Rate the wrestler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

maty619

Reaction score
Okay so the the person above you says the name of a wrestler, you must rate that wrestler out of 10 and give a reason for that rating, for example if someone said to me Santino then I can't just say 0 I must give a justified reason and please be sensible with your ratings, no 1219791212971s and no 0s.

I'll start this off with the inevitable, Rey Mysterio

pumpt73

Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite. I'll give Rey a 7. Never been a big fan of Rey's, but I have a ton of respect for him. You don't see many wrestlers of his stature with his staying power. He's overcome a slew of inuries, been World Heavyweight Champion twice now and countless other championships to go with it. Rey is one of those talents that doesn't need a title to get over. Beloved by the fans, the guy is a sure fire WWE Hall of Famer.

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig.

Reaction score
Mr Perfect gets a 10 from me. He was underused, and should have been pushed. The problem with Hennig was the fact that like his counterparts Dibiase and Roberts (among so many others), he was standing in the overpowering shadow of Hogan. I wish they had really pushed him after Hogan departed for WCW. I still mark for his matches against Bret Hart.

William Regal

Reaction score
He's a 6.5. Good worker. Strong talker. But outside of his awesomeness in 08, never made much of an impact in the wrestling world. Will make a helluva trainer just like Finlay did.

Tajiri.

Reaction score
Tajiri gets a 3 from me. I would give him a 6 for his time in ECW, but WWE ruined him. But then again, he never talked, and when you choose not to talk, you are damning your character to the bottom of the card.

JBL

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
JBL: 6

He was in a great tag team with Faarooq. The APA were a real entertaining team. And that's inside and outside of the ring. Once they split, I don't remember much besides him participating in the 24/7 Hardcore title scene. Then JBL was born and he got his main event push and it was great. Giving him The Cabinet kept the title reign from getting stale. But towards then end, it did to me. I I honestly don't remember what he did after he lost the title. But when he retired, he was great on commentary. I was actually bumbed that he started wrestling again. When he came back he was boring. His numerous matches with Cena meant nothing.

He was going to get a high score, but besides his days as the APA and his WWE title reign, everything thing was forgettable and post-WWE title reign was boring.

Chris Jericho

maty619

Reaction score
8.5, JBL was gold, I am not a big fan of his in ring style but I can appreciate that he is good, for that reason he gets a high score from me. He is really good on the microphone aswell as pretty good in the ring.

9.99 recurring for Jericho, noone is a 10 as noone is perfect but Jericho is one of the closest thing to perfect WWE has at the moment, he is excellent in the ring andon the microphone.

Undertaker

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Never been a massive fan, and think at times the gimmick get's in the way the advancement of other guys, but you can't fuck with Taker.

9/10

Great big-match performer, carried a doomed to fail cartoon-ish gimmick for 20+ years through vaious different eras, can hold down a decent promo.

He's a 6.5. Good worker. Strong talker. But outside of his awesomeness in 08, never made much of an impact in the wrestling world. Will make a helluva trainer just like Finlay did.

Why does no-one remember the sweet fued Regal had with Jericho throughout the course of 2001? ...Utter besmirchment, I tell thee.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The only thing I remember out of Regal's career, was him bringing in "Awesome Thy Name Is Tajari", him winning King of the Ring, becoming Raw GM, getting suspended and his boring feud with Punk for the IC title that everyone thought was so great just because it was Punk.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Since Airfixx and JB didn't list who should be rated next, I'll go with who JB mentioned: CM Punk.

I'll give Punk a 7 (for now). His ROH work speaks for itself. He's done the face role and gained massive popularity in WWE, but his true calling is as a heel. He's got a great look without having to be huge, is pretty solid on the mic, and even pulled off a mask for a while. Punk is only going to get better with time.

Next up: Barry Windham

Reaction score
Why does no-one remember the sweet fued Regal had with Jericho throughout the course of 2001? ...Utter besmirchment, I tell thee.

I remember the feud, Even tho it's not all that memorable. The only thing that stands out is Jericho pissing in Regals tea & their WM match (Which was seriously small opposed to other matches that night).

CM Punk: 8/10. His promo skills give him a high number and his wrestling skills are amazing but he's not at the main event level (Because of the Taker/Kane storyline) and he most likely won't be for some time. I want Punk to be with the belt for a long time.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Yeah the Jericho/Regal feud I do actually remember, I love Jericho and have a load of respect for Regal and all but that wasn't a highlight of neither man's carrer imo.

Since nobody named a wrestler I'll give one

Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Reaction score
Bret Hart: 9/10. You can't say he puts on perfect matches everyweek but he did do some very memorable matches. His classic bout against HBK at WM12 was perfection. The reason why this isn't a 10/10 is because I really think he's shot himself in the foot by returning to Raw. I was fine with his performance on Jan 4th and some of the run up to WM, But the GM storyline and the storyline leading up to Summerslam was awful and Hart should never have returned. He had his closure and he didn't need to do the SS storyline but he did it anyway. He shot himself in the foot, in my opinion.

Next: Luke Gallows.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Gallows gets a 6/10 from me. He isn't too bad in the ring, but he could use some improvement, but he is a young, big guy so I think Vince may have some big plans for him in the future. He plays the SES enforcer role very well.

Matt Hardy