Rated PG

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Okay I havent watched wrestling in about a year and the main reason is because how terrible the product has been and by how terrible it is to watch WWE PG.

But I just want to know, is it all PG or does Raw/Smackdown/ECW try to steer an audience toward teenagers to young adults?

Does TNA even gear toward the 18-34 range or are they just a product with no direction?

SnackZ

Reaction score
Okay I havent watched wrestling in about a year and the main reason is because how terrible the product has been and by how terrible it is to watch WWE PG.

But I just want to know, is it all PG or does Raw/Smackdown/ECW try to steer an audience toward teenagers to young adults?

Does TNA even gear toward the 18-34 range or are they just a product with no direction?

This is some asinine bullshit. You don't watch in more than a year, probably all on the netz hearing people complain about pg crap, and jump on the bandwagon to no where. You're a moron. Leave now.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Im 35 and it appeals to me week in week out PG or pre PG. So i guess I take the rough with the smooth. How about not watching it for another year then pop back on here and see wether it's still PG or not ;P

Klide

Its still attracts adults and teens. The only thing they removed were the "PUPPIES" and blood

Wordlife

^exactly... no sexual overtones, and less blood is all they did to lower it to a PG rating... and also toned down on the swearing too

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
there's only a couple of things that are less provocative, but it isn't really a big deal if you've seen WWE before. It's just now that the writing on Raw sucks in general, I'm not sure about the other shows.

SnackZ

Reaction score
The fact that this dude even opened this thread with his "Okay I havent watched wrestling in about a year and the main reason is because how terrible the product has been and by how terrible it is to watch WWE PG." shows how influenced by the internet certain people can be. How can you not watch something for a year and make a statement about the product??? Is it because there are NUMEROUS threads saying the E is PG? What a douche!

Then he says "But I just want to know, is it all PG or does Raw/Smackdown/ECW try to steer an audience toward teenagers to young adults?". WHERE are you getting your information on PG from? Dumb ass dudes who want to see tits and blood all the time? WTF. The storylines are not at ALL pg. There is Orton kicking Vince (old people crimes are BAAAD, lulz) and Orton beating up on Stephanie (man on woman violence is the badz too) and then you have the constant bringing up of Hardy's drug use (drugs r bad mmmkay!) and MVP's prior jail time. There's always going to be an entertainment aspect to the E, just because there isn't blood every week or tits and ass on the screen all the time DOES NOT MEAN its PG. The E is just toning down on that stuff as to make the adults who used to watch allow their kids to watch, basic common sense from a marketing standpoint. If you were a wrestling fan during the attitude days and had a 7 to 8 year old wanting to watch wrestling you would say HELL NO if you were not watching the show to see that those same things are not going on. But you would get into it cause some of the shit flies over kids heads. Get a life dude. Watch RAW (well not this week as it may suck monkey balls) and see the product, watch the AWESOMENESS that is SMACKDOWN and tell me where you visually see that the E is PG.

Till then,

I got 2 words for ya!!!!!!

Axis

If being PG equates to some of the best weekly wrestling on Friday nights, then I am all for this PG stuff.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The fact that this dude even opened this thread with his "Okay I havent watched wrestling in about a year and the main reason is because how terrible the product has been and by how terrible it is to watch WWE PG." shows how influenced by the internet certain people can be. How can you not watch something for a year and make a statement about the product??? Is it because there are NUMEROUS threads saying the E is PG? What a douche!

Nice. Now just tell that to all the people that bash TNA that don't even watch it and we'll be alright.

MikeRaw

Wait, am I the only one confused? You said you haven't watch ed in a year? Well, WWE hasn't even been PG for a year yet. More like 8-10 months. Form your own opinion. It's toned down, sure, but fromt he sounds of it, you haven't even watched it as PG. You just stoipped due to the fact that you hear that it's bad. Watch for yourself.

Did you watch wrestling from 2005-2007? If so, it's pretty much the same now. WWE is now "officially" PG, as int hat's what it's officially rated, but it hasn't changed much. In 2005, pretty much all the attitude left. In 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008, it could've easily been rated PG as well. they just never changed it. But the content hasn't changed much at all over the past several years. Sounds to me like you just don't like the idea of watching somethign that is rated PG, even if it's good. It's had the same toned down content for years now.

With that being said, I haven't watched wrestling in over a month. At least I formed my own opinion as to why though.

kingovkings

Reaction score
PMSL. How PG/Kid freindly was it last night when HBK hit a ten year old girl with SCM that was fucking awesome. I love thIS PG stuff ROFLMAO.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Ok kids before you all over react. I barely go on any wrestling web site. The only time I do is to check out the news/rumors.

I think we can all agree that WWE is going after kids you can tell by how they talk all the rules they have made and it makes sense because UFC is dominating the 18-34 year old audience. I just wanted to know if there was a brand that tries to be a little more mature.

And lets be honest with ourselves, wrestling has been terrible since around 04, they had a few good spots in 2006, but we can look at WWE from 1999, 2000, 2001, and even 2002-2003 I thought had some solid spots.

So sorry friends if you some how get offended because WWE is in the stage of cartoon characters again.

P.S. I dont watch the TNA nonsense because they have no direction from what I have seen from them.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Ok kids before you all over react. I barely go on any wrestling web site. The only time I do is to check out the news/rumors.

So when you do go on for news and rumors you see what? You SEE what people SAY, not what you SEE with your own eyes. You know what people do when they give the 'news' or 'rumors', they mainly talk outta their asses and say what THEY feel, they give the info in such a way to make you feel their point and by gawd it worked on you. GTFO now.

I think we can all agree that WWE is going after kids you can tell by how they talk all the rules they have made and it makes sense because UFC is dominating the 18-34 year old audience. I just wanted to know if there was a brand that tries to be a little more mature.

We can ALL agree that the WWE is going in the direction of getting more people to watch their programming. Think of it like this: The E tones shit down a bit (removal of tits and ass and blood) so that parents can ALLOW their kids to watch the programming, thus creating fans that WANT to purchase merchandise and go to shows. Parents like, kids like, the E likes. Plus Plus for everyone.

UFC is dominating the 18-34 yr old demo - got that from where? Neilsen ratings? PPV buys??? Where??? Oh yeah - you read it, my bad. Guess the FACT that the WWE is the MOST watched CABLE show EVERY week means they get beat out by UFC on Spike? yeah, ok. GTFO now.

And lets be honest with ourselves, wrestling has been terrible since around 04, they had a few good spots in 2006, but we can look at WWE from 1999, 2000, 2001, and even 2002-2003 I thought had some solid spots.

All your opinions so not gonna argue with you. To each his own.

So sorry friends if you some how get offended because WWE is in the stage of cartoon characters again.

Yes, this is why we got offended....GTFO NOW!!! We just made the observation that some dimwhitted asswipe who doesn't watch something says it sucks. Thats like never getting puntang pie and saying it sucks. Bye bye!

P.S. I dont watch the TNA nonsense because they have no direction from what I have seen from them.

Now I don't watch TNA cause I try to DVR it and then when I watch it I just wanna fast forward through the whole thing but at least I try. You don't turn on the TV and say it has no direction. Idiot.