RAW January 26th, 2015 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
As I said earlier in a different thread, the one person who could make this work is Paul Heyman. Just the tone of his voice creates the appropiate atmosphere.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
There are so very few things I miss about watching WWE, but Heyman speaking is one of them.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
That was a really good segment,, even from Reigns.

Agreed but I should add.. this is because of the backlash. The backlash helped them to just stop sitting on their thumbs and forced them to tell a good story. this was great clean up.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Since they talked about the northeast blizzard of 2015 tonight, and it caused a rare cancellation of a live RAW show, I'm just going to stick this right here.

a6f006059d018230927eeb9d4b655c57.jpg

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Agreed but I should add.. this is because of the backlash. The backlash helped them to just stop sitting on their thumbs and forced them to tell a good story. this was great clean up.

Actually, this cancellation might just be the best thing that could have happened from a storytelling standpoint.

The Reigns/Lesnar/Heyman segment was very good. The Ambrose segment was golden. The Rollins/Lesnar/Heyman segment was probably the best part of the night. The Bryan interview was epic.

wk

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Actually, this cancellation might just be the best thing that could have happened from a storytelling standpoint.

The Reigns/Lesnar/Heyman segment was very good. The Ambrose segment was golden. The Rollins/Lesnar/Heyman segment was probably the best part of the night. The Bryan interview was epic.

wk

I agree. This was exactly the sort of thing that needed to happen. I think Heyman did the most for it. His speech was practically spellbinding. But it added something to this match that didn't exist: history. Now rather than Reigns just being the storyline guy to beat the unbeatable monster, he's got legitimate heat with Lesnar. When, after Heyman talked about his respect for the Anoa'i family and Lesnar said he didn't have that respect, I knew that was it. That put the Lesnar character into the right perspective and the tone for the match is now set.