RAW Ratings Breakdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
As PWMania.com previously reported, the July 9th WWE RAW Supershow scored a 3.17 cable rating with 4.42 million viewers.

In the segment breakdown, the opener with AJ Lee, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan with Sheamus vs. Jack Swagger lost 74,000 viewers. Christian and Tyson Kidd vs. Tensai and Dolph Ziggler plus the Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler angle lost 416,000 viewers. Brodus Clay vs. Drew McIntyre plus the Stephanie McMahon video promoting the 1,000th RAW gained 102,000 viewers.

Kane and John Cena vs. Chris Jericho and Big Show gained 66,000 viewers, a low gain for that time period in the show. The match did about a gain of 280,000 at 10pm, which is lower than usual, but then lost those viewers when the match went longer and through a second commercial break.

Sin Cara vs. Heath Slater and the return of Bob Backlund lost 21,000 viewers. Lawler vs. Cole and the reveal of Hornswoggle as the Anonymous General Manager lost another 21,000 viewers.

It appears AJ’s tease from earlier that she would be leaving with her future husband did the trick as far as the rating goes. The overrun following AJ and Punk vs. Daniel Bryan and Eve Torres gained 711,000 viewers – which is normal but it should be noted that this was done without John Cena in the segment and with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, who have never moved ratings big.

There was a huge increase in Male Teens watching the overrun that wasn’t there for the rest of the show. Male Teens hovered between a 2.7 and 3.2 rating for the entire show but jumped up to a 4.4 rating for the overrun.
It appears it’s the wedding gimmick that helped ratings since AJ, Punk nor Bryan made ratings jump in the Male Teens demographic during their opening interview segment or during any other week in this storyline.

PWmania

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
AJ pwning everyone :boss1:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Male teens are fucking pathetic lmao. Go watch soap operas if you find this shit entertaining you in-closet homos

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
And our hero, Drew Mcintyre, stopped a ratings decline! Woo!

Seriously, there are so many variables for these that it's hard to judge anything. But male teens being drawn to the AJ Drama makes sense... chances are they're used to girls like AJ.

Y2J Enigma

The Artiste
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Male teens are F**cking pathetic lmao. Go watch soap operas if you find this s*** entertaining you in-closet homos

We aren't pathetic, we are awesome. :win:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Male teens standing around because she said she was going to marry someone? How cute.

Bob Backlund lost viewers? It must be Sin Cara's fault, since people didn't expect a legend to return and thought Slater was just going to job to him... yeah, that's it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Y2J Enigma said:
We aren't pathetic, we are awesome. :win:

RgOdg.gif

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Wasn't WWE looking for ways to attract male teen viewers a while back? I predict we'll see more soap opera-like storylines, AJ, or both put together if they want to increase views in that demographic.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Leo C said:
Wasn't WWE looking for ways to attract male teen viewers a while back? I predict we'll see more soap opera-like storylines, AJ, or both put together if they want to increase views in that demographic.

Fml

1326910583_larry_david_reaction.gif

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Leo C said:

I hope so. This storyline is epic.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Fml

1326910583_larry_david_reaction.gif

Well, it's just an assumption, I could be wrong.

But I did guess Bob Backlund was returning weeks in advance. :downer:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I hope so. This storyline is epic.

WWE wanting male teens? Why is the product PG then. Male teens don't need parental guidance to see blood and slightly sexually-orientated content.

That's what the internet's for. :lol1:

Reactions: leojay and Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
There's really 3 people on here that hate this storyline... and neither of us want AJ.

-I think she's that girlfriend we all had as teenagers who was really hot and gave great sex, but was terrible to date and you always have to be paranoid about her, and eventually you just had to break up with her. She's just not worth the trouble.
-Dolph's just doesn't find her that hot, and on TV that's really all you can go on.
-GrammarNazi82 is probably straight.

Ironically, we're also the older people on here (throw Cloud in the mix too, he hated that on Raw) Guess the key to us understanding that story is to invent a time machine (and to turn GrammarNazi) to turn back to our teen years.