to happen next? The one thing the IWC has complained about for years now is storylines in WWE right? We are commonly served the oh-so-typical bad guy wants title so he hurts good guy badly for no reason. Heel/face is a must in professional wrestling but there's so many ways you can portray the bad/good guy scenario without the typical random beat downs and the heel seemingly to be a dick for no reason. At least we understand WHY Bryan is acting like a douche and have Punk who's the good guy.

The main gripe I have with the story is I'd much prefer this happen with two other wrestlers as Punk/Bryan has a rich history of potential better storylines, however, we have two "vanilla midget" indie wrestlers who are fantastic wrestlers in the main event. Would we have said this two years ago when Orton/HHH/Cena were being shoved down our throat? Would any of you predicted Punk and Bryan walking into WM 28 as world champions? Be honest. People are claiming this storyline is all about AJ but it's not -- look deeper into it -- it's clearly about Bryan's desperate attitude to get the title which he so nearly won, by sucking up to AJ because she now has power where as a month before he was telling her to shut up and having hilarious segments with her weekly. AJ is the psycho who has power, that in itself has drawing ability as it opens up so many potential branches of the storyline tree. Punk is trying his best to be honest and nice to AJ, but will he break because of DB manipulating her? We already know Bryan is immense competition as he made Punk tap just one second after Bryan was pinned and has lost to him a few times on RAW too (Punk gets no credit for that from people here).

That's my take on it. I'm not trying to force anyone to like it, because I completely understand those who don't. I however am very pleased to have a storyline I can buy into which isn't the oh-so-typical WWE style bullshit. Also, the WWE title is now back in the main event.

:true: <----- Not so much because I agree with everything you said or think of it as being true, but because I can see and understand some of your points. You've never struck me as being 100% happy with this storyline, largely because you have said you wish they had used this storyline on two other wrestlers, not Bryan/Punk. (In that respect we agree that they have such a rich history that it could have been played out differently, and better.) When it all boils down to it, we just agree to disagree on our liking / loathing of this storyline being used as it is.

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
GrammarNazi82 said:
:true: <----- Not so much because I agree with everything you said or think of it as being true, but because I can see and understand some of your points. You've never struck me as being 100% happy with this storyline, largely because you have said you wish they had used this storyline on two other wrestlers, not Bryan/Punk. (In that respect we agree that they have such a rich history that it could have been played out differently, and better.) When it all boils down to it, we just agree to disagree on our liking / loathing of this storyline being used as it is.

Definitely. I can only dream of a storyline which actually involves Punk and Bryan's time in RoH for example. But either way, we're not going to get a worse wrestling match with this story than we would in that, I think we're in for a treat on Sunday regardless of people's opinion on the story. Are you excited for the match itself? I personally think it'll steal the show and get another 5* rating from me at least.

(Dw Dolph, Aries/Roode also got a 5* rating from Crayo :yay:)

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I would like to believe that they will put on another great match but I see it being too fuckery to be allowed to flow. Similar to how Punk/Ziggler at the RR was ruined by overbooking with Ace, I see the same thing happening Sunday with AJ.

Reactions: Snowman1