RAW needs a new main event scene

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

^^^I could say the same about Edge & Taker post-WM24.

It's just the way long term fueds are 'engineered' that some matches will be more memorable or poignient to the storyline than others.

Good shit from the Orton & HHH 'archive':

Unforgiven 04
Royal Rumble 05
EC @ NYRevolution 2005
LMS NO Mercy 07
No Hold Barred @ Extreme Rules 08
Cage Match on Raw (at some point last year)
Triple Threat w/Cena @ WM24
Triple Threat w/Cena @ NOC 2009

....OK, only a matter of opinion, but not bad considering a large amount of those "24" matces cited by the report would have been false finishes and tag matches on Raw (I didn't blindly include WM25 and other PPV encounters).

I'm really not seeing how people can honestly enjoy and defend seeing Randy Orton Vs. Triple H every other main event feud. Are you honest to God enjoying seeing the neverending feud between Orton and Triple H every single week?

Not saying for a minute that it hasn't had it's down-points, but - and this is where WWE are shit hot at what they do - they succesfully manage to re-ignite interest in the pairing..... Maybe X-amount of the IWC may turn their nose up but at the end of the day the majority of crowds (particularly on TV) totally lap it up.

Honestly, the fact that people disagree so vehemently that guys like MVP need a push is borderline disgusting.

Not sure why you think that..... The two states of affairs aren't inextricably linked.

chessarmy

^ Why not? I never understood that, why wouldn't you want to get one last run with the WWE Title?

Ajax

Reaction score
^ Why not? I never understood that, why wouldn't you want to get one last run with the WWE Title?

Because he rather put over talent than to hog the spotlight like other superstars (HHH).

Reaction score
Regardless of merchandising and all that stuff I am so tired of seeing the three same people in the main event....Triple H has been in the title picture for 10 years he really needs a break from the title scene to rejuvenate his character. Orton needs to stay in the main event because i dont feel like he has truly established himself as a dominant champion or had a great title run. I dont mind that Cena is in the main event that much and I am looking forward to seeing Cena vs Orton II at Summerslam but if the outcome is going to be the same as it was in 2007(cena beat Orton at Summerslam in 07) then i dont see the point of having these two feud again. Orton really needs to look strong as a champion. He plays the coward role great but he also needs to show that he can put superstars away in big matches. So yeah the main event scene needs MVP, Jack Swagger, and Mark Henry to step up to make things fresh and exciting.

This Guy

btw as some said, most probably don't remember the other matches, maybe only a small hand full. Anyways also I did look back over the last few years, and in the last 40 PPV's Triple H, Cena & Orton competed in singles, triple threat and tag matches together on 15 of those last 40 PPV's. What you would find intresting is on those same 40 PPV's, Undertaker, Batista & Edge competed in singles, triple threat and tag matches together on 15 of those 40 PPV's also. Its a common thread. If I go back further no doubt other trio's would appear in this same patterns and as often. I think the real reason Triple H, Orton and Cena come up now is because it is the current main eventers and also because even on the other 25 they didn't they were probably in a main event/title match still, where as, guys like Taker & Batista not as much due to injuries and lighter schedules.

barley96

Reaction score
We need a new RAW creative team because they are being anything but creative. After a new creative team, than have new main event wrestlers.

kingovkings

Reaction score
We need a new RAW creative team because they are being anything but creative. After a new creative team, than have new main event wrestlers.

Im curious to know who you would have in the Main Event scene that would have the drawing power to replace the likes of HHH,Tista,Orton,Cena,HBK(When back) ????