RAW March 30th, 2015 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Wow, and no D-Generation X members interfered just before this? I'm surprised, I bet a lot of money on Sting winning and it seemed like a no brainer. After all, if Triple H wanted to feel a bit more credible, he could just take out a Big Show or a Kane or a Ryback, and then job to Sting. I smell a rematch though, unless this is a WWE wingasm over WCW.

A triple threat with Orton, where Rollins/Orton possibly break Lesnar's ribs again and Rollins gets a sneaky roll-up on Orton while Lesnar is recovering. Therefore, he never got pinned but takes more time off and comes back with a reason (kayfabe) to get an instant title shot (where Rollins probably shits himself and hopes for another triple threat).

No there was interference from both DX and the NWO, but the effect of the interference was pretty weak. I wouldn't credit it with the victory.

I guess when it became a Monday Night War battle, I should have realized Triple H would win. Just seemed odd Sting would sign up for it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Thank god we can finally close the chapter on the Monday Night Wars. I've been on pins and needles for 15 years wondering who would come out on top.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Sounds awful
Assuming Lesnar is staying, that's probably what happens. I can't see him going without his title rematch tbh.

No there was interference from both DX and the NWO, but the effect of the interference was pretty weak. I wouldn't credit it with the victory.

I guess when it became a Monday Night War battle, I should have realized Triple H would win. Just seemed odd Sting would sign up for it.
Ahh, that kinda sucks. Apparently they shook hands too, which is strange. This entire feud confuses me.

Yep, I would've thought that despite WWE's ego, Sting would be pushing for something better. Maybe it will happen.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Assuming Lesnar is staying, that's probably what happens. I can't see him going without his title rematch tbh.

Ahh, that kinda sucks. Apparently they shook hands too, which is strange. This entire feud confuses me.

Yep, I would've thought that despite WWE's ego, Sting would be pushing for something better. Maybe it will happen.
The kayfabe angle probably isn't far off from the real angle. They told Sting, hey, do this and you'll be in the HOF. Don't, and you won't.

and not sure why anyone would assume Lesnar is staying. The opposite seems much more likely

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The kayfabe angle probably isn't far off from the real angle. They told Sting, hey, do this and you'll be in the HOF. Don't, and you won't.

and not sure why anyone would assume Lesnar is staying. The opposite seems much more likely
Mmm. Then again, Sting's in the TNA HOF. TNA HOF > WWE HOF. :booker2: Sorry, just kidding. That could be the case. Now I wonder if Sting wrestles again before Undertaker so he actually has a win under his belt or goes down as 0-2.

We know he's staying and it wouldn't make much sense kayfabe for him to just go without a title rematch. Oh right yes this is WWE.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Lesnar's supposed to work tonight, right? It'd have been his final working date for WWE, had he not re-signed.
So, while I'm not really expecting Lesnar staying and working Extreme Rules, I could definitely see some angle for tonight where they beat up Lesnar so bad that he has to go away, or something along those lines.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Lesnar's supposed to work tonight, right? It'd have been his final working date for WWE, had he not re-signed.
So, while I'm not really expecting Lesnar staying and working Extreme Rules, I could definitely see some angle for tonight where they beat up Lesnar so bad that he has to go away, or something along those lines.
Lesnar is above beatdown angles. I would much rather he give an explanation or just disappear then WWE try to sell to me that Lesnar can be beaten down. Unless they want to bring in Alistair Overeem to do the honors, I'm not buying it.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Lesnar is above beatdown angles. I would much rather he give an explanation or just disappear then WWE try to sell to me that Lesnar can be beaten down. Unless they want to bring in Alistair Overeem to do the honors, I'm not buying it.
Book Brock like the Undertaker in a sense. He's a beast that comes and goes as he pleases.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

I guess an explanation by Heyman (or Lesnar himself) would do it. Although him just disappearing and coming back in time for SummerSlam is prolly what we're gonna get.
Fine by me, I guess.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This is a random thought/observation but I'll post it here.

Can WWE please stop doing the high spots where 5+ guys gather to catch someone? It happened like 3 times in the ladder match and then Sting did it in his match. It is the corniest looking shit of all time. Man up and let guys do those moves down onto one opponent or just stop doing it. I can only suspend so much disbelief. "Oh, hey, what's this guy doing up there? Everyone gather around, what is this man doing? He looks like he is.. EVERYONE, get over here. All 10 of you. Oh no, he jumped on us! What a spot"

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
You nailed it with the TNA line. It felt exactly like something TNA would have done. Then I come on here and people were like "holy shit marked for that Sting match!". I'm like ehhhhhhh

Even worse than the real life kliq aspect being ignored is the kayfabe aspect of Sting and NWO were bitter enemies but they came down to help him out... against their best friend Haitch lol

edit: PLUS I had to see fucking X-Pac
Even though I thought it was pretty cool, I did call the match a mess. DX coming out was weird, I half expected Wolfpac to come out, but not the nWo. I was denying it because they were all friend's with Hunter, so would barely make any sense. I thought the whole match they were building was for Sting to take down Triple H, but they managed to change it into WWE vs. WCW.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Even though I thought it was pretty cool, I did call the match a mess. DX coming out was weird, I half expected Wolfpac to come out, but not the nWo. I was denying it because they were all friend's with Hunter, so would barely make any sense. I thought the whole match they were building was for Sting to take down Triple H, but they managed to change it into WWE vs. WCW.
It just exemplified everything I can't stand about WWE right now. Get over 1999 already folks

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The booking over the upcoming months is something to watch for, I am very curious to see how they progress with things tonight.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
The funny thing is the Raw after mania always makes up for a shitty mania and last night was a pretty good Wrestlemania