Rate Wrestle Kingdom 11

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I was just reading that it was over 46 minutes long and I was a bit dumbfounded because it didn't seem that long... that's how good it was. I think the consensus is probably right that this may have been the greatest match in the history of wrestling.
Well. People seem to ignore the first 20-30 minutes of it. Once it kicks into high gear it is a fantastic spectacle of a match. But there is a pretty long starting stretch

Stopspot

Reaction score
Juice is cool, heard he beat new NEVER Openweight champ Hirooki Goto several hours ago and earned himself a shot. I like the "Pulp Friction" finisher.
Well, the match is not set in stone. But you'd assume he gets a shot after pinning the champion

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Well, the match is not set in stone. But you'd assume he gets a shot after pinning the champion

And posing with the belt.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
You know, honestly, I don't think I've ever listened to the English commentary. Perhaps I should to see how bad it is.

Completely agree on Omega being maybe the best performer out there. I've mentioned before that I don't think Okada can elevate other wrestlers. He puts on his best matches with the best wrestlers. The fact that he may have put on what many people (including myself) are considering the greatest match in the history of wrestling, it speaks to how good Omega is. He is more than deserving of some IWGP title reigns in the future.

You know, when AJ left NJPW, I know a lot of people were a bit miffed that they lost their best heel. But wow, they had the right person come in and take his place.

I've only watched two Omega matches ( this and G1 finals) and I could tell by these two alone that this man was the shit. Probably close second if not on the level of AJ.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
10/10. This is the first NJPW show I watched and I can see why people love this promotion!

Even the 'filler' matches were good but the final four matches which includes that main event. I mean, I am not someone who has watched tonnes of matches, I didn't have a scale to compare the other matches with. Now I do, that was as perfect a match as it was possible.

I am now a huge fan of Omega. The guy is awesome. Okada was great too but damn Kenny definitely won me over.

Gonna sub to the network now, between this and WWE Network. I wasn't sure which one to pick, but if their house shows are even half as good as this event I'll still be making the right choice because i get SD,Raw and PPVs on TV anyways.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
10/10. This is the first NJPW show I watched and I can see why people love this promotion!

Even the 'filler' matches were good but the final four matches which includes that main event. I mean, I am not someone who has watched tonnes of matches, I didn't have a scale to compare the other matches with. Now I do, that was as perfect a match as it was possible.

I am now a huge fan of Omega. The guy is awesome. Okada was great too but damn Kenny definitely won me over.

Gonna sub to the network now, between this and WWE Network. I wasn't sure which one to pick, but if their house shows are even half as good as this event I'll still be making the right choice because i get SD,Raw and PPVs on TV anyways.

I'm an die hard Okada guy but that was Kenny's match. I don't think Okada could have had that match with anyone else.

Definitely look forward to chatting with you more here about NJPW :)

Stopspot

Reaction score

Watch the New Years Dash (the January 5 show) that is up. It's basically New Japan's RAW after Wrestlemania

Stopspot

Reaction score
Do they do weekly shows? Or is it like one show a month?
They don't do weekly shows. Rather they do tours with x amount of shows per month and one or two big shows per month. Majority if not all shows end up on world even if not all of them are live. They have a nifty little schedule function on world

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Finally managed to finish Wrestle Kingdom 11. Watched it with Japanese commentary, of course. And yeah, it was an amazing show! 9/10

It's already a show of the year contender in my book. The undercard was decent to good and the top four matches delivered big time.

- Tiger Mask W vs Tiger The Dark was a decent enough opener. ★★

- RPG Vice vs The Young Bucks was solid. ★★½
Technically not a bad match, but I've seen it too many times in order to care. I liked the abrupt finish, though.

- LIJ vs Ricochet, Satoshi Kojima & David Finlay vs CHAOS vs Bullet Club was good. ★★★
Man, I wish there was some Ospreay/Ricochet interaction. And, my second gripe with this match is that a few minutes in the middle portion of the match were a bit boring, but the homestretch made up for it and overall, it was a good match. And of course, SANADA, EVIL and BUSHI winning was the right call.

- Cody vs Juice Robinson was solid, but a bit underwhelming. ★★½
Loved Juice catching Cody on the outside, hitting Belly-to-Belly followed by the Cannonball into the barricade, though.

- Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly was good. ★★★
I like both guys, but O'Reilly was better here, and it's fun to watch him throw some good kicks, forearms and knees. His selling was good, too. However, what made this match feel a bit anticlimatic was the lack of crowd support. They weren't invested in it. But, oh well. As for the outcome, O'Reilly defeated Cole at Final Battle and drops the title here? Okay. I guess that makes sense since O'Reilly didn't re-sign with ROH. Hmm, could he be heading to NXT? I guess we'll find out in due time.

- Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs Guerillas of Destiny vs GBH was pretty good and fun. ★★★½
GoD dropped the titles and that's all that matters. I don't hate you, Tama Tonga, but your brother sucks. Also, loved the chaotic homestretch and the near falls. It made the match really fun. Oh, and the finish was great.

- Hiromu Takahashi vs KUSHIDA was great. ★★★★
This was the best thing on the show at this point. Takahashi is great and fun to watch and is a fresh opponent for KUSHIDA, who is also fun to watch. There were a couple of sloppy spots, but who cares? It was an intense match and they're probably going to top this one the next time they face each other. Also, Takahashi winning the title was the right call.

- Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata was fantastic! ★★★★½
This is my type of shit, violence and aggression, and I absolutely loved every bit of it. It sucks to see Shibata lose, but it's also nice to see Goto win after failing so many times as a title challenger. Hopefully Shibata moves onto bigger and better things this year.

- Tetsuya Naito vs Hiroshi Tanahashi was amazing! ★★★★¾
Awesome match. Awesome crowd. Awesome storytelling. Awesome wrestlers. Enough said. God, I loved this match!

- Kazuchika Okada vs Kenny Omega was an excellent ME and MOTYC. ★★★★★
Wait, this match went on for nearly 50 minutes? It didn't feel like it. These guys were keeping it fun with their crisp work, insane action and intense drama. Okada and Omega tore the house down, man! Okada was great, but honestly, this was Kenny's match. He felt like the superior performer and he was elevated in the end despite losing. Excellent, excellent match. Loved it!

Damn, that was an amazing show. Now, I'm off to watch New Year Dash.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Normally with a wrestling pay-per-view it's seven filler matches and the main event match which steals the show. For Wrestle Kingdom 11 there were great matches up and down the card.

Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata for the NEVER Openweight Championship; Tetsuya Naito vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for Naito's IWGP Intercontinental Championship; Kushida vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship; and, of course, Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada the six-star match which everyone is raving about on the web.

Four great matches in a single show. I gotta give it a 10/10.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Normally with a wrestling pay-per-view it's seven filler matches and the main event match which steals the show. For Wrestle Kingdom 11 there were great matches up and down the card.

Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata for the NEVER Openweight Championship; Tetsuya Naito vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for Naito's IWGP Intercontinental Championship; Kushida vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship; and, of course, Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada the six-star match which everyone is raving about on the web.

Four great matches in a single show. I gotta give it a 10/10.

I'm a bit biased because NJPW is my favorite promotion, but I love your rationale as to the rating

Neilslam

Reaction score
I watch NJPW on AXS every Friday night from 7-9pm and I love it. I saw WK 11 and it was awesome. Omega vs Okada. two words.
Holy SHIT!!! 45 minutes of awesomeness and "how the hell are they still walking!". other matches like Goto vs Shibata. the Triple
Threat Tag Team match. Tanahashi vs Naito. gold. this is by far better than any WRESTLEMANIA. so definitely 10/10.