Rate the Moments Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

Rate the Moment 131:
Sting comes back to Total Non-stop Action Wrestling

Stingtna.jpg

On December 11, 2005, at Turning Point, as Jeff Jarrett stood in the ring celebrating his victory, the lights in the arena went out, images of a scorpion—Sting's symbol—then appeared on the arena screens, along with the date "January 15, 2006." Spotlights then illuminated the ring, revealing that a chair bearing Sting's signature trench coat, boots and black baseball bat had been placed in the center of the ring. His return to TNA was officially announced one minute after midnight on the January 1, 2006 episode of Impact!.

Reaction score
7/10 A big moment, but not to the magnitude of some of the other moments. He hasn't wrestled consistently and only shows up to half the shows when he isn't involved in a major feud...and even then not all of them. Plus he is 50+ years old. I love the guy, but Goldberg's return would be much bigger, IMHO.

Moonlight Drive

4/10

He's old, washed-up and I don't care about seeing him tbh. But the fact he is such a legend and an icon of the business brought it back from the brink of a 0/10

C4

Rate the Moment 132:
Ultimate Warrior wins the World Wrestling Federation Championship

hulkwarrior3-wm6.jpg

In one of the most famous moments in wrestling history, Ultimate Warrior faced Hulk Hogan on April 1, 1990, at the SkyDome in Toronto, Ontario and defeated the American hero. The event was billed as "The Ultimate Challenge", as both Hogan's WWF World Championship and Warrior's Intercontinental Championship were on the line. The match began with a show of strength from each man, as Warrior shoved Hogan back into a corner, then Hogan did the same to Warrior. Warrior then brought Hogan to his knees using a Greco-Roman knuckle lock, only for Hogan to regain his feet and once again do the same to Warrior. The match continued in this way, with numerous shifts in momentum, and neither wrestler able to maintain his advantage. A couple of notable spots included Warrior knocking Hogan out of the ring with a clothesline, with Hogan injuring his knee in the fall. Hogan limped back into the ring, shook off the injury, and retaliated with a series of punches to the face. Later on, Hogan locked Warrior in a lengthy sleeper hold. Warrior eventually fought his way free, went to shake the ropes for his trademark adrenaline rush, then scored with three consecutive clotheslines. The match finally reached its climax when Warrior performed his Gorilla Press Drop on Hogan, followed by the Warrior Splash and a pin. Hogan kicked out of the pin, then proceeded to "Hulk Up" (Hogan's own trademark adrenaline rush), and hit Warrior with the Big Boot, setting him up for the Atomic Leg Drop. However, Warrior rolled out of the way, avoiding the move, and scored another Warrior Splash, which pinned Hogan for the 3 count. Warrior's victory complete, he then remained in the ring to celebrate with a spectacular post-match firework display.

Wild Rover

Reaction score

Only saw the video years after the event but the two of them have always been a big deal since I've known American wrestling, it's a pretty decent show (if not a 5 star match). If you can't give that a 10 what can you...

Jayfunk

Reaction score
8 great moment in wrestling history with the most untalented wrestler ever UW

Airfixx

10/10. BIIIG moment....

Hogan FINALLY takes a clean pin and the torch is passed.... Warrior COULD have been THE man for many years to come.

I'm sure peeps will be slagging this off, by virtue of their opinion of Warrior (Dispite the fact that he did EVENTUALLY become pretty decent in the ring) but they're missing the point and probably weren't watching at the time in order to full appreciate it (Watching it on Youtube nearly 20 years later is NOT the same thing).

The Leviathan

Reaction score
10/10... I remember watching it when I was just 5 (I think?) in our VHS. The promos that hyped the match is good and the match is amazing during that time. I don't know who to cheer for in this match but when it ended, I remember I kept asking my mom to buy me a UW action figure :p

Airfixx

^^^Re: Promo's, hype etc.

Totally.

The whole thing was class... Them clashing in the Rumble (The first time they used the Rumble for anything other than a glorified battle royal), then teaming up on SNME and having static but never quite clashing (Warrior teasing a clothesline then running off after they accidentally collided), them saving each other from Earthquake at different times, reasoning that they wanted each other at their best when they clashed. It was perfect.

...And we got the classic 'plane crash' promo from Warrior! LOL

(...And to think we could have just got Zues jobbing for Hogan @ WM6. Would have been damn cool if Zues won and had become the unbeatable heel champion tho', but that's another story.)

C4

This was the pinnacle of Sports Entertainment, if only Warrior wouldn't fuck up years later with Vince McMahon... his career was made GOLDEN with this single moment 10/10