Raw expanding to 3 hours... permanently.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
USA Network announced that WWE Raw is expanding to three hours beginning July 23.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10025202.shtml
WWE.com is reporting it as well, Cena's tweeting about it.

Wow. I'm speechless.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
This will be exciting to see how it goes. But July 23 is 2 months from now. The IWC has reason to watch RAW again. Oh, and RAW expanding to 3 hours, does that mean SD will go away? :tagteammatch:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This better mean improving the product. If they just fill that extra hour with just promo packs I will :bury: every single one of them.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
If RAW is expanding then will SD/Superstars/NXT one of these close down?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/jYj7T9eEQ4U[/video]

9d4ee2afcc269fbd0b46dcd26de30512.gif

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
If RAW is expanding then will SD/Superstars/NXT one of these close down?

It's most likely since NXT is not taped before RAW anymore. NXT will now be taped on Thursdays/maybe broadcast live from Full Sail university.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
How can I say this politely... if they want this not to be a disaster, they should work on improving the show quality during the time span from now until July 23, otherwise, it could be a disaster, mainly if they start filling the time with useless video packages and such things. They should give more time to matches, give younger stars more time to shine and things like that. :angle:

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh fuck I can't watch THAT long. I have homework and barely have enough sleep. Well as long as its in the summer. Maybe this will influence raw to get better? Hopefully we will see better content.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
We're obviously gonna see better content guys. If RAW doesn't give good content then it will be a disaster. No one will watch for 3 hours. This is sink or swim for WWE.

Reaction score
stephan1 said:
We're obviously gonna see better content guys. If RAW doesn't give good content then it will be a disaster. No one will watch for 3 hours. This is sink or swim for WWE.

Let's hope for that. :eek:tunga:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Vince: "Ratings are down, so we need something to improve them, brother! Any ideas?"

Stephanie: "How about more Raw! That way we can get viewers at 8, 9, and 10 o'clock!"

Vince: "That worked GREAT for Monday Nitro! WCW's never been bigger than it is now in 2012, and it's all because of the move to 3-hours!"

*Stephanie gives Vince a cupcake*

Noob to the Creative team: "But... we only were able to plan 1 hour worth of content last week! drag out 3 segments last week... We had Big Show crying for 15 minutes and John Cena rambling incoherently for no good
reason just to fill 2 hours! And don't get me started on that Tripl..."

Triple H raises his hands, and a lightning bolt falls from the sky and hits the creative noob in the balls.

Another creative member: "That's a great idea! We can fill that time with more matches, and the actually talented wrestlers such as Hawkins, Reks, Kidd, and Mcgillicutty!"

Stephanie: "Or, we can have an hour long Make-a-Wish video in the third hour, because that will get Cena over!"

Sterilized noob: "But, trying to get Cena over is futile!"

Cena walks up and AA's the noob through a table.

Vince: "That's why I love you, Stephanie. You come up with such wonderful ideas!"

Reactions: Crayo and Leo C

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I will not watch a three hour raw when the current 2 hour version is hard to enjoy.They are probably going to fill the the third hour with more squash matches,john cena segments,and awkward celebrity moments.I hope they will use it to establish the mid card and tag division but know they won't.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
They should really use the 3 hour times as the first hour to have the opening segments and lowercards having decent superstars matches. Really miss those. Hope we actually see better feud build and better matches on Raw. It's wrestling not a soap opera.