Rate Wrestle Kingdom 11

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Wrestle Kingdom 11 and let us know what you thought about the show!

Tiger Mask W vs Tiger the Dark

Tiger Mask W defeated Tiger the Dark by pin fall.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks vs Roppongi Vice

Roppongi Vice defeated the Young Bucks to win the tag belts.

Never Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship Gauntlet Match

Champion David Finlay, Ricochet and Satoshi Kojima vs Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Chaos (Jado, Will Ospreay and Yoshi-Hashi) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Bushi, Evil and Sanada).

The match began with Chaos vs the Bullet Club. The Bullet Club won and then faced Los Ingobernables de Japon, who in turn defeated the Bullet Club. This made final fall of the match between Los Ingobernables de Japon and David Finlay, Ricochet and Satoshi Kojima, which Los Ingobernables won to become the new champion.

Cody vs. Juice Robinson

Cody Rhodes defeated Juice Robinson by pin fall.

Ring of Honor World Championship: Champion Kyle O'Reilly vs Adam Cole

Adam Cole defeated Kyle O'Reilly to become a three time ROH World Champion

IWGP Tag Team Championship: Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa) (c) vs. Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma)

Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yanu won to become the new IWGP Tag Team Champions

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Kushida (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi

Hiromu Takahashi defeated Kushida to become the new IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion

NEVER Openweight Championship: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto

Goto defeated Shibata to become the new NEVER Openweight Champion

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Naito defeated Tanahashi by pin fall to retain his IWGP Intercontinental Championship.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega

Kazuchika Okada defeated Kenny Omega by pin fall to retain his IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Those last 4 matches, oh my god those last 4 matches. Just oh my god, pure wrestling heaven right there, Okada and Omega's match is something EVERY wrestling fan has to watch holy shit that match. I'm tired, my brain is fried, but my god it was worth it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am going with an 9 of 10 here. This is mostly based on the last few matches of the card. It was a good show, but it was completely anchored by the top three matches. The majority of the under card didn't really live up to what I was hoping for. I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler section to keep from giving anything away.

Tiger Mask W vs Tiger the Dark ** Very quick match and really didn't showcase much.

The Young Bucks vs Roppongi Vice **1/2. This match had a couple good moments but sort of felt like filler to me.

David Finlay, Ricochet and Satoshi Kojima vs Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Chaos (Jado, Will Ospreay and Yoshi-Hashi) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Bushi, Evil and Sanada).***

You know, I like Will Ospreay but I'm really sick of his posing after EVERY FUCKING MOVE! Yes, you are good. Yes, you are fun to watch. But the ego is just getting way out of hand. I'd like to think it is character, but it is consistent to the attitude he has shown such as refusing to sell to Vader and then calling Vader a bitter, jealous old man when Vader complained and making the asinine comment that a 15 minute match is too short to sell any moves. He's good at interesting offense, but his head is way too big and he doesn't sell offense very well. If he wants to be great, he needs to realize the matches are just not totally about him or he may find himself not getting much further in his career.

Cody vs. Juice Robinson *1/2 Boring match that I couldn't get into at all.

Ring of Honor World Championship: Champion Kyle O'Reilly vs Adam Cole **1/2 Another underwhelming match although I was happy with the outcome. Adam Cole is my favorite ROH guy so it's good to see him on top. What is bad is that after over a year of stability for the ROH title on Jay Lethal, the belt has changed hands three times.

IWGP Tag Team Championship: Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa) (c) vs. Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma) ***

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Kushida (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi ***

NEVER Openweight Championship: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto **** First really exceptional match on the card. And that Climax where Goto just wailed on Shibata and Shibata's eyes went completely blank... that was intense.

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi ***1/2. This was a good match and it was good to see someone retain their title. Although I enjoyed it, I think I was too looking forward to the main event to really get into it.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega ***** Match of the night easily. Kenny Omega was absolutely amazing in this match. Okada is my favorite wrestler, but he doesn't really elevate guys like Ric Flair, HBK and Tanahashi do. He puts on his best matches against the best opponents. And this was a phenomenal match by Kenny Omega and Okada. I really got into it and got pretty nervous at certain points of it. Although I think Omega would have been a good champion, Okada is still my preference. This will be a match of the year candidate.

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
Only saw Cody Vs Juice, Cole Vs O'Reilly and Okada Vs Omega, and it was amazing. Gotta see the rest when I have time too.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Definitely a 8 or 9 for me. And that's coming from a guy who has lapsed on New Japan and soured on it in 2016.

The undercard was all fun and no match was outright bad. The Young Bucks are still garbage and Cody will always be mediocre, but what can you do?

The top four matches were amazing. Each one was close to perfect and every single one was unique. The junior title match was wild and crazy, a car wreck waiting to happen. The Never belt match was a intense physical fight. The IC title match was a technical and storytelling masterpiece put on by two of the best right now and further solidified Tanahashi as one of the best of all time. And the heavyweight title match was a sports entertainment spectacle.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
What there were no run-ins? No DQ finishes? No BS no contests? What kind of sports entertainment show is this?

:cesaro:

• Haha
Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I Don't follow NJPW regularly for accessibility reasons ( I'm a cheap poor bastard; 8 dollars for the streaming service ain't 9 but its still too much a month 4 me) so obviously I wasn't emotionally invested in any character,feud or rivalry but BAWH GAWD was the wrestling still fucking great! Every match, even the ones I didn't think were too great, had some level of quality. But those last 4 matches...my God those last 4 matches. Takahashi Vs. Kashida being my personal second favorite and ofcourse Omega and Okada putting on an 5 star+++ classic. Without a doubt 10/10, really need to start watching more New Japan stuff if this is the norm'.

The only bad part was the English commentary. Absolute cancer.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The main event was by far the best match I ever watched. Totally agree with Big Meltz's ****** rating.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The main event was by far the best match I ever watched. Totally agree with Big Meltz's ****** rating.

I was just reading that it was over 46 minutes long and I was a bit dumbfounded because it didn't seem that long... that's how good it was. I think the consensus is probably right that this may have been the greatest match in the history of wrestling.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I heard people saying the English commentary was good but it's actually still awful? (IMHO) [No emotion, sounds like they have bare minimum knowledge of wrestling, barely sold a story, etc.)
Only watched Okada/Omega last night since it was highly praised and it didn't disappoint at all. Holy shit, that match made me feel that Omega might be the best performer today. (Over Styles who would be top 3)

Although, I don't watch wrestling, so my opinion is pretty meh.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I heard people saying the English commentary was good but it's actually still awful? (IMHO) [No emotion, sounds like they have bare minimum knowledge of wrestling, barely sold a story, etc.)
Only watched Okada/Omega last night since it was highly praised and it didn't disappoint at all. Holy shit, that match made me feel that Omega might be the best performer today. (Over Styles who would be top 3)

Although, I don't watch wrestling, so my opinion is pretty meh.

You know, honestly, I don't think I've ever listened to the English commentary. Perhaps I should to see how bad it is.

Completely agree on Omega being maybe the best performer out there. I've mentioned before that I don't think Okada can elevate other wrestlers. He puts on his best matches with the best wrestlers. The fact that he may have put on what many people (including myself) are considering the greatest match in the history of wrestling, it speaks to how good Omega is. He is more than deserving of some IWGP title reigns in the future.

You know, when AJ left NJPW, I know a lot of people were a bit miffed that they lost their best heel. But wow, they had the right person come in and take his place.