Raw 4/11

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
John Morrison is the biggest pussy in the industry. He won't tell Melina jack shit for banging Bob Tista but stands up fo her because she doesn't get a Mania bonus check? He should be thankful he got placed in a gimmick celebrity match with two names that are bigger than any divas on the roster and he got a fatter payday because of it.

Airfixx

Reaction score
As a wrestling fan I couldn't give a crap whether he mans up about his girlfriend's cheating or not... Think some of you should just diss his work or stfu tbh.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^He won't be doing work BECAUSE of that stuff though. It's the way of the world of the internet. If you want to associate with fans who don't judge these guys for what they do outside of the ring and promos... then an internet forum isn't the place for you.

Doomsday

Reaction score
Eventually watched the show....
Kong: Cool, but the Divas scene is even worse than ever right now. They've got girls like Beth, Natty, Melina and so-on sat around doing fuck all whilst the like of Eve and The Bellas battle it out for the title, Kelly Kelly getting the little rub from Vicki recently... There's some intriguing match ups available to them, but they need to shake this shit up massively if Kong is to achive anything but a flash-in-the-pan, gimmick run. Either that or she's gonna end up facing guys all the time and still come off like no more than a gimmick.

I'd like her to end up in league with LayCool or Vickie Guerrero.

Reaction score
As a wrestling fan I couldn't give a crap whether he mans up about his girlfriend's cheating or not... Think some of you should just diss his work or stfu tbh.

Well as a wrestling fan it sure would have sucked if Melina was in the match, she's awful. If you can put Trish Stratus in the match, you do. As a wrestling fan it sucks that his pussy boy behavior is costing him a higher spot in the company because it sure would be swell to see a fresh face or two in the main event scene, and all though he is vanilla as vanilla gets, he is fun to watch in the ring, and maybe in the right position he might push himself a little more and become a complete worker. Now he has a deserved diva type attitude and he'll be where Sheamus was two months ago. Either way, it sure does suck as a wrestling fan, you fucking guy, you.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Oh. My. God. Melina banged Knox? :lmao That has to be the greatest thing i've heard in years. What an amazing story.

JoMo sucks and will never get over or even be a good wrestler. Seriously, way worse than Truth in the ring, even Dolph, fuck, even Miz is better. Guy works a flashy style as is, but that can only work in WWE if you're good 99% of the time (See Evan Bourne/Sin Cara). I've never seen a sumbitch botch moves more than this guy. I hope he gets fired, so he can go somewhere to work on his ringwork, as a promo he's among the worst in the industry, right up there with Orton. Total lost cause there, he at least has potential in the ring.

This Raw sucked, as usual. Sin Cara's debut pretty much dashed any hope I had of him going anywhere.

Breaking up Corre to fire Slater I hope.

APPLE? Lord, poor Bryan.

Why didn't Cole/King end at 'Mania? Cole has to be the worst character in wrestling since Vickie.

Edge had an amazing speech and a true Raw moment. Totally saved the show for this viewer.

Meh.

Reaction score
HTK said:
I've never seen a sumbitch botch moves more than this guy.

Not anywhere near as bad as RVD, Sabu and Jeff Hardy. And I'm not talking present day for either guy, over their careers, they've had some seriously fucking awful botches.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Not anywhere near as bad as RVD, Sabu and Jeff Hardy. And I'm not talking present day for either guy, over their careers, they've had some seriously fucking awful botches.

I didn't see Sabu or RVD in their ECW haydays, but judging from their WWE runs, I'll agree with that, Jeff's even worse. Still though, JoMo botches way way too much to be heralded like he's been round here, even since '08.

1chiban

Reaction score
I think Cole is one of the best characters in recent years! It's just continued poor decision making to have him commentate all the time with his heeliness. He should be a manager after this all ends and form a stable ala Bobby Heenan. That would be awesome.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Nah, the E DESPERATELY needs a heel announcer. The problem with Cole though, is that he's not committed 100% as a heel... he shouldn't be cheering on anyone who isn't a heel, and he's done that several times. His real life friendship with Cena tends to spill over into the program too often.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
I'd also say that it doesn't work when the heel announcer is the main voice of the show. In my mind the main/play by play announcer should be impartial with a slight lean towards the babyfacesie what Cole was doing before his affiliation with The Miz. Unfortunately that means having Josh Matthews as the voice of WWE, which isn't the most attractive of options although he has grown on me recently.

Reaction score
Heels should ALWAYS be color guys and not play by play, but that is something that makes Cole unique. He's not as great as people are making him out to be, his heel character is watered down heel manager 101, but the problem is his announcing. He's done a fine job of getting himself over, but his real job, and the main knock on him, is his inability to get the workers over through his commentating ability. That is what separates the announcers today from the likes of JR, Heenan, Monsoon, Vince and Ventura. Who was it that was arguing that announcers aren't necessary for wrestling? Their the first point of contact between talent and fans and they are as instrumental as getting a worker over as the worker themselves are.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Announcers getting wrestlers over doesn't matter, silly. What makes an announcer truly great is how they look on camera. Pfft.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Who was it that was arguing that announcers aren't necessary for wrestling? Their the first point of contact between talent and fans and they are as instrumental as getting a worker over as the worker themselves are.

Kaedon